[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Ask a question, get an answer

Ask a question, get an answer

Clothes

Re: Ask a question, get an answer

Postby ptozzi » Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:43 pm

is there a questions thread in care section? anyway, best teeth whitening product that wont make my teeth sensitive?

ptozzi

Postby PrimePrime » Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:48 am

I just got a job that requires that I wear all black shoes, they don't care what kind as long as they're black. I hate all black shoes. In my opinion, they (almost) always detract from the design of the shoe itself. I'd love to hear any and all recommendations for black shoes. Like seriously, just tell me what your favorites are: trainers, boots, runners, brogues, sandals, espadrilles, Thoms, literal tennis shoes, double monks, sprang blades...just anything.

PrimePrime

Postby bels » Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:00 am

Black derbies (non doc if you can afford) is a very powerful and versatile shoe.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby lyysander » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:45 pm

Does anyone know what RRL sizing is like for their tops? Do they tend to run large, small, or TTS?

lyysander

Postby DeafIdiotGod » Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:55 pm

I tried on the Universal Works Aston Pants in wool today and they were absolutely perfect except for being a size too large.

Does anyone know any stockists that still have the Olive wool pair in a 30 waist?

Failing that, anyone know any similar green wool trus?

Edit: DW, found a pair on some French site

Last edited by DeafIdiotGod on Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DeafIdiotGod

Postby ASTROCHIMP » Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:51 pm

Anyone own a Cav Empt fleece pullover? I want to know how the quality is before I drop that much on a fleece.

I'll stop wearing black when they invent a darker color.

Check out my shit tumblr.

Also consider checking out my music.

Follow me.
ASTROCHIMP

Postby pirxthepilot » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:54 am

should i crop these dries trou to just above the ankle bone? i've been doing that a lot recently but maybe it works better with a taper? (hem on these is maybe 10.5")

pirxthepilot

Postby bels » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:58 am

Under no circumstances should you crop those trousers. They are slouchy let them slouch.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby bels » Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:30 pm

bels
Yung Winona

Postby CMYK » Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:50 pm

Got a gift card to Nike, but there's nothing from them that I feel I really ~need~

Looking at:

Does anyone have any additional sizing info about the women's tech fleece stuff? It's so much cooler than the men's, but at 6" I'm unsure if the XL will fit me.

Edit: I was hoping that the roomier cut of the "cape" would save me from that a bit

CMYK

Postby ramseames » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:15 pm

Women's tech fleece is not gonna fit you

Defined waists on long things /cropped to hit a female waist on short things /generally too slim

ramseames

Postby CMYK » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:18 am

Gah. Foiled again.

CMYK

Postby JewTurk » Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:59 pm

Yo what is the name/style of your patagonia fleece? Closest thing I can find is the synchilla but I want a fleece with a full front zip + funky pattern. (all the full zip ones are just simple color schemes, as far as I can find)

JewTurk

Postby YoungCanoeist » Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:16 pm

Hey , thanks for asking. I checked and I don't think they have it anymore, and I don't remember the style name. It's something like the Retro-X jacket and the Los Gatos fleece. It's a shaggy outer material with a slick lining and some space in between. 100% polyester. Good luck!!

http://www.patagonia.com/us/product/men ... ?p=23055-0

http://www.patagonia.com/us/product/men ... ?p=25920-0

YoungCanoeist

Postby earthonator » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:30 pm

what are some good japanese blogs? i know of the great wondermountain ofc, and i found this one: http://eminent.exblog.jp/ but what are some other good ones?

earthonator

Postby Vaeltaja » Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:09 pm

Wanna redneck? I'll do him an egg. NO SYMPY!
<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
Vaeltaja

Postby Vaeltaja » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:32 pm

How much do I actually need oxfords for dressing up? Can I just get derbies or is it actually that noticeable? Not doing any black tie or anything.

Wanna redneck? I'll do him an egg. NO SYMPY!
<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
Vaeltaja

Postby bataille » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:05 am

Some kid is lying about me in a review on grailed. He wasn't happy with the condition of a sweatshirt I sold him, sent me several angry e-mails, and started a paypal dispute. It was the holidays and I didn't want to be bothered so I politely and quickly gave him the (very generous) partial refund he asked for, hoping I was done with it. But now he's written a review detailing every flaw of the garment (broken stitch, stain on the inside, etc.) and of myself (liar, scumbag, etc), which I would obviously like taken down. How can this be done?

I can't find an e-mail address on grailed's site. every time you reach the bottom of the page there's just more clothes.

bataille

Postby oli » Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:58 pm

i don't know what do with these darn sandals. when i first received them all of the empty space you see now had foam in it, but it was rapidly falling apart so i ripped the weak problematic foam out.
i put these fairly solid pads in the space with shoe glue, let them be for a very long time. whenever i try to walk with the sandals now i hear the terrible noise of shoe glue, the pad and shoe coming apart with every step. is there a better way to fill up this empty space?? also if there's a better thread for this please tell

oli

Postby midemolet » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:06 pm

Can I get a yes/no to this cardigan I found on sale @ allsaints outlet.

midemolet

Postby Cowboy » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:13 pm

Cowboy

Re: French Workwear Looks

Postby Cowboy » Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:07 am

Think I changed the thread title under the assumption it would link me there and was embarrassingly mistaken

Cowboy

Postby RomanEmpire » Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:18 am

Anybody know where I can get some plain solid colored baseball caps with a strap back? Looking for a black one and some other colors. Preferably some cheap ones no more than ~$30

RomanEmpire

Postby rublev » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:21 am

can't figure out whether these are really cool or a bit millets

or maybe millets is actually cool

rublev
Political Editor

Postby meatjacket » Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:02 am

hand washed my APCs like 5 times by now, can i just throw them in the washing machine without fear of weird fades (like lines or something un natural) on cold

meatjacket

Postby bels » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:01 am

No one is safe from those fucking vertical fade lines that turn up on your favourite trousers for no fucking reason.

Modern science is still unable to understand them.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby TheDutchWonder » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:54 pm

TheDutchWonder

Postby yoyobeat » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:22 am

Has anyone ever stretched a fine-knit cotton sweater? I just won a grail of mine and am hoping I can do this when it arrives; it's about a size down from what I'd have ideally gotten, but i didn't know when I'd see another one so *shrug*.

Found http://laundry.about.com/od/laundrybasi ... eaters.htm but wanted to ask if any of you have tried this with cotton sweaters. Not sure if the fineness of the knit or the face that it's cotton rather than wool will make a difference.

yoyobeat

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:24 am

how do i find my true size in gloves?

can i just try some on at uniqlo and assume whichever fits my hands best is my true size

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby cormac » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:24 am

Okay, I think I need some sizing advice. A size 10 in Vans authentic fits me perfectly snug, but with Superstars and Stans I need to size up to 10.5 for the width.

I recently purchased a pair of classic Timbs in size 9.5. They fit loose with thin socks, but tight with my thick L.L. Bean rag wool socks. If I sized down to a 9, they would fit perfectly snug with thin socks but may be too tight for the wool socks (maybe they'd fit after really wearing them in but I'm not sure).

What size do you guys recommend I take? I'm thinking size 9 makes the most sense so that they're comfortable to wear when it's not freezing outside. I could probably just replace the thick socks with thinner SmartWool socks for cold weather. This probably comes down to personal preference a bit, so what would you guys do?

cormac

PreviousNext

Return to Tags