[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Clothes

Re: ramdom fashion thoughts

Postby rublev » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:17 am

dammit every time i see someone wearing all black stuff i think wow that looks really cool and badass i gotta do that and i try it but it looks really bad... like it just doesn't work... look like a lost school kid or something. I don't think MY FACE suits black clothing... if that's possible. I don't understand! I've been here before and i've said it here before but it kinda bugs me. I know i know, don't force things etc...

/rant

rublev
Political Editor

Postby ramseames » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:36 am

ramseames

Postby George Groby » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:13 pm

George Groby

Postby JonjoShelvey » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:11 pm

JonjoShelvey

Postby anonomous » Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:01 pm

BAPE is still quite big in Japan and Hong Kong IIRC.. Maybe Taiwan too. Well basically a lot of the East.

anonomous

Postby anonomous » Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:22 pm

On the topic of BAPE, In my experience, it had a huge influence in South East Asia. Growing up in Brunei, the coolest thing you could have on your shirt is some variant of Baby Milo (from BAPE).
If you had one of these BAPE tees, you grab every other teen's attention and it basically signifies how 'hip' you are. Every time anyone saw one of those tees, they'd get asked where they bought it from because no one knew! There was never a straight answer. It was always, "oh, my mom bought it for me." or something along the lines that of buying it while travelling abroad. Just imagine seeing supreme everywhere but not knowing where to get it.

There was just something so cool about Baby Milo to the people in my country. Girls LOVED it because it was cute, guys loved it because it was hip/cool. It appealed to every age, gender and ethnicity there. Baby Milo became so popular that you'd get small companies or whatever making Baby Milo stickers which looked terrible to sell out to people, a lot of people would have it as their display picture on friendster or some kind of wallpaper. There was even a company who parodied the shirt and wrote 'FAPE' instead of 'BAPE'. We called it the Fake Ape, and it sold well for a bit then died quickly because having 'FAPE' on your chest is all kinds of wrong.

Of course, trends die and people move on. BAPE still exists now but on a much smaller scale, probably people rocking their 5 or more, years old tshirt.

Woah. Can't believe I remembered all that. Now i feel like i should get a BAPE tee before i return to Brunei in summer and maybe revive the Baby Milo trend again.

anonomous

Postby CleanThug » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:41 pm

you predicted supreme x nike ss14

cheers

http://dressed.so/post/view/51d6fbd944220

CleanThug

Postby bhajz » Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:24 pm

it's 93 degrees outside, I've finished school and i just want to wear baggy tees and gym shorts

bhajz

Postby HeavenResign » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:24 pm

TW: body stuff

I know this subject has been beaten to death so I'm sorry if this is trite and stupid horseshit. But on my journey for leather jackets I've been re-evaluating my thoughts and body type and fashion. I used to spout "yeah it's easier to dress fashionably if you're in shape but it can still be done" (notice I'm using the term fashion vs. style/dressing well for a reason).

What got me thinking was this image I pulled off styleforum about a mto vanson jacket:

By all means other than very small details I think that's a pretty ideal fit for that dude.

Someone on SF asked "Huh. I wonder what makes the latter pic a more generic leather daddy stuff compared to the one above."

And some obvious answers might be...the dude's goatee, the fact that he's over 35 (he might not be that's just an example), his pants. But cut all that out, would I still say that jacket looks dope? Probably not, even though I love a well fitting perfecto.

Why? I haven't figured that out yet, but I'm guessing it's because the dude has a (albeit small) gut and if he lost it he'd be a size down and thus conform more to my standard of a fashionable fit.

