[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Trasparenti's Fun-Time Mystery Care Packs

Trasparenti's Fun-Time Mystery Care Packs

Clothes

Re: Trasparenti's Fun-Time Mystery Care Packs

Postby ASTROCHIMP » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:27 pm

Kept meaning to do this since I've gotten home. But here is the stuff that didn't fit me from my care package. All I ask for them is the price of shipping, most likely I can fit them in a priority envelope so shipping shouldn't be much. This is a bit of a limited offer as I won't be able to ship these out once I get back to school so act fast!

First up is a Lad Musician tee. Tagged as a 42 and fits like a pretty small small. Has a really awesome cut that's pretty hard to capture on camera also is a awesome material.

Second up is a pair of American Rag CIE trousers. These are tagged as a 30 which is what I usually wear, I can almost fit into them but the zipper never wants to go up and they are pretty tight on me in the waist. I'd recommend them for someone 28-29 waist. The are pretty baggy as well so be prepared for that.
Hit me up if you want either or both of these.

Sorry I shipped them out yesterday to someone. I probably would've if you were to have paid shipping.

Last edited by ASTROCHIMP on Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'll stop wearing black when they invent a darker color.

Check out my shit tumblr.

Also consider checking out my music.

Follow me.
ASTROCHIMP

Postby trichomatic » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:39 pm

Got the chance to try on and take pics of everything I got. Lots of pics.

Cool sneaker mag.

Awesome Porter bag, this alone almost makes the whole thing worth. Big with several compartments.

Niche jacket with this subtle pattern, very nice

Undercover cropped cargos, don't really need more cargo pants in my life PM if you're interested. (tagged size 1, elastic drawstring waist can fit 26-30 inch waist comfortably imo). e:Claimed by someone already.

Kapital pants

Inpaichthys Kerri cotton knit. Has these rounded hems and very generous neckline. Wish it were a tad bigger but definitely wearable with appropriate layering.

Miharayasuhiro destroyed cardigan

Sasquatchfabrix fitted cap. Far too big for my head, PM if interested. (has been claimed)

Sunspel cardigan. Certainly wearable open but wish it were a tad bigger also.

Dry Bones rayon shirt. Amazing summer shirt, also wish this were a tad billowier and flowy but just nitpicking.

Engineered Garments corduroy pants. Missing the top button fly but not a big deal, very comfy.

Neighborhood tee

Comme des Garcons parfums tee. Could use a new fragrance soon, might just have to go with some CDG toilet water.

Mediocre phone selfie fit pics

Thanks a bunch . Pretty much everything fit pretty reasonably.
If anyone is interested in anything here, we can maybe work things out depending on what you want, tradesies and whatnot. Everything is tagged small to medium but mostly fits small.

trichomatic

Postby mrblahblahblacksheep » Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:52 am

Thanks so much to @Trasparenti for this wonderful box. Amazing experience even with the problems in the mail ;P. Thought I got some great stuff in here.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRTN89XojN0[/youtube]

Nine Microphones Black Denim Jacket
This jacket looks really great and the fabric has a really cool effect on it.

Doublet New York Beach 3D Shirt

This shirt has a really interesting fabric and the graphic seems to change based on the angle you look at it.

Bathing Ape T-Shirt

Really cool find. Graphic looks nice and fits me well.

NexusVII L/S T Shirt

Really cool subtle design with this shirt.

Frapbois Cropped Pants

These fit just about perfect on my waist which I am really happy about.

Sasquatch Fabrix Pants

These sadly do not fit me at all. I can barely get them over my calves. They have a really cool fabric though which I'm sad about.

Edit: My mom tried them on and turns out they fit her perfectly so I gave them to her.

mrblahblahblacksheep

Postby sick boy » Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:06 pm

yo this is super rad! 10/10.

Margaret Howell knit t, very substantial and soft. Great colours on this.

Champion pocket t, a classic. Lovely shade of off white, and very soft too.

NuGgETS pocket t. The material is a stretchy, slightly textured plain weave. It looks like the thing was assembled, treated somehow, disassembled, and rearranged. You can see this by the pocket, and there's lines going down the sleeves with the same effect. Very neat.

Nepenthes chambray western shirt. Looks fairly standard, until you get to the crazy hem. The curved yoke is quite nice too. A+ stuff.

Finally, this insanely soft flannel. Unfortunately far too slim for me, but it fits my sister perfectly so right on.

Other various things, Porter magazine and portfolio, a cute t-shirt key chain, and a purple/off white hat by Steven Alan

Thanks again trasparenti for putting this together!

sick boy

Postby trasparenti » Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:52 am

sent out three packages today, and with that gonna take a break for a couple days. A friend of mine from college lives in Hokkaido and he came down to visit for the week so between hanging out and work I'm a little busy. I will get back to work in a few days of course.

trasparenti
Japanese Correspondent

Postby bels » Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:22 pm

I'm organising a boycott until you start taking payment.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby trasparenti » Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:50 pm

Actually, I've had a few people mention payments recently. I still have no plans to ask for payment, I do this for fun and that's how I intend to keep it. If you want to send me payment for the service, I'll accept it. If you don't want to send me anything except money for clothes and shipping that's fine. Regardless of how much/little you send me, I will do my best to find you cool stuff in your size, and ship it as reasonably/quickly as possible.

trasparenti
Japanese Correspondent

Postby dakaf_fal » Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:22 am

Got mine in the mail today. Big shoutout to Trasparenti for doing this. I got a bunch of neat stuff and I'm super pleased with my package. And everything fits!

