[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - I don't know what I want (Buyer's guide)

I don't know what I want (Buyer's guide)

Clothes

Re: I don't know what I want (Buyer's guide)

Postby pirxthepilot » Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:02 am

caruso is always a good option from what i've seen, and 100% wool will prob fall better. presume these are both yoox? it's so difficult to tell what the hell things are like on there that i always order a load of different options and return the rejects

pirxthepilot

Postby swampblood » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:54 am

Looking to finally replace my black levi's, 510 cut. Looking for something similar in terms of fit only higher quality I guess. Should I buy into the Acne hype? any other suggestions? price range could probably go up to around 200 but preferably between 100-150. halp me ct (love)

swampblood

Postby bels » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:10 am

Under no circumstances should you buy into the Acne hype.

Just buy the black levis 510 again.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby bels » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:59 am

Busy Miyake is for "art events" like poetry slams

Margaret suit is for an unknown situation. Maybe visiting an art gallery on a summer day?

bels
Yung Winona

Postby pirxthepilot » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:46 pm

pirxthepilot

Postby bels » Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:00 pm

Thought the Garret looked decent though. I liked the length. Do you want me to come over and mod it for you? I've got a permanent marker so I can write OG LANG VERY HEAVY ARCHIVAL SHIT on the label.

I think Acne is a Cool Brand in that it has a Good Selection and you can roll through their store and look decent.

But they are not a like a brand that does such great jeans that you need to seek them out if you were perfectly happy with your Levis. (And you were clearly happy with your levis if you wore them do destruction)

bels
Yung Winona

Postby swampblood » Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:48 pm

Fair fair, I have been pretty happy with my levi's overall. Could nitpick a couple things (slimmer leg openings, maybe a slightly higher rise) mostly Ive just grown tired of replacing them every 5-6 months because of the inevitable crouch blowout but Ill probably run into that with any other denim I purchase. Would petit standards be the closest APC's in term of fit parody?

swampblood

Postby bels » Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:20 pm

If you have a crotch blowout problem elastane or a gusseted crotch will help 10x more than anything else.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby LelandJ » Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:30 pm

As much as I like a lot of the fabrics and the construction/finishing quality of Boglioli, all their jackets have a serious flaw in varying degrees of sleeves pitched too far forward. With good posture and arms relaxed to the side the sleeve will create diagonal pulls along the back of the sleeve, an ugly sight. It's visible in the product pic above. I don't have any Caruso jackets but I'm pretty confident they don't have pattern flaws in their RTW and that specific suit looks nice. I bet you could easily find one for 10% of that price on eBay in excellent condition.

LelandJ

Postby Syeknom » Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:51 pm

I've never tried on a Boglioli but sleeve pitch problems are a nightmare and certainly visible in that picture. Caruso looks nice. Button stance is ace.

Syeknom

Postby LelandJ » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:40 am

LelandJ

Postby bels » Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:36 am

I don't know how I've gone from "A COS suit is good enough" to "hmm the angle of the sleeves on this jacket is insufficient I must spend £200 more" in the short space of two years but I guess here we are.

I have a 35% voucher so I guess I may as well go for the Caruso. A good shout on the eBay angle from leland but there's nothing i want/my size on there at the moment and I'm sure if I wait until this voucher expires I'll just end up regretting it so yoox wins again for this classy igent.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby LelandJ » Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:33 am

The Caruso also has a better length, greater differential from where the sleeve cuff ends than the Boglio respectively and the pant taper's less aggressive giving a good silhouette. 25% off's not a bad deal.

LelandJ

Postby bels » Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:02 am

Why is the more expensive thing always better.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby MxmHrpr » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:49 pm

Love Caurso's jackets, they're also Drakes jacket maker (of note their Loro Piana hopsack sportcoat, which is god-tier for RTW).

I hate to be a Suitsupply cheerleader, but why not get a Lazio or Havana for £300 and not worry as much when someone inevitably throws drink over you at a 6th form social?

MxmHrpr

Postby bels » Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:03 pm

I went on suitsupply but I couldn't work out what the great suits were so I gave up.

Also with my 35% discount that boglioi will cost the same/less than a suit supply so.. why not.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby ptozzi » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:39 pm

cheap beige suede derbies w/ a wedge sole? red wing is ideal but the cheaper the better

ptozzi

Postby bels » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:06 am

Whistles UK used to gave these in beige http://www.whistles.com/shoes/crepe-sol ... vy#start=1

You've got quite a specific request there so it might be a real struggle to get them cheap.

Actually, Clarks Desert Trek fits your description but probably isn't what you want:

Last edited by bels on Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
bels
Yung Winona

Postby Vaeltaja » Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:26 am

Wanna redneck? I'll do him an egg. NO SYMPY!
<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
Vaeltaja

Postby bels » Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:47 pm

bels
Yung Winona

Postby tapchung » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:57 pm

Want a comfy af turtleneck (preferably) elongated. Love Rick Moody turtleneck but no good deals for the cashmere iteration from Moody and the current mohair one just kinda sucks.

tapchung

Postby okuu6 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Want a comfy af turtleneck (preferably) elongated. Love Rick Moody turtleneck but no good deals for the cashmere iteration from Moody and the current mohair one just kinda sucks.

Pic related (Rick Moody Turtleneck FW14):

This is a sea urchin.
これはウニです。

okuu6

Postby rjbman » Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:38 pm

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby LelandJ » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:31 pm

LelandJ

Postby une_impasse » Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:16 am

here's an easy/difficult query:

i've been downsizing my wardrobe and i want to settle on one good solid bag
and i've always been fond of shuitsang's collection of ccp/guidi/bbs etc bags
so i guess i'm looking for a slouchy, hobo type bag that won't break the bank!
i've found a few that i like but they are all $1000+ and i know there has to be
an alternative out there.

this would be the ideal:

une_impasse

Postby LelandJ » Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:02 am

Did you cut the string Bels? How's the fit?

LelandJ

Postby bels » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:37 am

Been busy. Will try and do it... soon.

YX haven't got back to me on the string or the fuck up. Should probably call them.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby LelandJ » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:45 am

I quit emailing them over a year ago, always call for support now.

LelandJ

Postby TheDutchWonder » Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:11 am

Velcro nike blazers? I'm looking at these white ones and I think they're growing on me. They remind me of the velcro rafs. Edit- when I say that I mean that's how ido wear them. I actually like a lot of aspects of these better. I wish I could compare them both irl.

TheDutchWonder

Postby bels » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:52 am

I called the yooxman and he said I shouldn't cut the yooxstring because

"The item, of course, it must be returned as one object."

That seemed to be what he was saying though the line was bad and we had a bit of a language thing.. It seems insane. The trousers are hard enough but to tell how a jacket falls whilst a pair of trousers are attached to the buttonhole is kind of a big ask? An impossible ask?? I guess that's how you save 500 tho.

bels
Yung Winona

PreviousNext

Return to Tags