[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Clothes

Re: random fashion jersey bibs

Postby maj » Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:14 pm

i think it's more likely u have a crush on

maj

Postby rublev » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:21 am

rublev
Political Editor

Postby ptozzi » Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:06 pm

Some of the most stylish people are professors. I often times think about what brands my professors would like if they knew about internet fashion. One of my chemical engineering professors would love White Mountaineering and Outlier. Anything tech meets outdoors. His favorite outfit is a white oxford with a vermilion tie, gunmetal REI techy pants, milspec belt, and hill walking boots. In the warmer months he replaces his hill walking boots with black Tevas. This is the same 55 year old dude who just ran in the Boston Marathon.

ptozzi

Postby Vaeltaja » Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:10 am

Fuck. I was told to "dress nice" for an English reading, so I pulled out my vlaada chvatil shirt to iron. Found some mysterious stains (which I think I got rid of) but one side of the color got partially unstitched so the reverse-throne collar or whatever is all messed up and I can't fold it properly :(

Wanna redneck? I'll do him an egg. NO SYMPY!
<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
Vaeltaja

Postby ASTROCHIMP » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:04 am

One of my professors is always killing it fashion wise as well. I could only find a couple pics on google images so some of his best stuff isn't online. His style totally matches his personallity too, he's a great professor.

I'll stop wearing black when they invent a darker color.

Check out my shit tumblr.

Also consider checking out my music.

Follow me.
ASTROCHIMP

Postby Stolsdos » Mon May 02, 2016 9:05 am

I was on Reddit and I saw this picture of Jonah Hill and a girl wearing Gosha(correct me if I'm wrong).

Stolsdos

Postby une_impasse » Mon May 02, 2016 10:02 pm

the met gala red carpet is boring because people that are too famous are too worried about their appearances and go the easy, boring route.
I'm starting a crowdfunding effort to get care-tags on the carpet next year.

une_impasse

Postby bels » Wed May 04, 2016 10:59 am

New muji pyjamas have pockets in the trousers. Hip pockets and a rear patch pocket.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby hharrissonn » Wed May 04, 2016 3:23 pm

Right thread for this?

Went to my local "menswear" store that stocks mostly workwear stuff, very PNW (Telleson, Pendleton, life/after/denim). I was there to buy my boyfriend a birthday present, but the Schott rep was there with samples, and I made a comment, ended up modeling some of the jackets for the owner and manager. They were super cool people, and seemed really interested in getting my contact info/resume. Plus I got to touch super expensive jackets and that was an unexpected and fun part of my day.

Anyways I got my boyfriend a very cool lightweight wool field jacket, and they knocked off the sales tax for me. Moral of the story is by affectedly gay-voice schmoozing with shop staff and casually dropping survey level fashion knowledge you can maybe save like $20.

ig: hharrissonn
tumblr: dyetransfer.tumblr.com
hharrissonn
Look Arena Champion

Postby fun_yunchables » Thu May 05, 2016 2:20 pm

the new brain dead dsm drop was today
bummed the e-shop didn't have the tote with the f a n t a s t i c planet (proper righteous planet, lol) print, only the tee :(

coolest lame guy u'll ever meet
fun_yunchables

Postby rublev » Fri May 06, 2016 2:11 pm

rublev
Political Editor

Postby Copeland » Fri May 06, 2016 6:01 pm

wtf Thom Yorke in Rick

edit: good catch, thought the bomber looked off

Copeland

Postby trasparenti » Sat May 07, 2016 9:46 am

Last edited by trasparenti on Sun May 08, 2016 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
trasparenti
Japanese Correspondent

Postby MythicSquirrel » Sat May 07, 2016 3:27 pm

I saw this Number (n)ine backpack at a store in the Chinatown mall on a rack above anime costumes and body pillows

MythicSquirrel

Postby MythicSquirrel » Sun May 08, 2016 11:56 am

i did not buy it it felt a little thin and there was no price on it :sad:

MythicSquirrel

Postby Copeland » Mon May 09, 2016 4:28 pm

Stupid drunk rant.