Fit pics for the impatient.

dakaf_fal

Postby trasparenti » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:05 pm

feel really vindicated that it all fits! Waiting on a few people to still get their stuff in the mail. My friend left back for Hokkaido so I'll be getting back into shopping.

I do want to mention that I'm shutting down this project for now after I finish the packages for the people on the list and the people who are currently PMing me. It's been a fun month or so but it's been quite busy and occasionally difficult. I can't say I don't enjoy it though. Anyways, give me a little while to get through everyone - looks like there may be 10 people overall, including PM people - cuz I'm dealing with a more hectic work schedule, but everyone will get the cool stuff they wanted soon.

I haven't forgotten about , who has been insanely patient. Soon I need to sit down and devote some time to figuring out how to procure the 2 magazines from Amazon I ordered for him so long ago (which has been a massive headache due to the postal service and sellers). I just wanna say thanks to Iliam to being so forgiving/patient and being the first person to send me money for cool stuff. You'll have all of your Purples soon!

trasparenti
Japanese Correspondent

Postby CMYK » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:22 pm

Ohhhhh man, there was a big box for me when I got to my office today... Thanks Transparenti for working so hard on this. A few things ended up too small, so if anything catches your eye, reach out to me (no guarantees, my brother/friends may have already claimed it). And apologies in advance for the lighting in the pictures, some of the color might be a bit off!

First off is this super cool sweater from Gentle Man:

CDG Play Alice tee:

Soph.Net crewneck:

"BLEEDER" tee (perhaps from :

A Bape Shirt that my brother is going to be very stoked about:

Work Not Work button up with a super cool button scheme:

A MHL jacket, just kills me that it's a size too small:

Linen Trove cargo shorts that will be getting heavy rotation this summer:

Lad Musician lightweight scarf? kerchief?:

But wait there's more! The next three things are my absolute favorite, and even just getting them would have made this well worth it.

United Arrows Blue Label Gore-Tex jacket with a sweeeet funnel collar:

Some crazy baggy shorts/capri things. These things are massive, I'm 6" and they go a good 6 in. past my knees. They are also insanely comfortable. My friends will definitely make fun of me for wearing these in public sometime this summer. Never heard of the brand.

Absolutely crazy pair of Suicokes. how did you know that from the ages of 10-20, my favorite color was purple? Another awesome thing that my friends will definitely make fun of me for wearing in public (perhaps with the capris?)

Also:

Dope little tote bag, perfect size for a 6-pack! (Which is all I end up carrying in tote bags anyway)

STYLE in LA RIGHT NOW:

And of course, it all came in a Porter bag:

Once again, thank you so much Trasparenti. :woop:

CMYK

Postby trichomatic » Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:51 pm

trichomatic

Postby trasparenti » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:06 am

sent out four packs today - , , , and Iliam, finally! I'll be sending you tracking once I get it, as well as shipping costs so be ready to send that over to me as soon as you can. Unfortunately I was in a rush today and forgot to write my little notes that I usually include in the packages, apologies in advance for that :( Otherwise it all came together well.
Iliam, I went for the cheapest option like we talked about so it'll take a little while longer but it was like $100 cheaper so it was probably worth it.

working on the next packs, as well as Franck's Dries pants so stay tuned~

trasparenti
Japanese Correspondent

Postby evilfriends » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:33 pm

@Everyone who received their Mystery Care Pack

Did any of you have to pay customs duty? I don't know if Germany is stricter than other countries with this, but pretty much all parcels go through customs here and get looked through. Depending on the worth of the parcel including shipping you have to pay like 20% of that in fees. But how much is a parcel full of used japanese clothing really worth, you know what I'm saying?

That stressed out customs officer in his mid 50s (who looked at me like I was a maniac when I went to pick up my expensive japanese boots) is gonna have one hell of a time trying to accurately determine the value of that parcel. Because it's pretty much impossible to do so and there is no official receipt or anything.

@Trasparenti, do you maybe have any experience with that? I think you have to declare the value of each parcel when you send it, right?

evilfriends

Postby trichomatic » Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:17 pm

trichomatic

Postby trasparenti » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:37 am

Sent out five packs today, I'll message you with shipping costs. Thanks for waiting, Spaceman, Evilfriends, Minkhoi, Copeland. I've picked up more hours at work and my shopping time has been significantly reduced but I'm still shopping for you all. Hopefully I'll have this all wrapped up within a week. Youngcanoeist, I'm just starting to look for stuff. One of my favorite secondhand stores is under construction so that's put a slight damper on things. I'm aiming to finish everything as quickly and thoroughly as possible, but my schedule is not making it easy. It'll happen soon tho

trasparenti
Japanese Correspondent

Postby Francks » Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:53 pm

So my item is not the usual one part of the "Mystery" packs so I knew exactly what I would be getting.

