[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - So, Fruit of the Loom have started a premium line

So, Fruit of the Loom have started a premium line

Clothes

So, Fruit of the Loom have started a premium line

Postby DeafIdiotGod » Fri May 16, 2014 1:13 pm

and it's actually not half bad.

You know that manufacturer who make the t-shirts that people print metal band logos onto and all that? They've tentatively started to make their way into the contemporary fashion market with a collection of high quality basics and some streetwear pieces.

They've got two pop-up stores at the moment, in London and Berlin, and I think those are the only places to buy any of it at the moment. I had a look in the London one about a month ago and I was pretty impressed with the stock, which included the softest t-shirt I had ever felt. A few of the clothes also had some weird construction to them, like having the breast pocket on the inside of all the shirts. Also the slip on sneakers look pretty sweet.

Pics of the stores here

DeafIdiotGod

Re: So,Fruit of the Loom have started a premium line

Postby schiaparelli » Fri May 16, 2014 1:16 pm

i'm fascinated by this. thanks for the heads-up!

really like the idea of interior pockets. i'm a sucker for interesting linings inside jackets…i read a forum thread somewhere else that was all about intriguing details in raw denim, and a lot of people posted funny pocket-lining fabrics or other tiny details you can only see when you (or someone else?!) takes your pants off. i like the idea of clothing having secrets that only you can see.

also enjoy the interior design of the shops. everything is very natural/washed-out/faded/gentle but they have these bits of a saturated deep blue. from a business/internal culture perspective, i really wonder where this decision came from with fruit of the loom.

schiaparelli

Re: So, Fruit of the Loom have started a premium line

Postby odradek » Fri May 16, 2014 1:20 pm

odradek

Postby DeafIdiotGod » Fri May 16, 2014 1:22 pm

It's not so much details that only you know about but more like the odd feature of the garment being reversed. So for a regular button up shirt you can see the stitching attaching the pocket to the inside on the outside, a detail that would normally be out of view. I found it particularly odd on the denim jacket (recycled selvedge btw).

DeafIdiotGod

Postby oucho » Fri May 16, 2014 1:50 pm

this is interesting as shit, are they going to wholesale like they do with their current stuff do ya know?

oucho

Postby DeafIdiotGod » Fri May 16, 2014 1:53 pm

DeafIdiotGod

Postby germinal » Fri May 16, 2014 1:55 pm

levis did the inside pocket thing on some of their early red models. i think it's particularly witty on levi's because the back pocket is the brand in a nutshell

germinal
Garminlad

Postby DeafIdiotGod » Fri May 16, 2014 2:00 pm

Interesting, know where I can see some more of the early Levi's Red models? All I can find online is the new collection.

DeafIdiotGod

Postby germinal » Fri May 16, 2014 2:09 pm

those pictures are from this superfuture thread http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index. ... levis-red/

and you can see pictures from the ln-cc archive here, you can see lots more inside pockets as well as jetted pockets posing as patch pockets http://trendland.com/levis-red-archive-collection/

germinal
Garminlad

Postby jrisk » Fri May 16, 2014 4:56 pm

I love it when boring af brands do something unexpected and out of the ordinary like this.

jrisk

Return to Tags