[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - We don't run on this high street; we run this high street

We don't run on this high street; we run this high street

Clothes

Re: We don't run on this high street; we run this high stree

Postby DeafIdiotGod » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:31 pm

Ten minutes after Qlemaire drops and already two items I wanted are sold out in any of my possible sizes (no olive shawl blazer for me qq). Had to go scattergun between XS and S for everything else and now I've got some mad expensive order on the way, one of these pieces better be good.

Site is going all basic html on me as well, c'mon

DeafIdiotGod

Postby Francks » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:32 pm

Find the items to run pretty small
At least the one I checked

Convergentalternatives.tumblr.com
Francks

Postby khayandhi » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:43 pm

sold out of pretty much anything worth buying in women's within about 5 minutes smh, didn't get anything. hoping all the pieces suck so I can be smug about it tbh

khayandhi

Postby khayandhi » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:51 pm

@DeafIdiotGod yeah good call, the mac's proper in stock in uk. I'm on a coat buying ban tho because otherwise things get ugly and you can't move in my flat for coats

what I really want is the sweater/scarf thing, hoping that restocks some time

khayandhi

Postby bels » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:55 am

Oh no I forgot

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Suquida » Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:07 am

Woo I got the dark green shawl blazer, promised myself only one thing though or I would've also gotten that cream mock neck ;_;

Suquida

Postby lotion » Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:48 am

got a mens no collar shirt and may go back for more
does anyone else associate no collar with UK musicians/djs

Last edited by lotion on Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
lotion

Postby stappard_ » Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:19 am

i too purchased clothes

stappard_

Postby bueno » Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:48 am

Went to one of the qlo's in paris because i wanted to try for sizing but the queue was crazy so just ordered a few things online. Seemed like the French online store doesn't sell out nearly as quickly as UK one so might be worth trying if you're in uk and want something that's gone.

bueno

Postby khayandhi » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:05 am

yup, there's already a whole bunch of qlomaire listings on ebay. what a time to be alive

khayandhi

Postby maj » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:54 am

Please talk to a twombly garms representative if this is your first time experiencing rapid sell outs and you dream clothes out for double mark ups on eBay.

Our experienced members will console you during this time

maj

Postby Francks » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:19 am

The most annoying thing is that ebay search for the actual brand will be spoiled by these uniqlo results.

Convergentalternatives.tumblr.com
Francks

Postby bels » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:32 am

Did you ever get any lemaire on ebay though? I never ever saw any.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby pirxthepilot » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:07 am

its all meh (mens that is, womens looked a bit nicer),outerwear quality is pretty awful, flat front pants only thing ill keep

pirxthepilot

Postby bels » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:22 am

I bet I'd have looked good in that green shawl collar blaz.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby pirxthepilot » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:27 am

stappard, didn't handle that one but of the three outerwear pieces i did try the fabrics were uniformly bad, thin and scratchy. worse than i'd expect a standard uniqlo piece to be. knits were ok. flat front trous recommended.

pirxthepilot

Postby bels » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:39 am

I hope your new house has better lighting pirx.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby bels » Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:33 pm

bels
Yung Winona

Postby bels » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:13 am

The new labo is all mij but it doesn't have as many labo pockets.

The unlined corduroy jacket is really nice. The long sleeve t shorts cost 60 pounds (?)

Best buy seems to be the white shirts which are seventy for a nice howellian fit + collar (non bd)

They didn't really fit me though (s too tight, m too long in the body)

