[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - stupid dumb idiot fashion

stupid dumb idiot fashion

Clothes

stupid dumb idiot fashion

Postby JonjoShelvey » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:59 am

this is a thread about goofy dumb stupid silly dumb fashion. often incorporating comically oversized or undersized clothes, ugly/weird patterns and colors, not traditionally 'fashionable' clothing items, and other dumb shit. post pics and discuss all of the above

Image he's wearing nurses clogs

JonjoShelvey

Re: stupid dumb idiot fashion

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:50 am

I had a feeling I'd be one of the examples.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby charybdis » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:02 am

What the fuck is with these purposefully antagonistic posts?

my mother is a kenzo fish sweater
charybdis

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:58 am

I don't know if this is serious or not, but for my part it doesn't bother me one bit. Although if it was serious I'd think it'd be better being called 'odd/weird fashion' rather than "stupid dumb idiot fashion".

In case it is serious:

"often incorporating comically oversized or undersized clothes" - Various designers use this ploy to play with silhouettes. Personally, I like this look, because it's a reaction to tailored fits which I'm tired of. Plus I really like gigantism in art and the grunge aesthetic.

"ugly/weird patterns and colors" - I haven't come across an ugly or weird colour, apart from possibly luminous ones? Not sure what you mean here. Ditto for patterns. Clashing colours and patterns might be what you mean and I accept that it can be an eyesore, but I really like that! Whenever I see something like that I often remember something my dad told me; green and red clothing clash, apparently, but it looks totally natural on an apple.

"not traditionally 'fashionable' clothing items" - I'm not sure which tradition you're talking about. Assuming you're talking the Western world there is little tradition, as fashion is trend-led and seasonal. I agree that these people don't look traditionally anything.

"and other dumb shit" - Hey, man, I know you'll probably come back to see your handiwork and how I reply. Also, based on my experience you're probably someone from either here or mf who wanted to say this stuff without revealing who you really are. It's kind of cowardly, but I understand that you probably feel like you're the only sane person in an asylum when you see people dressing different. Don't let it get to you, and you don't need to be the one to tell me I look 'dumb', I promise you I get it in the real world too and it doesn't bother me there either.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Return to Tags