[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - .

Clothes

Re: .

Postby can- » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:55 pm

is minimalism about presence or lack of presence? is there an element of blending in or disappearing?

whats the difference between minimalism and reductionism?

why are gray scale tones the current "it" color in popular minimalist fashion?

can-

Postby pk! » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:11 am

Personally I would say nothing is truly minimal unless all components are functional in some way. I suppose reductionism exists as an answer to minimalism with a priority on aesthetics, at least that's how I interpret it.

It's interesting to see how minimalism is interpreted right now, because to the very mainstream it seems to just be picking up, but I feel like a lot of the "forefront" creatives are already getting tired of it. The idea of both post-minimalist (maybe that's where reductionism fits?) and anti-minimalist is really interesting.

Pk! "Pok Gai," Cantonese phrase/insult for, "Go fall in the street."
I fell into the streets and missed the ground.
pk!

Postby IsaiahSchafer » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:14 am

Yeah well these are my thoughts on minimalism.

IsaiahSchafer

Postby teck » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:05 pm

teck

Postby teck » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:36 pm

explain.

teck

Postby ramseames » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:10 pm

I think it conflates the healthy, proportionate reaction to overzealous consumerism that a lot of people who describe themselves as wanting to be minimal in (any number of) aspects of their life have with the "digital nomad", travel the world with my laptop, my smart watch, and my slim dungarees, don't need to own pots and pans because all my food comes via postmates

Well made, "minimally designed" electronics and furniture are class signifiers but these things are secondary (and maximal alternatives would be just as out of reach to poor people anyway). Looking at what people who live in San Francisco are doing and colouring the rest of us with the same brush isn't fair and misses the point.

ramseames

Postby adiabatic » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:15 pm

“clothing for attractive rich people in their 20s to go to weddings in” — Zack Johnson on Vineyard Vines
adiabatic

Return to Tags