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Julio » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:39 am

re:
uniqlemaire

checked out today. didn't find any of the flat front/wool trousers, but that may have been because i wasn't looking hard enough. tried on three instances of outerwear; all fit me absolutely wrong. pity. was looking forward to either shirt jacket or the button front no collar sweatshirt thing. sleeves (way) too short and very boxy overall at L. considering how the stuff isn't moving here i'll probably be able to wait until either goes on sale and then maybe i'll consider.
didn't bother trying on shirting; fabric was absolutely underwhelming and looked like cheap corporate wear or something. i can't get behind very fine, slight-sheen broadcloth type fabrics tbh.
otherwise i tried on the sweats as i was intrigued by the presence of hem zips and the back pocket is zipped so instantly they win?
overall not bad looking at all, good taper and controlled stack etc etc etc. still find my uu sweats from the last season to be superior so i didn't bother buying. might consider if they hit sale but i didn't really like the way the topblock was built so *shrug*

Julio

Postby DeafIdiotGod » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:40 pm

Nobody's posted about the Qlistophe wool coat yet.

Probably the only piece from my order that I'll keep. Nice fabric and drape and the generous cut and the shawl lapels give it a cool slouchy dressing-gown feel. The outside pockets are neatly tucked into the side seams and there's a little hidden button in line with the lapel hole for further fastening when you're popping the collar. Incidentally,

collar poppability: gr8

Added better photos:

Other cops included the women's rain coat which is cut like a tent and the men's rain coat which is kind of cool but the hood looks lame and the shoulder fit is a tad narrow on me. I actually noticed a pretty large gap in quality between the men's and women's stuff. The women's "water-repellent" material felt cheap and didn't look like it would even cause beading. As well as that, even the men's packaging was higher quality, they had foam sheets while the women's only had really thin paper. What's up with that?

DeafIdiotGod

Postby mellownyellow » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:47 am

mellownyellow

Postby Julio » Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:05 pm

^i just really want the hakama from that collection tbh. hearing that the chances of local h&m taking stock are little to none though. ;_;

dyou mean you ordered one from the artisan? haha

Julio

Postby BIGBEE » Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:09 pm

Yeh a year ago i wanted that sandro baseball jersey, but the artisan one was cheaper. I probably still have it somewhere

BIGBEE

Postby MxmHrpr » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:44 pm

Qlemaire update:

- Cashmere is like butter, but ultimately too thin.
- Shirts would be great if in a different fabric, cheap corporate wear nails it.
- Mac had so much potential, detachable down lining is the shit, though Lemaire fucked it up with too many odd features. Weirdly added a fishtail & drawstring rather than a slit at the back, has those sleeves within sleeves you get on ski jackets and the hood is really poor. Thought it could be a cheaper Norse Thor Rain w/ lining, though disappointed. The search continues.
- Crying for +J down blazer and UU fishtail is still a nightly affair.

MxmHrpr

Postby BIGBEE » Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:57 pm

here's some (pretty bad) pictures of what I got minus the band collar shirt

hidden placket shirt. needs an ironing just got it out of the package

regular blazer

long shawl coat

I'm pretty pleased with what I got. The outerwear quality is fine if ur not used to og helmut and junya like pirx is :heck:

the blazer has a ton of pockets inside, it's the poor mans practical jacket.
long coat is nice and fulfills poor mans kaftan coat pretty well
I think the shirt fabrics are decent as well

All in all I like it and I'm probably gonna end up getting more

BIGBEE

Postby soko » Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:44 am

Been pining after a more interesting less plain topcoat and zara actually has some descent looking stuff this season

soko

Postby evilfriends » Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:36 am

That last coat you linked actually caught my interest too when I saw it instore. Felt pretty nice and I was close to buying, but I'm probably gonna end up not getting it as I already have a navy coat... :???:

evilfriends

Postby pirxthepilot » Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:55 pm

i was disappointed by the coat at first, fabric seemed a little lightweight and basic, definitely a couple of notches down from +J. started to warm to it later on but then itinerant fashion jury smiles and iliam dropped by and told me to back it, something to do with button placement relative to lapel ratio. confusingly i then got complimented by random girls in the coffee shop.
hope you find these observations helpful.

pirxthepilot

Postby Julio » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:47 am

imho never ever pay full price for zara.

Julio

PreviousNext

Return to Tags