[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Don't knock 'them! Boots Thread

Don't knock 'them! Boots Thread

Clothes

Don't knock 'them! Boots Thread

Postby IsaiahSchafer » Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:35 pm

Took me like 10-15 minutes to come up with that title. Post boots here. If you're posting boots you own, it's always helpful to include some sizing information and a short review of comfort, materials, etc

IsaiahSchafer

Re: Don't knock 'them! Boots Thread

Postby meatjacket » Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:40 pm

bought some red wing moc toes for a friend of mine who is the same size as me. I'm normally a 9 and i'm an 8 in RW Postmans and 8.5 in Moc Toe. Always best to try on in person if you can!

Somehow i don't own any boots, but i'd love to own some wallabee boots, RM William suede chelseas, and alden 403s

meatjacket

Postby mc-lunar » Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:18 pm

these are the boots that i wear regularly!

first off: danner x w+h mountain light boots. 1 piece horween cxl upper, vibram sole, goretex lining. Came with a weird "airthotic half-length insole" but I can fit my own half-length insole on top of it so I'm not really sure if i should be leaving it in or not. I'm a brannock 11B, sized down to 9.5 for a comfy fit and probably could have gone down to 9 tbh. flat waxed laces look GREAT with the hiking boot lacing style.

next are visvim kangaroo leather virgils. absolutely love these although the leather is getting a bit dry and i feel as if i should be doing something to combat that. Incredibly tough leather though, vibram sole etc etc. heel stabilizer is there although i can't say I've ever felt better in these than another pair of boots. If you dont care about that, viberg scout boots are a good alternative imo. speedhook placement is a little weird and combined with the stock laces, came undone frequently. size 11, fits well.

ok now we have 10sei0otto reverse-calf laceups. I really love reverse leather in general and these are no exception, although the toebox is a bit longer than I need. Laces are stupid long (damn you goth ninjas for making me swap out the laces). Size 43 iirc. Very comfortable, I highly recommend 10sei0otto footwear as a bizarrely cheaper alternative to the stuff that makes more regular appearances in the SF swd baller boots thread.

Lastly my goretex lined bean boots. Originally ordered as the plain model 1 year ago, they upgraded me for free (that's like $80 difference iirc!) because this was at the beginning of the backorder issues and i dont think they foresaw what the future held. These are my "oh shit, the weather is actually bad" boots. my style is drifting away from these somewhat but theyre still GOAT. Sized down to 10 on these and they fit perfectly.

mc-lunar

Postby BobbyZamora » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:09 pm

i've owned a lot of boots, but so far the only ones i've really fell in love with are my redwing 8165's.

I bought them on a whim one day after seeing them on grailed for a cheap price. I've always liked this kind of black boot with a chunky white sole, and I figured I couldn't afford Virgils or anything so I'd settle for these. In reality I wasn't settling at all, these boots are fucking great and I think that for my style personally I actually prefer them over the alternatives (visvim, sophnet, vibergs and whoever else makes this type of shoe)

As I mentioned elsewhere, the leather on them is kind of atypical. If I had to describe it, it's inbetween a full-grain and a corrected grain. According to redwing CS they dip this type of "Chrome" (not chromexcel) leather in a vat of dye for like 24 hours. It's not going to age delicately like most leather boots, this leather is going to end up scuffed and raw like the ones in this picture:

which I personally think is awesome.

Other than that, I seem to be on a never ending quest for the perfect slim black boot. I really like the Common Projects Officer boots that I own (The leather is easily the best I've ever handled), but the sizing is weird- I sized down to a 40, which is supposed to be a 7, but they're still at least a whole size too big for me. My brannock is 8. I've always been a big fan of Buttero's offerings, but can't seem to find their black lace-ups anywhere except Rakuten any more, and I don't really want to take a risk on fucking up the sizing on $500 boots and being unable to return them...

