[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Clothes

Re: random fashion jersey bibs

Postby ramdomthought » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:36 pm

(love) mom

ramdomthought

Postby ramdomthought » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:37 pm

ramdomthought

Postby Copeland » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:24 am

BBS11 looks like it ripped off HBA wholesale, it should be better but doesn't look it.

Copeland

Postby Cowboy » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:02 am

Cowboy

Postby ASTROCHIMP » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:07 pm

I too found an old BR Vest this one was at Belmont Army in Chicago.
The guy on the army surplus level loved my TNF Purple Label bag which was cool.

I'll stop wearing black when they invent a darker color.

Check out my shit tumblr.

Also consider checking out my music.

Follow me.
ASTROCHIMP

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:46 pm

there's something kinda sad about going to KTT or other streetwear forums and seeing normal hs/college students try to keep up stylistically with multimillionaire rappers that are A) rich enough to only need to wear any particular piece once and B) constantly given free shit from brands

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby Copeland » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:38 pm

It sucks even more that most rappers aspire to become the king of fuccbois. And the ones who are decent, like ASAP Rocky, seem so contrived and calculated, advised by teams of stylists and PR people that whatever they say or wear just seems disingenuous and politically motivated, as in the case of off-whtie and HBA. He might've been one of the first rappers who was internet fashion approved, but even the most culturally challenged sufu poster back in the 2000s with money could rep Rick and Raf. Now Raf has become this weird originally high fashion inspired by street fashion for high fashion but now for street fashion label, as coveted as Supreme, and flipped for equally ridiculous prices, because of rappers and instagram celebrities.

I should make clear that there's definitely something admirable and...egalitarian? in what Rocky has done with high fashion. But I just can't take him seriously with all the fashion beef and Jeremy Scott collab sneakers which were 10000x worse than yeezys. Essentially, they portray themselves as aesthetes, or at least people with innovative taste, but I just can't see them as and having either. Them being the ian connors, travis scotts, etc. Maybe I'm too cynical, but it just seems like any idiot with 10k can buy a bunch of Raf and old HL and wear them in a music video and act like they know what's up. I'm waiting for that dope boy who only rocks Jan Jan Van Essche and Edwina Hoerl.

@BobbyZamora, didn't know that, I stand corrected.

Copeland

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:50 pm

feel like expecting rap stars to like JJVE is a bit much, you're not gonna see 2chainz wearing mori-boy shit. ye and rocky have worn soloist/number (n)ine though so that's a good start maybe

rocky can afford to never have to wear the same fit twice ofc but he's friends with michelle lamy so he's cool

i agree with you on the rest though, feel like tyga might be the king of fuccbois but i don't know if anyone wants to dress like tyga cause he's THE WORST

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby alby » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:47 am

for as much shit as ian gets i don't mind him. I think he looks cool and it seems as though he has held somewhat credible positions (on the creative team of nike and supreme, iirc) and now he is making his own stuff. I think he spends his money on stupid shit sometime (pastel grills, lol) but I think he is having fun and doing what he wants to do, so I give him some props.

i'd walk a mile for a camel
alby

Postby maj » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:46 am

every youtube fashion blogger makes me want 2 burn all my clothes in a field and move to swindon, the furthest point away from any "fashion culture"

maj

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:44 am

trying to force a distinction between what we're doing (people interested in fashion on a forum platform) and youtube fashion bloggers (people interested in fashion using youtube as a platform) is kinda strange tbh

that doesn't mean that a lot of fashion vloggers aren't narcissistic fucks, but cmon

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby maj » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:33 am

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

fashion blogging/forums is sometimes (often) good, but vlogging on yt is always absolutely horrific. where are the quality content generators at? they cant all be narcissistic fucks??????

there has 2 be something beyond holding a camera 3 inches from your face going "it's flaxy flaxsisters" and then shoving it in a gloomy white bag seeing a load of clothes all in plastic and possibly a receipt before it choppily cuts between shots of people all wearing the same jacket and angsty teens smoking. all topped off with some "chill electronic music"???

or

some person sitting in front of a rail going "mmm yeah this is my lates pick up, got it from _______ yeahh, errrr it's really cool, i just layer it and sometimes just want to be comfy ahahah, cut and quality is really nice, really good buy, sleve cut is good and ummmm yeah definately an essential for me now going to order another 6 all in grey,, quality is great yeah ahaha"

or

"how do you feel about x brand" to everyone in a queue and edit it to be the most cringe responses

it's all v yuk

need a yt fashion saviour

maj

Postby bels » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:48 am

bels
Yung Winona

Postby odradek » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:54 am

forums, and especially the trasparenti thread, get a pass on this imo because of the way those details are an aspect of a relationship in a community, where youtube is almost completely one-sided, almost like when you see (or are on) a boring date where one person is just droning at the other one. i think the trasparenti thread is the strongest example of the relationship fostered by clothing (again, keeping in mind that i believe clothing choices are an aspect of personality) because it involves one person who is in the know and has access making decisions based on how they understand other people, and showing that off and giving feedback is a sort of way to say "hey, look at this reflection of me through these things as viewed by someone else." it's probably pretty easy to handwave as narcissistic, but i think that's a very expansive definition of narcissism.

