[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Clothes

Re: tandem fashion horsehair crepes

Postby schiaparelli » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:13 pm

hoooooooow do I become Caroline Issa when I grow up

schiaparelli

Postby mc-lunar » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:35 pm

hoooooooow do I become schiaparelli when I grow up

mc-lunar

Postby nevergreen » Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:33 pm

how do vans slip ons fit? i have pair of authentics that are tts

nevergreen

Postby kyung » Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:51 pm

my mainline slip ons are tts but some of the suede/leather slip ons from vault/ca might vary (eg vans was a full size down imo)

KIMCHI SLAP

_( :⁍ 」 )_
kyung

Postby UnwashedMolasses » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:52 pm

Bradley Martyn squatting in BWxCamper @4:40:

UnwashedMolasses

Postby CMYK » Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:59 am

Interesting bit about machine learning and fashion:

CMYK

Postby harmsalmon » Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:29 pm

every day I drift further from god and closer to buying jordan futures

harmsalmon

Postby JonjoShelvey » Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:57 pm

I swear hamsalad I'll puke every day for a month if you buy any color way other than all black

I swear

JonjoShelvey

Postby harmsalmon » Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:55 pm

I was thinking black with tha icy or white sole JohnJoe

harmsalmon

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:41 pm

i see a surprising amount of Regular White Dudes in the village with normal White Dude outfits but paired with non-qasa Y3 sneakers, it's kinda strange

saw a dude with suede ramones on the subway and they looked 1000000x better in person than in WAYWT pics – now i want them even more than i did, this city's gonna kill me

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby deadkitty » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:14 am

got a photo internship at ooga booga. pretty stoked. doing a shoot for a 69 presentation on saturday

deadkitty

Postby BobbyZamora » Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:47 am

Drank so much beer this summer that I no longer fit in to any of my pants. Oops.

B)
BobbyZamora

Postby schiaparelli » Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:16 pm

Just walked back from my drawing class. I live in a sorority house just across the street from my university campus, so it was a hurried walk to get to class and then a slower, relaxed pace back. It's quite warm today in that lazy, gentle way—not precisely hot, where the sunshine falls in soft shadows and you feel cheery just being outside.

I was wearing an outfit of some of my favorite things and I woke up this morning and my hair looked nice without having to straighten it. So it was like one of those days where you feel beautiful and cool just being yourself—walking into a delicate breeze, feeling the sun against your arms, seeing it highlight your skin. I was wearing a fairly loose, unstructured pair of linen shorts and this hemp/silk blend tee (also quite unstructured, large-ish, breezy) and it felt like the clothes I was wearing interacted perfectly with the sun and the breeze and this moment. The wind meant that my tee billowed out a bit, and the shorts meant I could feel the sun against my legs, and I felt like any other clothes in that moment would have made everything feel much less enjoyable and beautiful. My sneakers have a pretty thick rubber sole and it feels light and lively walking around, with the sole making me just a little bit taller and a little more open to walking across gravel and grass.

I'm very interested in this idea of clothing heightening your lived experience, and making the present moment a little more meaningful and wonderful. I thought about taking a picture of my fit but I don't really think that was the important thing today—it was the feeling, which I'm sitting here at my keyboard now trying to express adequately—the interaction of my body and my clothes and my motion through a sunny day, walking across the grass, running across the street.

I'm very happy that I can dress in a way that produces these moments, and that I can share these stories with you all.

schiaparelli

Postby JonjoShelvey » Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:40 pm

Drugs can make u feel that way too

JonjoShelvey

Postby oucho » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:47 pm

This is ten percent style, twenty percent pounds £££
Fifteen percent concentrated browsing of grailed
Five percent pleasure, fifty percent pain
And a hundred percent reason to get quitting the game

oucho

Postby popcorn » Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:22 pm

men should wear hightops with shorts more often

EDIT: I also appreciate hightops with high socks and short shorts

popcorn

Postby odradek » Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:19 am

onionmade sent me a personalized email telling me that their ts(s) stock was going up online. i don't like being known.

odradek

Postby smiles » Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:21 am

Anyone happen to know if Eckhaus latta or Vejas are showing at nyfw?

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby Vaeltaja » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:25 pm

I want to buy more cold-weather gear (fishtail, shearling) but I don't know if there's even a point if I'm just gonna return to California anyhow...

Wanna redneck? I'll do him an egg. NO SYMPY!
<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
Vaeltaja

Postby schiaparelli » Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:20 pm

, I think anything that allows you to participate more fully in the present moment can give that feeling of a heightened experience. I don't think any hobby has this kind of experience, but many do. Like perhaps—that moment after you've just run a mile (or two? or 26.2?) and you stop to catch a breath and you want the air more acutely than you do just breathing placidly at a desk. And maybe that breath catches in your dry mouth and starts to settle in, and then you start to hear again the breeze shifting through the trees, finally pushing through over the sound of your heart. My heart always feels like it's stuttering when I come to a stop, and then there's this sudden rush of being still again, being able to observe things in quietness, being able to look down at your hands and feet and remember the motions they were performing, just a few moments ago.

I think a lot of hobbies actually bring you away from your body—when I read I don't feel where I am in the world, I don't remember the relationship of my knees to my ankles and the stiffness of my shoulders, hunched over a book. I've escaped to an area of the mind. So whatever brings me back into a consciousness of myself, and my relation to space and the world—that's sort of what I was describing. Something that takes the feelings inside you and draws them out into an exploration of your reality.

Maybe I should run more.

schiaparelli

Postby charybdis » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:17 am

I looked in my grandma's closet and found this baggy light pink acrylic cardigan (imagine something less cool than the one owns) so I put it on and now I'm sitting here on her sofa wearing it even though it's 90 degrees.

my mother is a kenzo fish sweater
charybdis

Postby Vaeltaja » Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:01 am

From Japan just refunded me 1 yen. I am now rich.

Wanna redneck? I'll do him an egg. NO SYMPY!
<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
Vaeltaja

Postby eufemism » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:10 pm

tfw you're too much of a broke boi to buy used stone island

show me the hoe fax
eufemism

Postby shinny » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:33 pm

I thought this was interesting:

https://www.grailed.com/listings/167318 ... uter-parka
https://www.grailed.com/listings/35237- ... -wool-coat

Both are the exact same jacket, but the photos of mine have attracted much more attention even though it's more expensive :sweg:

Last edited by shinny on Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shinny

Postby ramseames » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:06 pm

it looks 100x better with the hood on, even ignoring the quality of the photography

this is why i always include stock images/use them as the first pic though

ramseames

Postby venilla » Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:52 pm

saw my first pair of ramones in person at a milktea shop today by an old dude that works for apple

venilla

Re: random fashion thoughts

Postby twins » Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:06 pm

whenever i wear fits that i don't think other people will like/think are cool they always seem to get the best reception (from irl people)

sstn // fmm
twins

Postby weqe » Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:13 pm

working in a shoe store kinda makes me hate shoes a little

[{[*#~&< /BLEH |BLEH| BLEH\ >&~#*]}]
weqe

Postby mc-lunar » Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:42 pm

archive raf simons, or "size 48 pants can have a 14 inch waist, right?"

ಠ益ಠ

mc-lunar

Postby une_impasse » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:25 pm

when care-tags was gone i moved up in the world of fashion so i wonder if i should stay away because i love you all so much!?

une_impasse

PreviousNext

Return to Tags