As I walk around my college street I keep thinking of a phrase Fuuma used to describe a fashion blogger, "basic ameriwhite who loves Starbucks." That's pretty savage, a little racist, but fitting. Although it's quite ugly to look down on other people's cultural choices. There's no end to it and it brings up some disgusting class relationships no one likes to talk about. Something else I've always stuck by when it comes to other people's clothing is that if they're not in the game, they shouldn't be judged. So while it's fine to sneer at my fellow asian fuccbois and fashion bloggers, I try not to judge the ameriwhites decked out in LV monograms cuz they probably got that shit handed down to them and don't know any better. But I'm judging by even thinking that, and even though I want to believe that how a person dresses as little to do with their actual cultural make-up, it's usually not true.

edit: didn't mean that fuuma is mean, just that it's uncomfortable judging others

Copeland

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Thu May 12, 2016 2:47 am

about once a year i fall in love with ma-1s and consider collecting them (or at least buying a bunch of different ones from different brands)

i always dismiss the idea as kinda pointless or not worth the cost but the fact that i keep coming back to the idea means that i'll probably do it at some point

plus no one will ever wear one as well as natalie in leon the professional so really what's the point

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby Vaeltaja » Thu May 12, 2016 5:34 am

Wanna redneck? I'll do him an egg. NO SYMPY!
<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
Vaeltaja

Postby Copeland » Fri May 13, 2016 3:46 am

Talking about the mainstream GQ/Cosmo types who wear LV/Chanel cuz they have money or want to appear so but are not in or at least as much into the game as the people on fashion forums are. So while they're definitely more into clothes than people who don't care at all, they still don't care enough to be called hobbyists, and hence should probably not be judged as harshly. Though if those people start making fashion blogs and are still indiscriminately trickling down middlebrow advice then they're fair game.

I guess one can argue that noveau riche fuccbois are in the same place on a different spectrum, they look to pop stars and celebrities and maybe look at a blog once in a while but generally don't care beyond that.

Last edited by Copeland on Fri May 13, 2016 10:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Copeland

Postby bels » Fri May 13, 2016 4:25 am

What are you guys talking about.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Copeland » Fri May 13, 2016 4:26 am

idk I'm staying up to watch League of Legends MSI and getting distracted

Copeland

Postby bels » Fri May 13, 2016 5:37 am

peak times.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby alby » Fri May 13, 2016 7:02 pm

supreme X thom Browne X gap retail X 2 supreme glasses what a fiend

proof he hasn't quit the game

i'd walk a mile for a camel
alby

Postby tomsfood » Fri May 13, 2016 7:09 pm

i don't know what he's talking about, haven't been to a game since the finals of the '99 WCC (Wisconsin Curling Championship)

tomsfood
Look Arena Champion

Postby bels » Tue May 17, 2016 7:33 am

Is it true that if you reverse and pitch shift the end of "Daydreamers" you can hear Thom Yorke distinctly say "Void The Brand" ?

bels
Yung Winona

Postby rjbman » Tue May 17, 2016 8:30 pm

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby kyung » Tue May 17, 2016 8:55 pm

ribbed for ur pleasure

KIMCHI SLAP

_( :⁍ 」 )_
kyung

Postby une_impasse » Sun May 22, 2016 1:57 am

if you're in the new york area, please do yourself a favor and go to the cdg/dover street sample sale

if only for your personal health

une_impasse

Postby fun_yunchables » Tue May 24, 2016 3:58 am

Can you believe its been 2 years since cherry

coolest lame guy u'll ever meet
fun_yunchables

Postby maj » Tue May 24, 2016 4:59 am

I would like it if all dickies suddenly disappeared off the face of the earth now

And if the people who wear them with AirMax could go too that would be even better

maj

PreviousNext

Return to Tags