[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Ask a question, get an answer

Ask a question, get an answer

Clothes

Re: Ask a question, get an answer

Postby ptozzi » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:30 am

Where are Uniqlo's pullover hoodies? Anyone know if they're gonna have those this year? It's already November..

ptozzi

Postby Morlin » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:18 pm

What does OL stand for

I think that it is not. Cowichan, etc., If you prefer a thick knit, how about you? It is cool there is atmosphere!
Morlin

Postby Noah » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:38 pm

Noah

Postby bird.in.flight » Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:41 am

ok so they're painting the sharehouse i live in, and i needed to do some laundry, couldn't airdry anything
put like 4 of my margaret howell shirts through the wash and now a couple of them have shrunk, not too bad but now a little too short in the arms
what can i do to fix this? or are they permanently stuffed

bird.in.flight

Postby PrimePrime » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:24 am

Our Legacy bruh.

PrimePrime

Postby SisterRayVU » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:53 am

Looking for athletic wear to run/jog in/wear to the gym when it's cold. I guess I need *running shoes* since maybe Chucks won't cut it for that and I'll prob get Gyakusou sneakers (good/bad/whatever?) just because, but I'd need joggers and some type of top or hoodie or jacket to wear over heattech and/or a longsleeve depending on the weather. Any recs?

SisterRayVU

Postby bels » Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:10 am

Uniqlo Dry Stretch bottoms, uniqlo windproof hoodie top, then go on adidas.com and try and find the coolest sneaks for $50.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby bird.in.flight » Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:40 am

bird.in.flight

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:48 am

what's sizing like on Ervell shirting (SS14 specifically, if that makes any difference)? True? Up one? Down one?

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby lyysander » Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:08 pm

Not sure where to post this so here goes.

I found these buttons in a thrift-ish store last weekend and would love to use them to replace the buttons on something otherwise kind of plain. What do you guys think they'd look best on? I was thinking like a heavyweight cardigan or something.

lyysander

Postby plaidappendix » Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:38 pm

Nicely fitting adidas track pants? Looking for something not to skinny but not obscenely wide. Also I have short legs so I guess that should be considered.

plaidappendix

Postby lyysander » Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:38 am

: Unfortunately they're too big for an ocbd (they're almost an inch in diameter). That would be rad though.

lyysander

Postby meatjacket » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:20 am

was so close to buying this f21 jacket but decided not to buy on impulse anymore (besides i have bills to pay and presents to buy)

$60 didnt seem too bad, quality was decent. Not looking to get a lifetime investment but would like some feedback. Anywhere else i can buy similar for near the same price?

(sleeves are a touch long, but that's ok. if i buy willing to deal w it or tailor)

meatjacket

Postby anshin » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:45 pm

may be a dum question but are wool pants fine to wear in warm temperatures?

ne travaillez jamais!
anshin

Postby Syeknom » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:57 pm

Depends on the wool, depends on "warm".

Suits are (usually) made of wool and are perfectly fine to wear in all but the most silly of temperatures.

Worsted wools can be thin or thick/heavy. They can be very breathable or quite dense. Flannel wools can range similarly.

In summer I happily wear lightweight/fine virgin worsteds but retire my flannel wool casual trousers and suits.

A blend of mohair or linen can help breathability.

Syeknom

Postby lyysander » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:23 pm

I bought something off grailed from a very reputable seller (something like 100 grails sold, with extremely positive reviews). He hasn't gotten back to me in a week, though. Should I be worried?

lyysander

Postby bels » Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:47 pm

IMO "fine" wools (dunno what the technical term really is for them) are fine basically anywhere cotton is. Flannel wool is fine sub 13 degrees if I stand very still and am outside.

YMMV though.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby khayandhi » Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:37 pm

did anyone end up seeing that qlomaire women's mac? does it suck? the freezing rain/hail/whatever thing we have goin' on here is making me want to break down and get something with a hood at last #struggle

I'm freezing

khayandhi

Postby BIGBEE » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:21 pm

BIGBEE

Postby khayandhi » Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:44 pm

if that qlo mac is nice in person then it prob fulfils what I want – something to wear over my actual warm stuff that will keep the horrid sky water out. thanks!

re. practical clothes, actual lemaire is like all I want to wear tbh

khayandhi

Postby bels » Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:04 pm

Practical and elegant are at odds as you increase one the other drops because the concept of elegance is based around not needing practicality.

I wouldn't trust a shower repellant thing to keep me dry for longer than thirty minutes. Which might or might not be enough depending.

Muji labo has some nice water repellant stuff that felt pretty substantial but it is sort of pricey. Especially if you feel like expensive things should have brand names.

The qlomaire is probably the one for you if that is what you like the look of.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby earthonator » Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:41 pm

this is my first time selling anything- im selling a shirt and putting it up on ebay and grailed. what is the cost of shipping a shirt to anywhere in the US? what shipping servic should i use too?

earthonator

Postby une_impasse » Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:17 pm

une_impasse

Postby cormac » Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:57 pm

I use USPS priority shipping for CONUS. It's a flat rate of around $6 as long as you can fit it in the (free) envelope IIRC. There may be other factors as well that I'm forgetting.

cormac

Postby harmsalmon » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:03 am

what are some comfortable big sturdy shoes? i have red wings and hiking boots and duck boots but none of them are comfortable at all

harmsalmon

Postby ptozzi » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:33 pm

Can anyone comment on tres bien sizing? Have my eye on a jacket I might pick up if it reaches sale. I'm a medium in most shirts and a medium/large in outerwear. Should I get a 48 or a 50?

ptozzi

Postby HeavenResign » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:19 pm

I've been looking around for a while, and I'm having trouble finding a warm winter coat that I feel fits my style. It's not like my style is super unique or anything I just wear black jeans/black docs and some sort of drapey tee. I have a surplus usn peacoat for when it's so cold I shouldn't worry about 'my style', but I guess I'm looking for something with kind of a militaristic jizz that I can rough up a bit. Preferably something water resistant, just enough so that when it rains I can just use an umbrella and not worry about messing up the coat at all.

I would buy this in black but it's just out of my price range right now (it's around $550 iirc). Looking for something around ~250 - 300ish, and have no problems buying used. I check grailed pretty often, just haven't found anything that's hit the spot yet.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

edit: also i'm usually xs if that helps at all

HeavenResign

Postby bels » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:48 pm

Random M65 with liner?

bels
Yung Winona

Postby zigfip » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:10 am

quality leather boots, under 400 dollars, and not bulbous workwear boots?
or, does anyone have any experience with the whole "doc martens for life" program?

zigfip

Postby jrisk » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:00 am

on a related note, my new pair of docs are like a quarter of a size too big. it's liveable with thicker socks but I think maybe insoles would be nice. Does anyone recommend a specific brand or should I just run over to target or footlocker and get whatever?

jrisk

PreviousNext

Return to Tags