[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - We don't run on this high street; we run this high street

We don't run on this high street; we run this high street

Clothes

Re: We don't run on this high street; we run this high stree

Postby finolino » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:34 pm

walked into notre on a whim the other day and found out that 1. robert geller dip dyes feel as bad as they look (literally felt like sandpaper, go figure) and 2. our legacy ss15 is actually really nice. the fabrics used feel great, and the slightly wider cuts (with a noticeable drop in the shoulder i don't see often) are great as well. if you, like me, are broad-shouldered to the point where shirts from brands like gitman, lvc, and stone island are uncomfortable to wear forcing you to either size up to a fit you're not happy with or spend the day with your arms flat at your sides, i'd suggest copping or if you ever get the chance.

finolino

Postby can- » Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:15 pm

Dries SS14

Uniqlo

(also... if anyone ever sees that dries pullover in 52/54 plz tell me)

can-

Postby quad » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:05 am

both gap. really diggin them. will be picking up one or the other/both (smiling)

quad

Postby rublev » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:31 am

new women's stuff from COS

new men's stuff from COS

lmao

rublev
Political Editor

Postby bels » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:00 am

These coasters are cool and so is the concrete pillow key rest.

#60 tho bun dat

bels
Yung Winona

Postby maj » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:12 am

Wife got this funky sweater from cos, it's like a knitted vest body but the buttons are on the back, crepe sleeves stitched at the shoulder to look like they're pulling finished off with a button cuff. Looks like margiela or the like, very snazzy. I'm off to browse the micro collard shirts and 64 bomber jackets.

maj

Postby bels » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:54 am

Maybe COS is for fashion conscious men who want to dress their designer averse partners?

bels
Yung Winona

Postby needlethatsings » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:01 pm

Gap coming in strong w/ this floral print blazer

needlethatsings

Postby bels » Fri May 01, 2015 4:18 am

Just when you thought the menswear fashion retail landscape could not possibly become any bleaker... A collab between two behemoths of mediocrity... launching on the seventh of May.....

COS

X

MR PORTER

bels
Yung Winona

Postby bels » Mon May 11, 2015 6:48 am

bels
Yung Winona

Postby kyung » Tue May 12, 2015 1:33 pm

f/w2015

KIMCHI SLAP

_( :⁍ 」 )_
kyung

Postby BIGBEE » Fri May 22, 2015 12:30 am

cool striped anorak that I did not end up buying, I'd size up one
http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.d ... =438296002

BIGBEE

Postby pirxthepilot » Sat May 23, 2015 10:10 am

nice summer basics at muji labo: unstructured linen blazers, cardigans etc. lots of deep olives and warm charcoal greys if you like that kind of thing. got these super-lightweight poplin trousers (i'm starting to agree with tom ford's dictum that shorts should be reserved for the beach)

pirxthepilot

Postby j3ssicarhh » Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:12 pm

Bought a new coat from cos the other day as my old one was looking a bit meh; v excited to wear it but obviously its not cold enough yet (seriously, when is winter coming?). its also v different from what i usually go for as its quite long and long coats tend to make me look shorter but, after 2 hours of debating i decided to go for it.

also bought this cool jumper (featured in the pic). had been looking at it for a while' the texture attracted me and i had been looking for a jumper that was a similar colour to this for ages.

j3ssicarhh

Postby bels » Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:34 am

Get John to kneel when he takes your waywt photos. Can see his looming perspective.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby bels » Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:01 pm

INTERIOR, A CLASSROOM IN A BOYS GRAMMAR SCHOOL. THE PUPILS ARE BOISTEROUS AND NOISY.

[MR BARTOK ENTERS]

MR BARTOK: Alright! ALRIGHT. THAT'S ENOUGH OF THAT. SETTLE DOWN GENTLEMEN. I FULLY recommend you ALL open your textbooks to page fourty ONE which you will notice is titled COS Menswear autumn winter fifteen.

[CLASS HUBBUB SUBSIDES, PUPILS BEGIN SEARCHING THROUGH TEXTBOOKS. SIMON "STAP HARD" STAPPARD RAISES HIS HAND]

MR BARTOK: Yes Simon?

SIMON "STAP HARD" STAPPARD: Aww we've done this one before sir! It's all bomber jackets and what! We already know it sir!

[HUBBUB OF THE CLASS INCREASES]

MR BARTOK: SILENCE.

[CLASS BECOMES SILENT]

MR BARTOK: In an unPRECEDENTED turn of events Mr Stappard is CORRECT. If you will cast your memories back to last autumn winter we DID cover MANY of the items on show here. HOWEVER today we are going to be taking a look at a FEW NEW and perhaps KEY PIECES this term. So if you would all be so kind as to take a casual glance at figure 23a "lightweight cotton suit":

http://www.cosstores.com/gb/Men/Tailori ... .1#c-22755

MR BARTOK: A CASUAL suit in what appears to be an LIGHTWEIGHT cotton. Notice however that whilst the trousers are machine washable the BLAZER has been LINED and is thus DRY CLEAN ONLY. Surely a wasted opportunity if ever there was one but perhaps this lining will have allowed them to add some structure to the shoulders to reduce the amount of people who say I'm slouching. A criticism I seem DOOMED to endure. Yes, Mr Syeknom.

JORDAN "MONKEY BUSINESS" SYEKNOM: Why are the lapels so weedy sir?

