[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Clothes

Re: ramdom fashion thoughts

Postby papabear » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:34 pm

If I can't get the hm x wang sweatshirt when it drops thursday, how much do you guys think it's gonna be on ebay for?

papabear

Postby DeafIdiotGod » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:55 pm

I tried on some RM Williams kangaroo chelseas today and goddamn are they some of the comfiest boots I've ever worn.

~so supple~

DeafIdiotGod

Postby zayg » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:09 am

zayg

Postby purkinje » Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:12 pm

I'm trying to write an article for the Northeastern fashion magazine about the history of tie dye in fashion (probably a little more focused on menswear bc know more about it) and I don't really know where to start; I'll probably talk about Japanese Shibori and Indian Bandhani techniques and then about how tie dye developed in America in the 60s through hippies/sexual revolution/etc. but from there I really don't know anything up until Craig Green, Isabel Marant, etc. Any articles or runway shows that come to mind would be much appreciated!

a disaster is a terrible thing to waste
purkinje

Postby pei » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:57 pm

i just spent 1000+ dollars on copping stuff from edwina hoerl and my beautiful landlet's a/w 2014 collections
and another 1000+ on a few second hand rick owens pieces from ebay

what has become of my life
i still need to buy materials and stuff for school

:0)
pei

Postby pei » Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:07 pm

i'm fuckin broke right now how about we try to save up together for the kyung-pei foundation for ~*~*~*~Exorbitant Couture~*~*~*~*~

also i just spent all of the money i earned from doing commissions over the past few years and i fucking blew it

:0)
pei

Postby stappard_ » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:23 pm

Desert Island Discs episodes featuring 'fashion people'

stappard_

Postby BobbyZamora » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:49 pm

sometimes it gets very strenuous wearing clothes you like, that you know most people are going to hate

B)
BobbyZamora

Postby tomsfood » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:53 pm

just talked my friend (who is not *into fashion* per se) out of buying APC x Kanye jeans due to his adoration for kanye, whew close call

got him to spend the money on black unbrandeds and black timbs instead

tomsfood
Look Arena Champion

Postby mc-lunar » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:29 pm

idk i feel like someone who is really into kanye might be the perfect audience for those jeans

black timbs are dope but if he buys unbranded all he'll think is "boy these pockets are tiny, why did i ever listen to tomsfood, he dresses weird anyways"

mc-lunar

Postby ramseames » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:39 am

If he has the body type for those jeans, they're fucking great jeans.

ramseames

Postby Yoder » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:33 am

My unbrandeds would be perfect if the rise wasn't so short and the pockets didn't suck so much, end up wearing JB jeans over them 90% of the time at this point.

Yoder

Postby camping jazz » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:15 am

rewatching lost in translation for the nth time and somehow just noticed hiroshi fujiwara in it. any other ocol cameos i'm missing?

camping jazz

Postby maj » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:25 am

Every interview I read with Jean touitou makes me dislike him more and more. Like most designer interviews have something to read or interesting even if you don't like them, but everyone of his is dull as fuck.

http://m.hypebeast.com/2014/11/jean-tou ... vilization

maj

Postby zayg » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:18 pm

zayg

Postby ramseames » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:59 pm

Touitou still a visionary regardless of how many shit interviews he gives to publications he clearly doesn't give af about.

ramseames

Postby IsaiahSchafer » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:07 am

Don't know where else to put this- but working as 'product expert' for American Apparel can sift a threw big jerks out of the woodwork. I had a conversation with this guy named Hank who wanted a return on his 2 year old hoodie that he'd worn so much that the zipper broke. Then he started making vague threats that he did big wholesale business with AA but would stop if I didn't get him a replacement for his sweatshirt.

I know lots of CS are trained to bend over backwards, but I'm a contractor and my sales are way good, so I don't let people bully me and I had tried multiple times to be nice. I told him that he was welcome to try and find a MIUSA brand that accepted returns on his 2 year old hoodie and that he'd be a lucky man when he did. (I wasn't about to mention LL Bean or brands with ridiculous returns like that- different tier of brand)

This was his review. What a baby.

"I used to buy a lot of American Apparel for my self and I used to use them for our shirts at the business I run (1000-1500/yr). But I'm done. Thanks." He rated me 0 out of 10. Jerk.

IsaiahSchafer

Postby Stingray Sam » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:01 am

The hoodie is worth what? maybe $20, I mean I'm just saying...

Stingray Sam

Re: ramdom fashion sportswear capes

Postby rublev » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:05 pm

lol, camper x gosha collab for this winter?

more

rublev
Political Editor

Postby can- » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:12 pm

wear with supreme x everlast

can-

Postby soundclip989 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:53 pm

White cargos and that silver AWang coat

soundclip989

Postby rublev » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:28 pm

where to cop white cargos?????

edit, OL splash has some ('resin coated')

oh there's a parka in the same material too

rublev
Political Editor

Postby can- » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:25 pm

damn those r nice. I wish they made white bdu's but I was also worried id look like a PLUR

can-

Postby jrisk » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:20 pm

cabourn (prepare to be underwhelmed)

jrisk

Postby harmsalmon » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:33 pm

opinions: has the popularity/trendiness of bombers (just as an example) given them any less "fashun" merit?

I for one honestly know that, toying with the idea of getting one, I've had more difficulty figuring out what it would go with stylistically than several other styles of outerwear. I'm not entirely sure if it's because they're a pretty basic, general piece or if it's because I see them out of a fashion-centric context a lot more often than, say, a worker's jacket (probably a bit of both, but more the latter?).

harmsalmon

Postby Yoder » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:36 am

I feel like a harrington would work better for you than a bomber in a similar context of jacket style, though possibly a bit too british I guess.

Yoder

Postby harmsalmon » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:41 am

edit button is gone so just clarifying that I meant that as more of a general idea discussion prompt, not necessarily an actual should I/shouldn't I buy :^)

harmsalmon

Postby UnwashedMolasses » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:16 pm

xibalba is pioneering the relaunch and becoming exclusive retailer of Coogi - deffo excited for this.

UnwashedMolasses

Postby ballast » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:38 pm

these new gap ads, directed by sofia coppola & w+k. my favorites

more here http://www.adweek.com/adfreak/gap-made- ... ood-161231

ballast

Postby jrisk » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:25 pm

actually i think these are the sofia coppola directed ones:

[youtube]?v=2FYmXqyI33g[/youtube]

[youtube]?v=B37otfo6Nm0[/youtube]

[youtube]?v=0ZKgQdvJFNQ[/youtube]

[youtube]?v=_1uS-51cbck[/youtube]

i'm liking this whole gap dress normal thing.

jrisk

PreviousNext

Return to Tags