[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Long Coat Mafia [LCM]

Long Coat Mafia [LCM]

Clothes

Re: Long Coat Mafia [LCM]

Postby WikiZuHeltzer » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:14 am

Can I join?

Baracuta Ramsey. Its half lined with some nifty little details:

WikiZuHeltzer

Postby yubbermax » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:23 am

CCP 2009:

yubbermax

Postby Syeknom » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:36 am

Syeknom

Postby Syeknom » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:43 am

Margiela

Syeknom

Postby yubbermax » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:16 pm

A1923

yubbermax

Postby DeafIdiotGod » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:43 pm

Undercover SS'10

DeafIdiotGod

Postby longjumps » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:19 pm

margiela ss 2000

longjumps

Postby breakadawn » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:19 pm

Was given this Australian drover coat yesterday and i think it's brilliant and hilarious, is this long enough to join?

breakadawn

Postby DeafIdiotGod » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:13 pm

I've been meaning to post about this. A few weeks back I took a trip to London and tried on a lot of long coats (mainly basic chesterfields but some cooler ones) and saw a sweet installation which also featured long coats in some capacity.

Folk Three Four Coat - £450
I had to make quite a trip to the store that carried this one, luckily I wasn't let down. The material on this thing is gorgeous, at 70% virgin wool, 10% cashmere and 20% nylon this feels nicer than most of the pure wool coats that I tried on during my stay, a number of them more expensive. The product image makes it look like it flares out at the bottom but when I tried it on it hung nice and straight down the sides. Pockets are at a nice level, great to slip one hand into for that look-how-chilled-I-am look. My one complaint is that goddamn hook on the lapel for warmer fastening, not because I don't like how it looks, I actually quite like the detail, but because it's so hard to actually get that thing into its fastening hole.

Collar poppability: gr8

Our Legacy Classic Coat - £389
This one felt heavier and the material felt less soft and a tad rougher than the Folk one but still pretty nice, hidden button is also pretty sweet. Fit was a bit boxier as with most OL stuff that I've tried, I guess it's their thing. The lapels are also a bit wide so that paired with the fit made it look a bit dated to me. It's nice but as well as the kind of old appearance it looked a little plain I guess, maybe it was the lighting but the Folk coat had a nicer "sheen" to the material.

Collar poppability: dece

Acne Garret Coat - £500
It's nice and all but I felt a bit underwhelmed. At £500 I was expecting something that felt a little more luxurious, it was more on par with the OL coat, I guess this is just the obscene mark-up Acne gets in the UK. No complaints with the fit and it looks lovely but it felt much noticeably stiffer than the other coats I tried on that day.

J. Crew Ludlow Topcoat - £450
Material not as nice as the other coats at the same pricepoint, fit was okay, not much more to say except...

Collar poppability: shit, looked dumb, do not cop, DDoS the website

Cos Wool Cashmere Coat - £190
Obviously not as nice a material as the higher end coats but still pretty good. It's thinner and feels more smooth than the others which is pretty nice in its own right, means it could be more autumny. As with the Folk coat the product pic suggests a much boxier fit than the reality. The top button was irritating to use since the over-button strip stops very shortly above the top button hole. Comes in black and navy just like everything else in the store.

Collat poppability: dece

Tiger Of Sweden Dempsey Coat - £449
Very nice, very soft wool. Came in black or camel and the latter is absolutely gorgeous, I was tempted to cop there and then it looked so sweet in the mirror. Inside pocket situation was good too if I recall correctly, had some sideways zips and stuff. Very nice shopping experience too, the SA was very helpful, would visit the store again.

Tiger Of Sweden Bruiser Coat - £449
More of a car coat, made of a slightly techy, water resistant material that feels nice and smooth to the touch. Naturally much lighter than all the wool coats I tried and would make a very nice light layer while still retaining your LCM credentials. Didn't try any other car coats so I have no comparison but it was rather nice, although idk if it should be the same price as the Dempsey.

Collar poppability: different look but still gr8

Burberry Cashmere Chesterfield - £1995
Aw man this thing felt so nice, softer than most cashmere jumpers I've handled. I didn't even get to try one on because they didn't have it in my size (unless they just wanted me out, the SA's were eyeing me with suspicion).

Ann Demeulemeester Brown Tweed Coat - £1790
One of the more nxtlvl things I tried on. It had a rather loose feel to it, much less structuring than the other coats resulting in a much floppier fit. The material was kind of rough but a nice kind of rough, kind of like some Yohji stuff that I've seen. Also felt a bit fragile, like the seams would rip if I moved my arms to far, I'm sure it was tougher than it let on though.