MR BARTOK: One can only ASSUME that Mr SYEKNOM hails from a land of OBJECTIVE FASHION where BIGGER is always BETTER. If only he'd applied this fitness criteria to his HOMEWORK last week which sadly FELL SHORT of the requisite WORD COUNT. Was there anything ELSE Mr Syeknom?

JORDAN "MONKEY BUSINESS" SYEKNOM: What's the point sir. It's proper futile. Can get Schneider for this much in the Twerper sales.

MR BARTOK: I dare say one CAN MR SYEKNOM but as High Street Studies is a MANDATORY MODULE in this school I'm AFRAID that I will have to CONTINUE to subject you to artefacts such as figure 23b colarless wool coat:

Image http://www.cosstores.com/gb/Men/Coats_J ... .1#c-22755

MR BARTOK: Note the MATCHING TROUSERS we'll get onto that LATER. Also note the FASTENING SYSTEM appears to be MAGNETIC perhaps and the SCRUNCHED UP JUMPER (http://www.cosstores.com/gb/Men/Knitwea ... .1#c-85350) is MACHINE WASHABLE and only fifty quid. Mr HECKAWHEEL is your hand up or are you stretching?

HARRY "INTERN" HECKAWHEEL: No my hand is up sir. I wanted to say it looks like a Peir Wu ripoff.

MR BARTOK: I dare say that's THE POINT Mr Heckawheel, no?

HARRY "INTERN" HECKAWHEEL: Um maybe sir?

MR BARTOK: maybe INDEED. If you'll ALLOW me to move on to figure 23c colarless wool BLAZER and LOOSE FIT TROUSERS

MR BARTOK: Although not being SOLD as even STYLED as a suit, it seems quite clear that they are INTENDED to FEATURE as one. We are FURNISHEd with a close UP shot of the fastenings on the BLAZER product page. I'm still unclear EXACTLY how such a design might function as I've never used one before. Mr HECKAWHEEL, are you INJURED?

HARRY "INTERN" HECKAWHEEL: No sir I had my hand up again. I was wondering if someone should tell Peir Wu that her designs, styling and even her model poses for the trousers are being knocked off at a fraction of the price she charges.

JORDAN "MONKEY BUSINESS" SYEKNOM: Lapels are really small on that one. Non existant even. Pretty pointless sir.

[BELL STARTS TO RING CLASS IMMEDIATELY BEGINS TO BECOME ROWDY]

MR BARTOK: OK for your HOMEWORK I want you to EITHER write about the differences between all of the AW bomber jackets OR try to find me the ONE product shot on the COS website where a merino wool roll neck isn't being tucked in

[EXIT CLASS, MR BARTOK

bels
Yung Winona

Postby pirxthepilot » Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:09 pm

true story, i (very gently) upbraided a woman at my gym who i know is a COS buyer about the peir rip off, she had no idea what i was talking about and has studiously ignored me ever since

pirxthepilot

Postby bels » Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:35 pm

Hold on, a buyer? Are you saying that COS doesn't have their own in house team, or do I not understand what a buyer is?

bels
Yung Winona

Postby pirxthepilot » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:53 am

yes that puzzled me, but the first time we chatted she def said she worked there as a buyer. guess i'll never know now

pirxthepilot

Postby bels » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:58 am

I was told that some of these brands have a central design team, and then each region or store is responsible for their own buys, so maybe that's what she meant.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby bels » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:28 am

bels
Yung Winona

Postby bels » Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:44 am

Unrelated news, but both TK maxxes i scoped recently had a couple of Emmett and Turnbull and Asser shirts down at about #40. Was reasonable sizes, reasonable fabrics. Could be a barg for people who have to wear shirts with ties and probably carry laptops around.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby windowflowers » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:06 pm

qlo has been exceptionally hot this season. so much cool junk rn

sick ripstop pants with fleece lining and one of those built in belt things

neat patagonia looking fleece

down shirt

tons of great flannel patterns too

even the sweaters and stuff they always have come in really nice colors this season

and these are just too fucking good

windowflowers

Postby lyysander » Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:53 pm

Does anyone else have trouble with Zara's sizing? I bought a size large "relaxed fit" t-shirt from them that fits just about like a Hanes size small. Is this a normal problem? Should I always size up that much?

lyysander

Postby Cowboy » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:10 pm

Cowboy

Postby DeafIdiotGod » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:35 am

Big fan of the ladies hooded mac from the Qlo x Lemaire collection, I would just cop the men's equivalent but it doesn't come in off white (god knows why, it's the best colour). Anyone know how I could size with it if I'm usually a men's S in Uniqlo outerwear?

I mean damn

DeafIdiotGod

Postby bels » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:25 am

guys can we try and keep all posts in this thread in the pseudo script format?

thanks.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Cowboy » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:44 am

Can we post and then have you transcribe it for us in script format of your choosing (characters and such)

Cowboy

Postby bels » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:05 am

[BELA enters the room]

BELA: No.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Stefan » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:13 am

Sort of want to try those new H&M overcoats on. They look like a blatant rip-off of the Sandro Apollo coat I just got but obviously with lesser materials. The H&M ones are made of wool, polyester, viscose and acrylic whilst the Sandro ones are made of a virgin wool and I think cashmere.

Links:
http://www.hm.com/nl/product/30582?article=30582-A

http://us.sandro-paris.com/en/mens/fall ... 13#start=1

Stefan

PreviousNext

Return to Tags