I want to apologize in advance if this comment is ignorant as fuck or offensive, I'm typing this out sort of quickly before I head out and it's hard for me to word this properly because I have a migraine

HeavenResign

Postby RycePooding » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:49 pm

Not ignorant of offensive, but I'm failing to see your point? Sure it's 'easier' to look 'good' when you're in great shape, clothing fits you better. There's almost no 'style' that looks better on a fat dude (ben had a couple examples somewhere, dude on a yacht with open Hawaiian shirt maybe?) but that doesn't mean that a bigger guy can't be into clothing or look great. We have a number of large guys here on care-tags that look good (I hesitate to include myself in this group because a.) I'm very self critical and am not sure how I look tbh, and b.) i'm not really sure if I fit into the fat guy group, though I am quite large,) and comfortable with who they are. The biggest differences that I see in those two pics is that one has better lighting and is being better 'modeled', dude against the green isn't out of shape at all, but we can also see his poorly fitting jeans. He doesn't wear the thing with confidence, and that's apparent as well. Doesn't have much to do with being fat.

RycePooding

Postby can- » Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:00 pm

clothes look better on sexy people being styled and shot in a sexy way, but you can put anything on a lusty model and it will look good if the person is hot, has the right facial expression and posture, right filters etc.. more about styling than garments.

I think for some people they put on certain clothes which make them feel attractive, but for me it tends to be the other way around and if I'm feeling great about how i look it generally doesn't actually matter what I'm wearing. except for sharp tailoring. I always feel like a king in sharp tailoring

can-

Postby HeavenResign » Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:40 pm

Last edited by HeavenResign on Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:39 pm, edited 5 times in total.
HeavenResign

Postby ramseames » Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:58 pm

Why the trigger warning?

Agreed with ryce. Obesity isn't fashionable, but you don't have to be a small dude to look cool, you just gotta be self aware about what's gonna work for you and what isn't.

Also rice you're defs a part of that group (smiling)

ramseames

Postby HeavenResign » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:29 pm

i just wasn't sure of forum etiquette and wanted to be considerate i can not do it from now on though.

and yeah, in hindsight I think I would've just posted the two pictures and talked about the fits between the two and the likes/dislikes of them, and if body types came into that then so be it. My original post really does come off as incoherent, I felt really loose as I was typing it and should've re-read it

HeavenResign

Postby quad » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:05 pm

i hate jean pockets

quad

Postby CleanThug » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:24 pm

being unhappy with purchases is annoying, but can be really helpful in the long run. Will mull over large purchases in the future.

CleanThug

Postby ramdomthought » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:11 pm

I'VE BEEN SHOPPING AT SUPREME SINCE THEY FIRST OPENED IN 1994

ramdomthought

Postby bels » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:50 am

Dunno where to post this:

[vimeo]http://www.vimeo.com/9420627[/vimeo]

The show itself:

bels
Yung Winona

Postby thomaspaine » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:56 am

thomaspaine

Postby RycePooding » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:57 pm

My dad just decided he needs to look more professional as a boss so he asked me to help him order some clothes.... So yeah just made a uniqlo order with my dad.

Dress belt recs, on a related note.

RycePooding

Postby ramdomthought » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:26 pm

ramdomthought

Postby kyung » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:30 pm

what a pretty nigel cabourn shirt

KIMCHI SLAP

_( :⁍ 」 )_
kyung

Postby odradek » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:28 am

odradek

Postby bels » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:09 am

Lemme just check:

No.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Syeknom » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:13 am

Makes a certain sense given their marketing aesthetic/jizz over the past few years and they are very popular over here. That said i've a suspicion that this is primarily about the euro signs for Aitor - it's almost certainly a good offer given how well g star have been doing.

Syeknom

Postby starfox64 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:26 am

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby Syeknom » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:45 am

Don't see reason for judging a man for taking on jobs that give him good money in exhange for creativity. "purity" of coolness/vision is a bit silly a demand.

Syeknom

Postby maj » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:45 am

Last edited by maj on Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
maj

Postby bels » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:53 am

Dunno heck. Football Hooligans, Jockeys, Umbro, marching bands etc all very Damon Albarn and Kasabian.

Aitor sometimes looks like the king cyberponk of all the land (especially if you just look at That Jacket) but I'm not sure he sees himself that way. To me his influences seem to be more related to casual culture, New Labour, britpop, David Kelly, police brutality etc.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby ramseames » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:24 pm

Yo anyone who thinks he's not cashing out with this is willfully blind. Not gonna make him proper rich but I'm sure it's at least a couple hundred k.

ramseames

PreviousNext

Return to Tags