...speaking of which, I also own a pair of Dayton Service Boots but I wouldn't recommend them (At least not if you're going to pay MSRP, and are buying from Dayton themselves), based on my personal experience with the company. Bad customer service, 9 month wait, boots are not a great fit for my feet despite being a custom-order with foot-tracings and everything. Pretty sure they sized based on my left foot which is smaller, while ignoring my right foot, because my right foot hurts a lot whenever I wear them. The company refused to do an exchange/refund/rebuild despite this (Unless I paid $100 for the boots to be resoled so they could resell. Even though I had worn them for less than 6 hours total when I requested a refund). The leather on them is great and they're not going to fall apart any time though, so I guess there's that.

B)
BobbyZamora

Postby BobbyZamora » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:39 am

they're a bit higher quality than redwings, at a much worse pricepoint, with much worse CS. definitely gonna sell them. i'd be happier with them if they at least fit me properly or looked good on my feet but they don't, which is a shame.

B)
BobbyZamora

Postby zayg » Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:09 am

Boondocker obsessed

I currently have the WWII Impressions Boondockers and they are starting to show some wear. The raw cord soles are absolutely awesome. One day they will look as cool as the Viberg x Cabourn Roughouts

Own a pair of Iron Rangers as well which I love but now that I own the Boondockers they definitely aren't as cool. Bean Boots of course too. Used to own Black RW Moc Toes but they never fit too well, which is a shame as I love that boot design and feel it is quite versatile. Used to also have a pair of black Barneys sidezip combat boots which looked awesome, but were painfully small and mediocre quality. I'll eventually post pics.

I've really been looking for the perfect black boot that somehow blends workwear/punk shit and is pretty high quality. May end up just getting Beckmans or something eventually.

zayg

Postby KLF » Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:04 am

http://www.farfetch.com/shopping/men/al ... fref=lp_1_

been eyeing these lately. don't have a pair of boots since i've never really found anything i liked, but am really into these. i love the texture of the leather.

KLF

Postby mike868y » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:25 pm

wtb: xs EG navy tropical wool andover, grey wool hartford jacket, wool glen check andover, brown cord andover, b2b in brown/navy twill plaid, sz8.5 yuteken peanut suede/crepe sole loafers, size 27/28 unis gio skinny
mike868y

Postby doubleyoutaps » Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:22 am

I've been wearing the visvim brigadier boot in brown suede and I really love them. Versatile boot with great quality, although my heart sank when I saw the made in China tag. Laces are a bit longer than I'd prefer but otherwise a really good boot. I've been using a suede brush but seeing as we're heading into the deeper months of winter I would love some advice on how well suede spray works. I've sprayed them once but I've heard that you should spray them multiple times. Advice?

doubleyoutaps

Postby zayg » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:05 am

"L.L.Bean Hunting Boots transformed to hand-welted construction and equipped with #3060 Cushion Sportsman from Dr. Sole Originals. If there is something I would never do it again, this is definitely on the list. Welted construction allow these boots to be resoled easily in the future, but the drawback is these are no longer rain boots."

zayg

Postby frogosaurus » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:51 pm

Always loved the look of these White's in red dog roughout. Think they're too bold for me to ever wear though.

frogosaurus

Postby yubbermax » Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:44 pm

I got these surplus boots years ago but wrote them off as being too large. Tried them on the other day with some thick wool socks and they fit pretty nicely. They're a nice change from my docs and they're longer, esp the toe so they have nicer proportions IMO. I just swapped the laces from the thinnest ones I've ever seen to the ones pictured. There are nicks in the toes and they're all around fairly worn but I think I'll hit them with some conditioner and polish and just rock them.

Today I had the idea to remove the D rings and replace them with regular grommets but I'm not sure if I'll follow through.

yubbermax

Postby zayg » Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:22 pm

Took some pics today

zayg

Postby 3hunna » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:20 pm

really like these cdg chelseas

3hunna

Postby mellow » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:17 pm

lemaire x clark's natalie boots? looks good