[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Clothes

Re: random fashion thoughts

Postby ramseames » Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:37 pm

ramseames

Postby teck » Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:58 pm

oh hey i know that writer.

looks like the piece got taken down. im kind of surprised. i thought it was a valid point, although maybe targeting one person wasn't a good approach?

i've encountered some racial ambivalence also while talking to some designers/writers. i once had someone get really upset that i even brought up the subject, even though it was the whole point in us talking in the first place.

**edit: just fyi i don't want to get into a whole thing about it. peace homies piece!

teck

Postby hirokinakamura » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:38 pm

as a sidenote i once sold a sheepskin coat and an ma-1 to paolo roldan. there was a moment where i mistakenly confused him for errolson hugh and he told me he'd done modelling work for acronym. that was cool. even gave me his email, told me to hit him up if i was ever in fake canada. that was probably the only good part about working at the real mccoy's, getting to meet famous people.

anyway, it's just cool to see him blowing up, doing dope shit.

The Loopwheel Lord, King of Sweatshirts, and consummate Watch Snob
hirokinakamura

Postby adiabatic » Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:54 am

It's the in Dotaland!

I don't know if I should feel bad for hating James' tie and/or sweater.

Update, a few days later: Guess I won't have to see it anymore.

Last edited by adiabatic on Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“clothing for attractive rich people in their 20s to go to weddings in” — Zack Johnson on Vineyard Vines
adiabatic

Postby harmsalmon » Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:04 pm

dude just walked into my Anthro of Japan class wearing Barbour x WM..... shame it's the tree camo and not the wave print but i suppose i'll still excitedly approach him once class is over......

harmsalmon

Postby yourdad » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:29 am

so did you approach him? I need to know

yourdad

Postby Julio » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:34 am

^the old sufu joke would probably be "did u bang doe"

that aside i was looking at wm x barbour the other day on end and the new season stuff is quite cute

also: all i've been wearing are these cropped drop crotch pleated trousers i thrifted
and now i want more pleated trousers
and white af1s

and a coach jacket

quitting the game is a lie

Julio

Postby odradek » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:47 am

latepass but as a dude named daniel who hangs out at the pool and wears white vans all the time, nobody i know is keyed in enough to have said 'damn daniel' to me, nor have they noticed that i'm back at it again with the white vans.

odradek

Postby posh_somme » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:09 pm

im probably really late on this but these outlier photos are on another level

(story continued in spoilers)

http://shop.outlier.cc/shop/retail/slim-dungarees.html

posh_somme

Postby jujumaster » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:18 pm

Adverts like this make me think, who are these people who buy current season pieces and stick them straight up for sale on Grailed? I mean the advert even says it was only bought last week, cant you just return it like normal people do?

https://www.grailed.com/listings/454304 ... work-Shirt

jujumaster

Postby ASTROCHIMP » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:43 pm

Right so as he mentioned earlier I was the guinea pig for the Mystery Fun Present™. Anyways I had gotten a refund on a an item so I had $60 sitting in my PayPal and saw his post about his Mystery Fun Present™ I figured I should jump on the opportunity as there are a bunch of Japanese brands that I love. We discussed a bunch of stuff about what types of brands I was interested in and what types of items I would want. I didn't really want anything besides stuff like some light jackets and shirts since I'm rather picky with what pants I buy. But as we continued to discuss things I showed some interest in some baggy pants as its on my list of things to purchase. Well I got my package today and I couldn't be more happy it was definitely worth the money. In my package I got a couple different tee's from different brands, two jackets and a pair of pants(also some candy and a very nice note).Here's an album of everything that I got and the package, it was quite large and I can see why shipping was as much as it was but seeing how much I got and how difficult it would be to find some of the stuff here in the US made it worth it to me. Some of the pictures ended up upside down somehow but that's alright I think since you can mostly make out what's in there. I now have a small collection of Neighborhood as well from all he sent me and a BDU jacket I got in today too.

also proxied me a North Face Purple Label Daypack and is also helping me out by keeping an eye out for a WTAPS BDU jacket for a decent price. So his helpfulness is amazing. This post feels like I'm shilling a little bit but it was such a great experience and I'm super happy with everything and will most likely be doing this again in the future when I replenish some funds.

