[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - I don't know what I want (Buyer's guide)

I don't know what I want (Buyer's guide)

Clothes

Re: I don't know what I want (Buyer's guide)

Postby thephfactor » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:13 pm

Need a bag. Could use recommendations on brands.

Needs to not have leather. Not thinking tech, thinking more of a clean, minimal look. I'm also undecided/not caring about type: would have to carry 13" laptop, school notebooks, and lunch.

All in all I want something basic and unobtrusive. Just need to improve on

thephfactor

Postby maj » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:20 pm

c6 may be what you're after, seen them irl and the guy raves on it, also collabs with christopher raeburn

http://c6life.com/collections/all/bags/

maj

Postby Chimpskibot » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:50 pm

Getting money is easy...Keeping it is the hard part
Chimpskibot

Postby meatjacket » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:11 pm

kinda like the idea of an EG andover in tan for summer. I wanna try a blazer and shorts and wallabees and stuff. Feel like it would go with with my current dana pieces and a few pieces i have coming up.

anyone who can comment on them?

meatjacket

Postby nick » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:44 pm

Andovers are fully lined and a bit more of a traditional blazer.

A Bedford might be more up your alley

nick
Eminent Eminem

Postby stappard_ » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:02 pm

I have a Bedford in tan - same one they're selling this season I believe - and its a great summer blazer. and airport jacket.

stappard_

Postby yoyobeat » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:09 am

Seeking **non-slim-fit** pants in tech fabrics, 34"+ inseam, not too low-rise, that is not Acronym and not Maharishi. Looking for something minimal in a navy or dark gray pant, maybe even black, that I can wear frequently (every other day+). Straight fit or slightly baggy are both fine.

I ordered the wintery version of Outlier's climbers earlier this winter and they were basically what I was looking for fabric wise except the fit was too slim and the rise too short. I returned them because they were too leg-hugging for my tastes, even with the waist sized 1-2 sizes up... I have somewhat big thighs/calves and would prefer pants that fall in a straight line rather than outline my legs.

yoyobeat

Postby popcorn » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:40 am

Summer shirt recommendations?

popcorn

Postby deadkitty » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:43 am

Last edited by deadkitty on Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
deadkitty

Postby hig » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:34 am

looking for some cool sandals for the summer. nothing too expensive; been checking out slides and rope sandals. any other recs? will probably pick up a pair of slides to have along with the birks i have already. what else should i look at?

hig

Postby fun_yunchables » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:44 pm

coolest lame guy u'll ever meet
fun_yunchables

Postby Fatiloquent » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:06 am

I'm looking for some good black flat front slacks. Any recs?

Fatiloquent

Postby mknro » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:44 pm

Looking for a backpack. Matt black, eastpak like material and shape(maybe slightly boxier), but softer looking and no logo preferably. Any ideas regardless of price are welcome. Like it to fit a 15 inch laptop.

mknro

Postby une_impasse » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:29 pm

Who makes good shorts?! I don't think I've ever worn shorts during the summer but would like to change that. I'm interested in basic navy and black for efficiency's sake, Uniqlo seems to be good but apparently the fabric isn't ideal. I'd obviously want them to be on the slimmer side but still have some weight to them. Any thoughts?

une_impasse

Postby maj » Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:48 pm

throw back to the opportunity cost days,

new cop model released to help you on those yes or no's, what to get first or is this viable for me to buy, plug your data in and if you score a or more cop away!

EXTREMELY scientific

my personal rule is anything over a 7.

maj

Postby uniacto » Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:31 am

maj am i doing this right

uniacto

Postby Vaeltaja » Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:07 am

Need some care-help. Not necessarily in order of need

1) Sandals, black leather, preferably some sort of stitched construction. I have seen some interesting Birkenstock makes, but eh, not a huge fan in general. I almost want those white leather Devoa ones but 210+ shipping is pretty hard to swallow.

2) Light outerwear to go with flow-y shorts. Not a standard hoodie. Maybe a terry/woven cardigan with pockets? Pockets are a must. I like my keys too much.

