[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - waste not want not

waste not want not

Clothes

waste not want not

Postby mc-lunar » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:05 pm

I wanted a thread to vent about bad purchases basically

talk about stuff you bought and why you didn't like it. I don't recommend making posts here about things you plan to sell but i'm not the boss of you!

mc-lunar

Re: waste not want not

Postby mc-lunar » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:15 pm

besides online purchases that didn't end up fitting how you wanted them to. I think that's kinda boring and everybody has that story.

so about a year ago I bought these because my girlfriend managed to convince me that she found sperries really attractive on dudes and i was like "there is no price too high for this" and then $60 later i was like "this price was too high for this". I still ended up wearing them pretty consistently throughout the summer because the rest of my clothes were very standard (unqiqlo ocbd, target shorts, etc) and they meshed well. now whenever i wear them the metal bits cut the back of my feet and they're really boring, for lack of a better work. like there's almost always something else I'd rather wear than these and as a result they just sorta sit near the rest of my shoes. Goodwill will see these soon is my guess.

mc-lunar

Postby JewTurk » Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:48 pm

Real talk never let your SO persuade you into buying things. Lessons learned (good song btw).

Girlfriend always trys to persuade me to go shopping with her because she hates how expensive the stuff is I buy.

I regret 90% of what I bought while I took MFA's advice to heart. All my ocbd's, all my chino shorts. Ah well, it just wasn't me. When I see inspo albums for biz caz etc they all look like lands end catalog models and I just don't want that at all. Luckily the transition was quick.

I also went through a short lived streetwear phase, those 'loud' vans I got were a terrible idea and see little to no wear.

JewTurk

Postby popcorn » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:44 pm

Can I ask what ~style~ you moved on to where you dislike your oxford shirts? I may find myself moving past the pink and olive shirts, but I really do love my white, light blue, and gray-blue shirts like children.

Other than the one or two pocket tees I have with silly prints, I bought these Vans Vaults for $40 on the sale rack at Bows & Arrows in Oakland.

Khaki is a lovely color, but not really for shoes, and the corduroy tongue throws off the tonality. I also have white vans so these are the redheaded stepchild of my 6-member shoe family.
Twist though, the soles are made of some niche material (there was a tag on the shoe telling me whatever it was) and despite the shoes' shape making motion much less comfortable than the Vans authentic cut does, these are actually the most comfortable walking shoes I have. I can see why Vans moved on past this model, the shoe grabs the ankle and the toebox creases quickly at a very defined point. Anyway, I still wear these once every two weeks since I have a modest repertoire, and I think I'll take them on vacation for long walks in DK but I'd rather have the $40.

popcorn

Postby McOdsen » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:28 pm

These Eastland MIM mocs were my grail in the MFA days, have no idea why, my wardrobe didn't even work with them. Didn't fit so they creased weirdly and collected pollen in the creases really weirdly too. My most expensive purchase at the time and I tried to make myself love them but I just never felt confident in them. Great quality and all that though. Now they sit on grailed and in my closet and never get touched.

My godson will be there
McOdsen

Postby JonjoShelvey » Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:44 pm

geobaskets i guess? i've since sold them but they don't rly work on fat people

JonjoShelvey

Postby JonjoShelvey » Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:23 am

@mc-lunar

i think ur underestimating how fat i am lol.

JonjoShelvey

Return to Tags