[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - We don't run on this high street; we run this high street

We don't run on this high street; we run this high street

Clothes

Re: We don't run on this high street; we run this high stree

Postby bels » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:17 am

Yo where can I get a bomber jacket for #59 ? Anyone know?

bels
Yung Winona

Postby popcorn » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:31 pm

very much enjoyed being in Denmark and actually having a city to bike to and a high street to walk along

Copenhagen high streets were cancer, as it should be - Louis Vuitton and Chanel with the likes of Ecco, Sketchers', about 14 H&M's, and the like. Very reminiscent of Union Square SF and probably similar to the parts of 5th Avenue that taxi's avoid driving through. Choking on the (wonderful) smell of street food and the unappreciated jazz of street musicians, my brother and I didn't spend long enough in the central square to see the fountain I can assume three buses of Asian families were sitting on. We walked into Illum which was honestly the tumor of town just to check out the downstairs grocery store and make the city more exciting by enjoying some 11% alcohol beers. I got carded, but 16 years old cuts it in Denmark. 16 years old.

Anyway, nearby central square is a little more enjoyable side street with Han Kjøbenhavn, Norse Store, and Acne Studios all within a fat man's sprint. In the north of the city (quick Dansk lesson, Copenhagen is positioned on Sjælland a bit like Chicago, the North is the rich side) was a cute little street with Acne Archive, Carhartt WIP, a designer consigner run by a bald gay dutch fellow who taught me to say Dries Van Noten, and several very cool boutiques. But that's not what this thread is about.

Odense was actually an underwhelming setting. Maybe I just never found the cool boutique, but I think they just didn't exist. I did get to look around COS, which had a very nice facade and interior. It was hard to walk away from their sale section with some cool socks (70/28 cotton raylon :S), rip off Pier Wu pocket tees, club collar button-ups, and very proper outerwear - but with VAT I decided to save the crowns and keep walking. Like the rest of Denmark, Odense hosted roughly as many H&M's as people.

I'd be lying to say we spent long in Aarhus but I did spend a good two hours looking around Stoy Munkholm.

popcorn

Postby rublev » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:09 am

Woah these look so cool. Ultra light down collarless jackets! Could be really good for autumn or even a layer under another jacket in winter. Not sure which colour i'll go for... i like the blue but i think the olive is more me????! Always put off a bit by how shiny they look in the pics on the site but hopefully it's not as bad irl (???)

Also, has anyone had experience with their selvedge denim?

Image Image

Pretty much have no denim so i'm kinda tempted to give them a try.

rublev
Political Editor

Postby Prae » Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:02 pm

Well, for Odense we don't have much, but we have some. COS, as you knew, but we have some other good shops:

Dr. Adams Wood wood, Kenzo, A. Wang, Gitman bros, Norse, CDG play, Acne + more http://www.dr-adams.dk.

Weekday Chain-store, but some nice stuff in between, used to have high-price "goth-ninja" peices, but they were always on sale and never seemed to sell.

SKATE HOUSE A bit of Carhartt WIP and some Vans.

Magasin More of a dad-store, but have some alright stuff in between, but far more miss than hit. Good for suiting I'd suppose, but expensive.

Samsoe&Samsoe Also more miss than hit, but has some very clean pieces, however fairly boring, COS is a better version.

Plus more random stores which won't have many known designers, but might have some good stuff in between a load of boring shit.

But since it's a town of ~100k, it's mostly OBEY and other very mainstream brands being sold in most stores.