Edit. I will answer all questions about it that I can as well.
yep everything for $60 plus shipping.
Get in touch with trasparenti I believe he will be setting up a thread soonish with more info on everything.

List of Everything I got:

Last edited by ASTROCHIMP on Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'll stop wearing black when they invent a darker color.

Check out my shit tumblr.

Also consider checking out my music.

Follow me.
ASTROCHIMP

Postby bels » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:00 pm

How can you get all of that for 60 dollars? What the fuck is Japan.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby hirokinakamura » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:53 am

hirokinakamura

Postby RomanEmpire » Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:19 am

How do people even find stuff on Grailed, browsing it is so tedious

RomanEmpire

Postby trasparenti » Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:21 am

trasparenti
Japanese Correspondent

Postby ramseames » Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:49 pm

ramseames

Postby stappard_ » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:55 pm

HRH Patrick Grant's not-for-profit made in england clothing line has surfaced

stappard_

Postby maj » Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:09 pm

this is really sick but "cutting out the middle man" in any form makes me cringe after seeing too many american techbros looking 2 disrupt the fashion industry.

mac and harrington look banging for the ££££££££££ if patrick isn't lying to me

maj

Postby oucho » Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:27 pm

I heard about this project a while ago and I'm pretty sure it's legit. The straight fit jeans look like they might be the same as the e tautz pair I have, which are pretty nice. It does basically look like the ultra boring/dadcore side of patrick grant though. Even if it's good value for money it's hard to get excited about a standard fit navy mac.Still cool though

oucho

Postby dbcooper » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:54 pm

David casavant the dude with the raf and helmut stuff has a piece up on vogue hommes, dude seems so boring the answers are stale

dbcooper

Postby ASTROCHIMP » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:24 pm

I'll stop wearing black when they invent a darker color.

Check out my shit tumblr.

Also consider checking out my music.

Follow me.
ASTROCHIMP

Postby bels » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:32 pm

bels
Yung Winona

Postby bels » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:37 pm

Wait a second he said the harrington is waterproof? Is it coated cotton or some kind of knock off ventile? Either way £80 is a fucking steal for a harrington with some kind of water resistance.

(This message brought to you by bela "harrington lolita" bartok)

bels
Yung Winona

Postby pirxthepilot » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:14 pm

friend came to visit the other day wearing a vexed generation parka i gave him in... 2002? despite hard and continuous wear (i think it's his only coat, and he has a young son) the thing still looks really good. nobody gonna be saying that about paul harnden in 13 years i guarantee it.
he lives in brighton and apparently the woman who ran vexed also moved there after quitting the game, she approached him once and said it was nice to see her clothes still being worn.

pirxthepilot

Postby bels » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:20 pm

Did she really quit the game? I spend some time wondering what the vexed designers are doing now. I assumed "consulting" for some ludicrous fee.

I thought Vexed Generation was two male designers (Adam Thorpe and Joe Hunter)... wait a second.. Adam And Joe????

why did you give away a vexed generation parka to someone anyway.

Also why did you pick paul harnden as your fall guy.

Also your friend ill? People with children often carry a lot of sickness, maybe that's why you're ill now.

Last edited by bels on Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
bels
Yung Winona

Postby hirokinakamura » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:31 am

i hate it when people send you offers on grailed and then you accept the offer and then they don't fucking pay

hirokinakamura

Postby RomanEmpire » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:19 pm

Was too busy doing homework so I forgot about the Uniqlo x Lemaire drop and the yellow/white short sleeve shirt sold out :sad:

Picked up the green/white one instead

RomanEmpire

Postby thecanadiancook » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:07 am

Victim to the Diderot effect // //
thecanadiancook

Postby trasparenti » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:10 am

here's the link to that blog i was photographed for. he added a few more pictures and i feel like a real cool dude.

http://unevenbata.blogspot.jp/2016_03_01_archive.html

for what it's worth I've completely cut back on my Grailed usage since I left America. The selection isn't bad but that offer mechanic killed me. If I had a dollar for every unpaid offer I received, I'd never have to sell anything ever again.

trasparenti
Japanese Correspondent

Postby ramseames » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:46 pm

ramseames

PreviousNext

Return to Tags