Rick Owens Hooded Coat - £2693
RICK GOT 2 MUCH SWAG WE WIZARD BOYZ NOW SAUNTER INTO HOGWARTS AND ALL THE WITCHES BE ON UR WAND LIKE THEY UNDER IMPERIUS CURSE CALL MY WEAPON DEATH AND NOW THEY WORK FOR VOLDEMORT IF U CATCH MY DRIFT

In Hostem in Shoreditch the Mezzanine area is home to an installation by Studio Toogood, an interior design studio who are now making some coats apparently. I'll post more about the whole installation in the Bricks & Mortar thread but here are some pics of the coats featured, Some of them were made entirely of paper like rough tests, some were waxed with white paint or something, some dipped in shiny black paint and some in really nice cashmere. Coats were all coppable for like £1000 or something.

Huge

Last edited by DeafIdiotGod on Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
DeafIdiotGod

Postby BIGBEE » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:39 pm

I was all excited that I might be able to join but then I realized I'm a fishtail peasant :(

BIGBEE

Postby stappard_ » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:54 pm

This does beg the 'where can I get a good car coat?' question. My TM Lewin one for work is rubbish

stappard_

Postby fun_yunchables » Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:01 pm

this living concept soutien collar coat caught my eye

coolest lame guy u'll ever meet
fun_yunchables

Postby ramseames » Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:17 pm

ramseames

Postby fun_yunchables » Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:30 pm

i've always seen soutien collar primarly used in japanese brands (lad, cash ca, nanamica, living concept, etc). could just be a regional thing to be honest but i really don't know where that term comes from.

coolest lame guy u'll ever meet
fun_yunchables

Postby bels » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:28 am

My No-cop-no-jutsu is stronger than ever but I covet this Christophe:

Such a reasonable price too if you've lost your mind from spending too long looking at coats that cost £300 more than it.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby greggy » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:45 am

My KKA coat finally arrived. Melton wool, quite substantial but not overly thick. Fully lined, with two outside pockets and two inside pockets and functional button cuffs. Buttons are all horn and there's a hook at the top in place of the third button. Fit is super slim with high armholes. I'm XS and this is almost too small for me (this is size 1, so also XS). Definitely not a layering piece. Length is pretty much perfect, it ends just above the knee. I feel like that with a coat this slim you need that extra length. Really like how it looks like when hooked up as well.

greggy

Postby Syeknom » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:44 pm

Syeknom

Postby pirxthepilot » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:17 pm

loro piana cashmere made by bespoke tailor timothy everest (not for me...client never collected and i got it for cheap)

pirxthepilot

Postby Syeknom » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:16 am

Good price but not my cuppa - too short

Syeknom

Postby Syeknom » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:17 pm

Syeknom

Postby pirxthepilot » Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:53 am

Went looking for a navy chesterfield yesterday and found DIG's little essay above to be spot on.
-Acne Garret was my first choice, fit was very good, but the material is super-thick and very stiff. Perhaps more made for a Stockholm winter than the London version.
-OL: boxy fit, wide lapels, coarse-seeming fabric, wasn't feeling it.
-Cos was... ok. Trim fit and lighter (but quite nice) fabric, it just seemed a bit unexciting.

the search continues...

pirxthepilot

Postby AmericanPie » Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:40 am

Four Horsemen Linen Long Coat. Whole thing is unlined.

AmericanPie

Postby pirxthepilot » Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:17 pm

i've wanted this exact helmut lang coat for ages after seeing it worn so fantastically well by ghostface on SF (his pic below). finally found it, will post less-well-styled photos when it arrives

pirxthepilot

Postby zayg » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:43 pm

tried on some camel topman coat at nordstrom the other day

not really feeling topman, but feeling the long coat for sure

zayg

Postby oucho » Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:04 pm

E. Tautz, I love how clean it is

oucho

Postby inherently » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:09 pm

inherently

Postby yubbermax » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:17 am

1 vent or 2?

yubbermax

Postby starfox64 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:23 pm

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby pirxthepilot » Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:48 am

^ arrived with a cig hole in sleeve which the seller had neglected to mention... fit is perfect though so i'm having it invisibly mended
actually just bought these
so i can attempt something like this (margiela FW14)

pirxthepilot

Postby RomanEmpire » Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:34 am

Got my first Junya piece so I could join the LCM. Just threw it on over what I was wearing at the time

RomanEmpire

PreviousNext

Return to Tags