Long story short there was one pair of pants I was looking for that I could only locate in Japan. helped me doing the proxy. Thank you!

So here it is. Form dries, blend of cotton and linen with a jacquard pattern. Really nice fabric. You can see details in the second picture.

I also got some postcards from various DVN collections (back to 2001)

Convergentalternatives.tumblr.com
Francks

Postby Francks » Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:59 pm

don't like gin?

Convergentalternatives.tumblr.com
Francks

Postby Spaceman » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:22 pm

My Fun-Time Mystery Care Pack arrived I am super excited about it!!! (smiling) I was home when the mailman delivered it and raced to open it to find out what it may contain.

Everything came in a backpack that matched what I was dying to get my hands on. A sweet North Face White Label Day pack! I had originally requested a Purple Label but this is just as sweet! Image
Inside the pack was a bunch of lovely things. The first things I pulled out were the two Bape tees. They don't fit me as of right now so I think I'm going to try and stretch them and if that doesn't do it they might go to my brother for his birthday coming up. I do hope it works and I get to keep them for myself.ImageImage
Following those two shirts was one super sweet shirt that I am probably most excited about despite it being in pretty rough condition. A Y's for men shirt! A cool long cut and soft feel that I hope to wear as the weather warms up with some cropped baggier pants or something like that. Regardless probably my second favorite piece in the box behind that backpack. Super stoked about it.Image
Lastly as far as clothing was a nice little Supreme beanie in excellent condition. It even had part of the hang tag on it. From SS13.
Finally was this awesome magazine! I'm love it, so many cool things to flip through and has cool inspo shots in it.

I can't thank you enough Trasparenti! Thank you for the package and for in some ways showing me a new side of fashion and the world of Japanese fashion. I went in knowing very little about Japanese brands and out of my excitement I began reading the Japanese brands thread and learning more about Japanese brands and especially ones I had never heard of. So thank you again!.

Let's get weird
Spaceman

Postby BIGBEE » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:54 pm

Better set aside some money in case this starts back up again :cool:

BIGBEE

Postby Copeland » Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:05 pm

My pack:

+ Bape shirt that I've wearing right now. Thanks Trasparenti!

Copeland

Postby lyysander » Sun May 01, 2016 12:50 am

Got my package a few days ago, and I was stoked. Trasperenti, man I have no idea how you got all of this on my budget. Dude's a magician.

First, off two Visvim t-shirts!

This one is unfortunately too small. I'm going to see if my sister wants it.

This one has such a cool button. It's made of deer horn, so neat. It was kind of hard to photograph though.

Details:

Then this aawesome silk Phablic x Kazui shirt that's apparently made from vintage materials, and also has the craziest tag I've ever seen. I'd never heard of this brand before, but it's dope.

Crazy tag:

Next was these great Brú Na Bóinne pants. They're the perfect length but a little tight on the waist, so I'm using them as my motivation to lose some weight. Can't wait to wear them all the time. The buttons on the fly seem to be copper. Nice touch.

Then this Robert Geller shirt, with what I can only explain as asymetrical ribbed panels.

Then this flippin amazing Ffixxed button-down. I'm not an expert on fabrics so I could be wrong, but I think it's sashiko fabric?

And my favorite clothing piece of the bunch, a nylon Nepenthes jacket. It's so leightweight and sporty and shiny and I love it.

And that was just the clothes! There was also this White Mountaineering belt! Quite possibly the coolest thing I've ever owned.

AND this Needles scarf:

AND a Fashion Director's File with spreads on some of my favorite designers. I'm planning on scanning a bunch of them as soon as I can. Some really awesome stuff.

Basically I got some really excellent stuff and Transperenti is awesome. I seriously am so stoked about everything!

Here's a quit fit with the jacket and belt:

lyysander

Postby evilfriends » Mon May 16, 2016 1:25 pm

I've had my stuff for some time now but I went to London last week so now that I'm back here are some pics of what I got!

Engineered Garments graphic tee

Bless pants

Yaeca shirt

Takahiro Miyashita The Soloist shorts

Porter bag

Chiang Mai short sleeve shirt

Dip dye hoodie by Filo Melange(?)

I feel like I forgot something but I can't remember, whatever. Thanks a lot Trasparenti, I'm really enjoying the stuff you've sent me. If there's ever a part 2 of this consider me on board

evilfriends

Postby xinijia » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:19 pm

School is OVER
I can post all of the cool clothes I got now. I have the last care pack sent out (for a while).
Aha!

Magazine and Porter bag

Oversized Three Blind Mice shirt

White linen shirt, Urban Research Doors (plus me trying to copy the expression on the magazine please delete from your memory)

Urban Research white sweater

I'm trying to show the pants are like shorts and like a skirt idk

Thanks so much! :D

my favourite colour is bingle bangle
xinijia

Previous

Return to Tags