[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - fashion ads & brand campaigns

fashion ads & brand campaigns

Clothes

Re: fashion ads & brand campaigns

Postby Syeknom » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:39 pm

Chloé

PRADA

Syeknom

Postby germinal » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:59 pm

bump

so this is where the lvmh money is going

germinal
Garminlad

Postby freddy » Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:57 am

Before, I usually don't pay attention to fashion ad campaigns being that I'm interested in a lot of heritage stuff, which ends up being a reinvigoration/interpretation/reproduction of the archived past. However, I will have to say that LVC has particularly caught my interest this season. I may be biased but I'm not saying it because of the desire to flaunt my beloved labels – but also realize that all things americana/heritage is usually a cluster-fuck of mundane archived shit. Not for S/S 2014 season. By their own merits, they are really stepping up the plate brand wise. It's finally nice to see things are materializing for them after personally hearing how they were unsure where they would direct and carry the line forward. I've been gravitating more towards LVC as of the past few seasons, and I think it's suiting me much better being a younger guy. Whilst often times it can be a euphoric adventure, sometimes I wouldn't mind a rest competing with dads and Japanese buyers for RRL and other mature heritage brands. LVC is a perfect blend of rowdy and howdy, simple outback rodeo-cowboy-racher-coal-miner-farmer fun with an energetic youthful jizz. I can fucks with it.

I also think this is ideal timing now that the #menswear/J. Crew in Good Company hype has dwindled from the recent ramp since 2009 to I reckon 2012. I, for one, would not like LVC to be commingled with that; it is far too niche and cult amassing too much historical culture as a brand. On that note, it's great that Levi is adamantly interested in preserving the original history and roots of Levi; hiring a archive historian, buying up vintage for archive and reproduction, while off-shooting a line where modern-day folks can take a pick at re-experiencing the past. Things are looking good. And I can fucks with this ad campaign.

Levi Vintage Clothing for S/S 2014, ladies and gentlemen.

[

freddy

Postby kyung » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:44 pm

KIMCHI SLAP

_( :⁍ 」 )_
kyung

Postby thug » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:07 pm

Thought these were cool

thug

Postby sknss » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:28 pm

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby jrisk » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:26 pm

huh, that's the first time I've ever seen something done like that. Pretty interesting and kind of unique it seems!

jrisk

Postby germinal » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:09 am

dior homme

autumn 2004

autumn 2005

germinal
Garminlad

Postby can- » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:19 am

can't get over how much better that looks than slp. and I'm not an slp hater

can-

Postby germinal » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:28 am

where's the collection though?

germinal
Garminlad

Postby Syeknom » Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:20 pm

More JW Anderson fun - AW13 (first campaign apparently)

Syeknom

Re: ramdom fashion thoughts

Postby bels » Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:49 pm

Jez Anderson x PWADA

bels
Yung Winona

Postby fenderbender » Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:17 am

all old but I remembered the YSL musician ads today watching the new Christopher Owens videos. really liked these.

fenderbender

Postby exprof » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:31 am

One of my favourites... Hailee Steinfeld for Miu Miu

exprof

Postby spahdfgo » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:46 pm

Gaultier

Chanel

Also for those that don't know, ina.fr is a website that acts as the archives of french television so it's a good resource if you're looking for old fashion related stuff (shows, interviews etc.)

spahdfgo

Postby schiaparelli » Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:18 pm

helmut lang ads are killer. the house style: severe, almost clinical type, explorations of type isolated from image and inversions where type becomes the image, (generally) b&w imagery that isn't ashamed of being grainy. when images are in color they have this harsh, almost unflattering tonality to them.

sources: the fashion spot's '' thread, pinboard of '', and i don't know what to make of it. there are quite a few good collections on pinterest of fashion advertisements and i just sunk half an hour into poking around…

schiaparelli

Postby can- » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:13 pm

can-

Postby blanket » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:04 am

I liked CdG ads long before I learned to like CdG clothes.

CdG Shirt dump
A good portion of the content is from on SF. I tried to find as many of the original artists and seasons as I could, but there are probably mistakes; please correct me if you spot any. Ronnie Cooke Newhouse and Stephen Wolstenholme are often credited for the art, but as far as I know they're actually the creative directors in charge of the advertising campaigns.

AW 1988, (the first Shirt collection?)

AW 2002, Jeff Mermelstein

AW 2007, Roe Ethridge

SS 2008, Paul Granjon

SS 2009, Autoportraits by Berge Jensen(??) (the only reference I can find to self portraits by a Berge Jensen is Sipang's post or copies of Sipang's post; the side of the adverts credit B(?)rge Jensen 1920-1998. I haven't been able to find other mentions of this artist or these works. If you know more about these self portraits please tell (: )

SS 2010, Daniel Clowes

Sknss already posted these SS 2010 ones by Stephen J Shanabrook/Veronika Georgieva, but they're really great, so here they are again

AW 2010, Simen Johan

SS 2012 Collier Schorr

SS 2012, Magda Archer

season unknown
Leland Myrick

Collier Schorr

Oscar Murillo

The background is a detail from Abraham Mignon's

Lewis Baltz. I think I might have seen this on the SZ CdG thread, but I can't find the post again.

This might be Ben Morieson(???) He did some works with choreographed cars. One of them features a pink car, but I don't think any of his works have 8 cars.

I couldn't find information on the season or artist for these

Not sure if this is actually a CdG advert but it looks cool

blanket

Postby qalandar » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:06 pm

qalandar

Postby qalandar » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:30 pm

qalandar

Postby qalandar » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:36 pm

Surface article on Yohji -

For a higher resolution file of the interview page, click

qalandar

Postby qalandar » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:41 pm

absurd/weird CCP videos (so i guess all par for course)

[vimeo]http://www.vimeo.com/44993116[/vimeo]

[vimeo]http://www.vimeo.com/29542519[/vimeo]

qalandar

Postby germinal » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:41 pm

germinal
Garminlad

Postby blanket » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:22 pm

blanket

Postby Iliam » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:28 pm

Iliam

Postby ramseames » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:35 pm

New Awang denim line ads

Very NSFW

ramseames

Postby mc-lunar » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:47 pm

kinda grossed out by those tbh. not doing anything new or provocative at this point in time so at best its derivative and at worst its objectifying and all that

mc-lunar

Postby vgtbls » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:48 pm

Good thing I'm covered in baby oil or else these jawns would never fit

vgtbls

Postby ramseames » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:53 pm

in post-tom ford 2014 its not that shocking anymore in and of itself, but i'm surprised awang doesn't have a stronger/more interesting vision for the line though

WWD has a few product shots, look very forgettable:

ramseames

Postby prawnzee » Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:10 pm

sun buddies ad!

prawnzee

PreviousNext

Return to Tags