Prae

Postby Prince of Scandinavia » Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:55 pm

Prince of Scandinavia

Postby popcorn » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:29 pm

popcorn

Postby Ques » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:35 pm

is hm the walmart of denmark

Ques

Postby maj » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:04 pm

maj

Postby WikiZuHeltzer » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:16 pm

My laptop doesn't like it

WikiZuHeltzer

Postby rublev » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:40 pm

kinda glad the new website hardly ever loads for me now

saves me from being constantly disappointed

rublev
Political Editor

Postby Ques » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:44 pm

oops wrong thread

Ques

Postby Runningshoes » Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:21 pm

I've been really liking the offerings from american apparel lately. Considering getting this for fall ( in black ofc)

http://store.americanapparel.net/tri-bl ... k_rsatr493

Runningshoes

Postby rublev » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:23 am

Cheap slim fitting cargos from GAP... could be cool rolled up EG style (but maybe not)

rublev
Political Editor

Postby bels » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:09 pm

Is that an articulated knee? Not bad GAP, not bad.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby rublev » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:34 pm

they have them in as well as black, if that's more your thing

lol @ COS. finally had a look through the website since it was redone.... they must be spending a lot on zips these days

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

rublev
Political Editor

Postby rublev » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:44 pm

huh...?

rublev
Political Editor

Postby ramseames » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:30 pm

reacting that strongly is baffling. at worst they're semi bland/innocuous

(putting a zip inside of a side slit pocket on trews is genius tho)

ramseames

Postby rublev » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:36 pm

So my Uniqlo stuff came. Jeans aren't for me. Firstly they're way too small. I thought Uniqlo were vanity sized and i was sure i looked at the measurements when i ordered a 29" but i could hardly get them on when they got up to my thighs (and i'm pretty slim).... rest of the leg kinda flapped all over the place :\ denim looked fine enough for the price (no expert). Might size up and try again another time. Kinda hate 'new' looking denim though.

Ultra light down is quite cool and will probably keep. Never handled it before but now i understand why they call it ultra light... really like that it's collarless and should look cool over roll necks come autumn :D arms are a bit bulky though, but not too bad. It will also work as a layer under my OL hazard parka and actually looks pretty cool. The green / olive is nice too.

rublev
Political Editor

Postby bueno » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:48 pm

what size waist do you normally wear? Still thinking I might get a pair myself just to try. What do you mean by the res of the leg flapping all oven the place?

bueno

Postby wiggly--woo » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:14 am

topman aw14 seems to be really pushing the elongated t-shirt. three elongated long-sleeve tees (straight hem with zip; curved hem; and a baseball-style b+w raglan sleeve thing) and a short sleeve elongated tee with a cut which, judging by the photo, is designed to be a topman attempt at 'drapey' stuff.

trying to push ripped jeans as well by the looks of it (i could be wrong, but i don't remember seeing (m)any ripped jeans at topman recently).

also, they're stocking an egyptian cotton button up at just under £40, which sounds like an okay deal, but being topman it probably won't be

wiggly--woo

Postby === » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:18 pm

B)
===

Postby maj » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:31 pm

#WhatYouWore12MonthsAgoAndNowHate so many chiefs in this clobber, this and all the givenchy aw12/13 now stocked in jd sports.

maj

Postby bels » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:13 pm

ZARA DARK PONCHO is really amazing because who has the guts to call something a DARK PONCHO.

DARK PONCHO sounds like the Spanish translation of a 80s anime villain.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby ptozzi » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:18 pm

H&M $20 denim is the biggest non-sale bargain out there.

ptozzi

Postby rublev » Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:43 pm

rublev
Political Editor

Postby DeafIdiotGod » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:28 pm

DeafIdiotGod

Postby rublev » Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:50 pm

Nah, that COS denim is still far too tight for what i'm after. I've tried a few pairs on before and they're either too tight in the leg or too baggy in the waist when i size up (but not baggy in the the thigh). Thought the denim was pretty thin for the money too :\

Image Image

First thing from the new COS stuff i'd consider getting. Slightly oversized with drop shoulders... so exactly the same knit and cut as last year but in two different colours. Was in a shop yesterday and a lot of things are much better in person but still not good enough to buy. Pretty sure the mens section is also shrinking... confined to a small shadowy corner of the room.

rublev
Political Editor

Postby wiggly--woo » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:32 pm

are now officially a thing and they're yours for £45.

they've got five different selvedge jeans in (including aforementioned raws) with a

i'm genuinely curious about the raws

wiggly--woo

Postby stappard_ » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:46 pm

stappard_

Postby WikiZuHeltzer » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:10 am

WikiZuHeltzer

PreviousNext

Return to Tags