[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Crumpanies, Inc.

Crumpanies, Inc.

Clothes

Crumpanies, Inc.

Postby yoyobeat » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:04 pm

This is a thread about clothing lines or companies you have started/are starting/want to start. Post what you're working on, or ideas you have, or get feedback.

I don't know if a) it's cool to start a thread about this here (happy to move it), or b) stylistically this is necessarily up the forum's alley, but I wanted to share something I've been working on for some time with you.

My partner and I have gone through tons of collegiate archival photos dating back to the 1800s and designed wool sweaters based off of these photos because we recognized that many people were dissatisfied with the quality and style of current college bookstore clothing (i.e. screenprint hoodies). Watch the video. I'm the dude.

After a successfully funded test run at the University of Chicago, we're now crowdfunding sweaters at 8 other colleges, 8 sororities, and 10 fraternities. You can check our site at http://vintagecampususa.com/ [small plug: if you think this is cool, or at least respect the effort put into it, it would be super helpful to post this on your Facebook or elsewhere. No pressure.]

This has been way more work than I might have expected, and I wanted to share it with you guys and encourage others of you to share things that you're working on. I'm pretty much a regular guy like many of you; I've lurked/posted on the usual forums for a few years and decided I wanted to have a go at making something. I have seen Bobbin_Threadbare's STORY, and I've seen Soundclip's shirts, both of which I think are great. What is everyone else working on, or what do you want to try and put into reality?

yoyobeat

Re: Crumpanies, Inc.

Postby IsaiahSchafer » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:39 pm

More like Krumpanies, am i right, guys? I'm trying to be a company. Lots of stop and go.

As soon as I finish unpacking, I'm going to be making about 6 needles-repro flannel shirts. with the strips sewn down the front with different flannel patterns.

Really like the idea of along the lines of a care-tags design coalition, pitching in/collaborating from across the country/globe and maybe sharing a bigcartel or something. (eg just so you can see everything everybody on care-tags has to offer at once) Idk, just spitballing.

edit: synergy!

IsaiahSchafer

Postby popcorn » Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:06 am

I really, really love the idea with Vintage Campus, I think I saw a small plug on another forum a year back and remembered liking it, but the idea was a lot smaller.

I imagine one of the unfortunate side effects of vintage wool sweaters is that you'll probably be regionally limited, obviously the Ivy League, University of Chicago, so forth, are all cold climate schools with interesting sporting histories and I'd suppose tasteful design history, but I'm not sure the old universities in my state (USC, Clemson) could ever have something similar made, which is pretty unfortunate.

popcorn

Postby MxmHrpr » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:05 am

Strangely I had the idea with one of my friends to do a Vintage Campus style thing a few months back, just loopwheeled sweats rather than wool. Great job on the concept so far, I'd definitely cop one if I was at a US university. If you expand to loopwheeled and international hmu and I'll buy 200 for my University.

MxmHrpr

Return to Tags