3) New glasses/sunglasses. Vaguely in love with these: Image but apparently they don't come out til July or something (Julius fw15)

4) Button shirt. I have a white outlier bd i wear with suits or when tucking necessitates. Either I can go for a "real" button shirt (not clashing formalities) i.e. Kamakura or I can go with fashion untuckable i.e. vlaada chvatil.

Wanna redneck? I'll do him an egg. NO SYMPY!
<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
Vaeltaja

Postby absurdmind » Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:19 pm

oh god care-tags what am i doing? i bought this barneys leather jacket in the heat of the moment about 1 minute ago because it was on sale. did i do the right thing? Image Image

i can probably cancel soon if i hear that theyre asbolute shit quality. i ordered a size L as im chest size ~40" and thats 40-42. should i have downsized to a med for leather?
i could also have gotten this instead, im not a huge fan of the overly small lapel and shoulder quilting but if someone wants to weigh in on this one im fairly uncertain of myself right now

absurdmind

Postby IsaiahSchafer » Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:01 pm

I've never bought Barney's Brand, but I was in the SF Barney's a few days ago and just milling around touching everything, the jackets by Barney's were so nice feeling. solid and comfy and what-not. That's not a lot to go off of, but hey it looks cool.

Unrelated: any rec's on super comfy shoes for walking around in?

IsaiahSchafer

Postby odradek » Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:31 pm

in my experience, barney's stuff is nice but also about 3x overpriced. this mostly goes for shoes, i'd say shirting is probably 1.5x too much. jackets, can't say, but if you're getting it on sale and you like it, it ain't a big deal.

odradek

Postby Prince of Scandinavia » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:00 am

I really really want a velvet/velour crew neck like the haider ackermann one Kanye has been wearing recently. The color is totally black but a bit blueish and the collar looks great.
Anyone know w2c one alike that doesn't cost $700?

Prince of Scandinavia

Postby pirxthepilot » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:39 am

thoughts on this acne studios 'charlie' coat pls? it's overpriced (£800) and also just stupid to buy a coat in march right? nice drape tho :-/

Last edited by pirxthepilot on Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
pirxthepilot

Postby g.oos » Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:00 am

could anyone recommend me a bag similar to this one from ccp? (ccp stingray bag, sold out). preferably in white and <$100

g.oos

Postby g.oos » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:45 am

you've probably already seen it but american apparel has one for the low which is pretty cool

g.oos

Postby CMYK » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:26 pm

Looking for:
Light/Stonewash Denim. Slim leg opening (7.5ish), but with a heavy taper to accommodate my freakish running thighs. Hopefully in the 100$ range.

CMYK

Postby Prince of Scandinavia » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:42 am

Biker jeans that ain't balmain. I've been thinking of a pair of represent clothing biker jeans, but can't seem to find any other than cheap knock offs from ebay.

Prince of Scandinavia

Postby uniacto » Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:50 am

EG Andover Jacket for $144

don't know what i'd wear it with, i probably just want it because it's EG if i'm being real with myself.

i read the top of this page lol

uniacto

Postby nick » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:44 am

Keep in mind that jacket is fully lined and quilted.

From what I can tell you're a younger guy - any of the vented jackets (Lansdowne, Andover, Baker, etc) will probably not get nearly as much wear as the Bedford - the vents seriously make a big difference in 'formality' of the outfit.

I spend WAY too much time (okay, well I check every day for new updates) on Rakuten/Y!JP looking for EG stuff, so if you give an idea of what you want + your size I can PM you suggestions as they come in. (smiling)

nick
Eminent Eminem

Postby WikiZuHeltzer » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:04 pm

EDIT: went with 2

or

Also how does Carhart size? I'm a 38" chest/M. From what I've read it runs large?

Last edited by WikiZuHeltzer on Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WikiZuHeltzer

Postby maj » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:11 pm

2 is defo more I like to wear camo inspired things, has a better whimsical charm or comical pattern to it compared to one where it's very much I want to wear camo. I'd go with your gut feeling

maj

PreviousNext

Return to Tags