odradek

Postby ASTROCHIMP » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:15 am

I don't really like YT fashion people because for many of the reasons stated above I find them boring or whatever. But I'm not sure if we can really compare them all that much to us because they cater to such a different audience I feel. I don't think those that watch people talking about what clothes are cool or whatever overlap with those of us here or on a lot of forums. Granted I haven't seen a lot of them but they the ones I have seen tend to dress in a very derivitive way. The ones I've seen have all been streetwear ones so I get the sense that the viewers are there to just see how to dress "cool" in the moment. They aren't there to develop a personal style or learn much about the clothes just how to look cool for the times. There's nothing wrong with this of course but it differs a lot at least for me, as I am always trying to actively learn more about different aspects of fashion and come to appreciate them. I see the mentality of trying to be cool on reddit a lot where communities set up their uniforms for what's fashionable right now and only tell people to get these items. Not like I'm not guilty of this myself sometimes but I've found myself branching way further our since joining up here.

I'll stop wearing black when they invent a darker color.

Check out my shit tumblr.

Also consider checking out my music.

Follow me.
ASTROCHIMP

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:39 am

i feel like this is a good "be the change" moment, like some c-t user with good onscreen presence and some editing skill could start a yt channel and fuck the whole game up

cause i feel like fashion lends itself so well to a video format but i feel like there's a serious drought of quality fashion content on youtube, i've rewatched mr. porter's stuff enough to get tired of it and when i'm bored i still rewatch stuff like vids of errolson hugh talking about zippers or w/e

it's a shame impulse online never really got off the ground, that acronymjutsu parody was exactly what i'm talking about in terms of original interesting fashion video content

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby oucho » Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:11 pm

we should make a youtube channel like showstudio but with care-tags members, shot in the french house

and we discuss fitpics instead of collections

oucho

Postby ramdomthought » Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:33 pm

what's so wrong with narcissism

ramdomthought

Postby jujumaster » Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:06 pm

Im not really familiar with any Youtube fashion vloggers, but they cant be any worse than all these 'influencers', 'stylists' and 'street style photographers' that pop up all over Instagram now, they are everywhere, try and search through a #rafsimons or an #acnestudios hashtag and you cant move for them fuckers, not to mention all the east London cool kids standing in front of council tower blocks.

Difference being that vlogging on youtube is seen as 'some nerd shit' whereas on Instagram its just that one moment, despite taking all afternoon to get that one moment, chain smoking cigarettes because you fucked up the last photo but still want to look cool and staring nonchalantly off into the distance on the 64th take trying to reinforce the notion that "Yes, I really do look this cool all the time" to your Instagram followers. Youtube will only go to show how shy and awkward they might be and you cant go mixing fashion with that vlogging nerd shit because you are supposed to be one of the cool kids - theres why the lack of fashion content on Youtube exists.

Im not cynical at all.

jujumaster

Postby ramdomthought » Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:31 pm

as far as my knowledge goes the only person who has won the internet fashion game thus far is even though forumites, instagramnerds, tumblradoos, youtubes, redacktors, and vineyettes try

we're all playing the same game even though we have different cards

ramdomthought

Postby Copeland » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:28 pm

[youtube]watch?v=py56Lffk2v4[/youtube]

Copeland

Postby djwildchina » Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:17 pm

djwildchina

Postby harmsalmon » Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:15 pm

Santigold x Final home (smiling))))

harmsalmon

Postby Dingdongfootball » Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:56 pm

youtube fashion accounts are bad because almost all of youtube is bad except for vape trick compilations and that old lady who does lets plays

Dingdongfootball

Postby odradek » Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:35 pm

you guys ever wonder what clothes that are 250 years old are like?

far too small for me to fit into

odradek

Postby ptozzi » Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:32 pm

I listed a pair of AF1's on grailed as an US11 instead of as an 11.5 and I feel like a bad person

E: problem is someone made an offer and I accepted it, now I have to break their heart

ptozzi

Postby une_impasse » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:18 am

une_impasse

Postby oucho » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:20 am

brown is soooooo cool

oucho

Postby ramseames » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:27 pm

ramseames