[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Ask a question, get an answer

Ask a question, get an answer

Clothes

Re: Ask a question, get an answer

Postby UnwashedMolasses » Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:23 pm

Hey you seem like the resident expert on black derbies.

I picked up some used Cheaneys off the bay for business occasions and they could use a touchup - specifically some of the black's worn off around the edge where you put your foot in. The sole could also use some more color. Should I amazon some black shoe polish and just have at it? I feel like I've heard the phrase "edge dressing" used so I thought there might be a bit more to it.

UnwashedMolasses

Postby bels » Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:35 pm

I've never used edge dressing, if you fuck up you'll dye the shoe. You might as well have a go though.

The edges where you put your foot in might perk up with some of the ol' saphir / black shoe polish collab.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby RomanEmpire » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:42 pm

Do reeboks fit tts?

RomanEmpire

Postby YoungCanoeist » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:52 pm

I love black Adidas Sambas. I want to get some, but I'm concerned they won't fit well into my wardrobe because they're black and I mostly wear shades of brown. How do Sambas look with browns, beiges, and blues?

YoungCanoeist

Postby Francks » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:42 am

Let's say I want to start the production of a few garments (I'm based in the UK, contacts in France as well)
- how can I find factories? How and where to start?
- it is dependent on many factors but what is the usual minimum "number" required to start the production line?

Convergentalternatives.tumblr.com
Francks

Postby pirxthepilot » Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:11 pm

purely guessing here but based on what i see among small designers you might find it hard to get a factory to take an order for say 20-30 pieces... i think you'd do better to source the material yourself and find a tailor to do fabrication. i went to get an alteration the other day and the guy told me he makes, or at least made, stuff for the cad & the dandy, which is widely considered a good mtm operation.

pirxthepilot

Postby bels » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:03 am

What you making francky? Hidden placket white shirt? Black blazer with snap closure? Black wool trousers with a loose fit in the thighs and a strong taper? Navy blue overshirt?

Actually if someone wants to make a navy blue overshirt with a bike centric fit and DWR I'll come out of retirement

Actually if someone could talk to old town and convince them to make their unity suit out of a nylon/spandex DWR and add gusseted shoulders and crotch that would be great too

bels
Yung Winona

Postby pirxthepilot » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:30 am

i want more non-wool black trous with interesting texture, maybe thick cotton or boiled poly. CDG and marni are good, any other brands i should be looking at?

pirxthepilot

Postby Francks » Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:11 am

Thanks for the replies. For now it's just testing the waters as I prefer to gather information beforehand. My aim is not to create a brand, just create things for me and why not for some other people that might be interested.

I have a lot of idea in mind but the key consistent point would be the fabric/textile with a distinctive fit yet keeping the item "simple/minimal"

Pirx you can have a look at dries, however I've never seen the good pants online or in department store (only flagships)

Francks

Postby freddy » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:28 am

I need a yellow bucket hat. Where can I find one?

freddy

Postby Minkhoi » Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:35 pm

how do you guys lace your eytys?

the laces of mine are so friggin long

Ph
Minkhoi

Postby Vaeltaja » Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:10 am

All black sneaker with a huge almost creeper-like sole... basically this pair of Eytys Mother but in smooth leather, who do I look at? Black upper a must, black sole a must (disqualifies Axel Arigato + Eytys Doja). Low top a must.

Wanna redneck? I'll do him an egg. NO SYMPY!
<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
Vaeltaja

Postby Cowboy » Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:07 pm

once posted a huge list of Internet sellers and I can't find it

Bels can you point that out to me?

And for post purpose, who are your favorite Internet second salesmen? Grailed, bay, etc

Mine personally is balearic1 on EBay, drops 300 items at 9.99 about 1-3x a month, some great stuff.

Cowboy

Postby beeftips » Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:54 pm

How do I size birkenstock bostons? .5 down?

beeftips

Postby bels » Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:50 pm

bels
Yung Winona

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:10 am

who makes, like, cool loose-ish pants with gathered/tied hems? (that aren't sweatpants or joggers) i like the fit effect pinrolls have on sorta-loose pants but i fucking hate pinrolls

i like wtaps bdus for this reason but idk how hard they are to find really (or could i get the same effect with propper pants?)

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby pirxthepilot » Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:18 am

i saw that you had a pair of trousers made and i'm thinking about doing the same. do you like how they turned out? did you just go to a tailor and say 'mid rise /taper/ 7" hem' etc or did you give him a pair you like as 'flintstone'?

pirxthepilot

Postby Francks » Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:36 am

I didn't have them made from scratch, I bought a pair with a fabric I liked (and for this one that fits in the waist + the fit I'm looking for in the thighs).
Then I just explained precisely what I wanted for everything below the knee. I know the measurements to give to get what I expect so it's easy (cropped length, hem width, from where to start tapering, etc.). Also it's an opportunity to ask more "exotic" stuff. For example I asked him to do an inside cuff to add more weight at the bottom and have a cleaner break (lightweight fabric)

It all depends on which fit you want but for instance if you want to dynamise a fit you can size up a pair, alter the waist and taper it from knee down (depends on your morpho)
Just one advice: if you go with the measurements way, give them in relative values. There might be a slight discrepency between how you and the tailor measure something.

Francks

Postby pirxthepilot » Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:03 am

interesting, thanks, especially the final part. you'd think 7" hem (or whatever) is quite hard to get wrong..

pirxthepilot

Postby Francks » Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:08 am

I've seen tailors with old wooden measure tapes, or with stretched plastic ones...
Also if you measure the thigh, thy can measure from a bit lower than you, thus having a different result.
For the hem it's less likely, although if the fabric is thick for instance and you/they don't flatten the fabric properly it can lead to a difference.
0.5cm is material for a hem.

So I would say if your pants are 19cm (according to your measurement) and you want 18cm, just say -1cm

Francks

Postby vehk » Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:19 pm

i want to start sewing but how do i start sewing, how do i know what fabrics to buy? where do i get fabrics from?how do i do anything??? ;_;

vehk

Postby kayeight » Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:19 pm

kayeight

Postby radicalbusiness » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:38 am

WHERE do I find a crewneck cardigan and how are they so hard to find for men?? (example in link in spoiler)

radicalbusiness

Postby earthonator » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:40 pm

how do i shop for cdg online..all i find is play

earthonator

Postby bouquet » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:23 am

For anyone who has had experience owning or trying on DBSS sneakers, what did you think? Is the quality up to par? Do they fit TTS? Is it even worth bothering? etc. Been browsing fromjapan listings and a few of them have appealed to me, looking in the sub $200 range.

bouquet

Postby saveed_samir » Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:40 am

if were done with ma1s whats everyone gnna wear now?

saveed_samir

Postby Vaeltaja » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:47 am

Wanna redneck? I'll do him an egg. NO SYMPY!
<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
Vaeltaja

Postby Morlin » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:17 pm

how thick is the cotton on EG's workaday pants? would they be bad for summer?

I think that it is not. Cowichan, etc., If you prefer a thick knit, how about you? It is cool there is atmosphere!
Morlin

Postby ramdomthought » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:41 pm

they're pretty medium weight -- dunno if i'd wear them much above 80f though

ramdomthought

Postby pk! » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:02 pm

Pk! "Pok Gai," Cantonese phrase/insult for, "Go fall in the street."
I fell into the streets and missed the ground.
pk!

PreviousNext

Return to Tags