[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Clothes

Re: random fashion jersey bibs

Postby bels » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:50 am

Choose fashion. Choose a designer. Choose a wardrobe. Choose a skincare regime. Choose a fucking big overcoat, choose running shoes, shirts, compact cotton tees and tapered wool trousers. Choose good taste, low carbon footprint, and ethical manufacture. Choose fffixed interesting textured long coats. Choose an interview suit. Choose your look. Choose athleisurewear and matching technical sandals. Choose a three-layer shell on The Bureau in a range of fucking colours. Choose DIY and wondering how the fuck sleeves work on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting in that shell on a mind-numbing, spirit crushing commute, stuffing fucking podcasts into your brain. Choose selling it all at the end of it, flipping your last on a miserable website, nothing more than an embarrassment to the tasteless, fucked up lowballers you trained to replace yourself.

Choose your outfit.

Choose good clothes.

But why would I want to do a thing like that? I chose not to choose good clothes: I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got Maharishi by Hardy Blechman Snopants?

bels
Yung Winona

Postby jujumaster » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:39 pm

Never took no notice of 3.1 phillip lim before, has Alexander Wang syndrome of being a bit shit when it comes down to it, but the mens SS17 lookbook is nice

jujumaster

Postby ASTROCHIMP » Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:03 pm

My spirit quest for the perfect black pant continues. Got my Acne Ace Stay Cash' in today and they're just too skinny to be the perfect black pant. I do like them as a skinny jean though so I'll keep them for a bit. Might try the Max Cash next or move on to a different brand I'm not sure yet.

I'll stop wearing black when they invent a darker color.

Check out my shit tumblr.

Also consider checking out my music.

Follow me.
ASTROCHIMP

Postby Copeland » Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:51 pm

The saddle necks are really thin and easily tucked in, I don't know how they do it with thicker knits and have the trousers stay up, especially without belts as on the runway.

Copeland

Postby bels » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:05 am

bels
Yung Winona

Postby kyung » Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:26 am

#ganja

KIMCHI SLAP

_( :⁍ 」 )_
kyung

Postby jujumaster » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:18 pm

Some decent bits coming out of South Korea

Noirer

Blindness

Munsoo Kwon

87MM, all up in ur armpits

Munn

jujumaster

Postby adiabatic » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:49 am

“clothing for attractive rich people in their 20s to go to weddings in” — Zack Johnson on Vineyard Vines
adiabatic

Postby bels » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:00 am

bels
Yung Winona

Postby bels » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:34 am

unrelated anime club edit

bels
Yung Winona

Postby adiabatic » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:38 pm

dryer ball stares into the distance

“clothing for attractive rich people in their 20s to go to weddings in” — Zack Johnson on Vineyard Vines
adiabatic

Postby yoyobeat » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:55 pm

yoyobeat

Postby Julio » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:17 am

Julio

Postby nope » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:37 am

What about noted classic the half coat tuck?

nope

Postby rjbman » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:57 am

had to check and make sure we weren't in "oops"

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby Julio » Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:42 pm

see "conceptually" i could dig that—i hate that it's a coat that's been half tucked, but I could actually get behind a stupid, wonky coat that's asymmetrical; longer on one side than the other, or maybe even zip off sections at the waist (zip off only on one side versus both). granted, risky move and not for everyone, but an asymmetrical coat is ok to me?

a half-tucked shirt on the other hand, just seems... contrived.
it strikes me as an attempt to look all "oh i'm put together but don't care" when really you're not fooling anyone, we know you spent the extra minutes tucking half your shirt in and making sure the whole thing looked balanced but disheveled???? i mean, i'm yet to see *anyone* actually pull a half-tuck off

iunno, make up your mind
if you really didn't care you wouldn't tuck
or you'd tuck and run around until maybe half came untucked and you'd never bother to fix

clearly i am overthinking it

on the flipside tho am also down for asymmetrical hem shirts, by all means

TL;DR
...half-tuck seems like such a contrived styling move on shirting/but i'm down for asymmetry otherwise

Julio

Postby nope » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:23 pm

Something about the phrases "stupid", "wonky", "contrived", and "an attempt to look all 'oh i'm put together but don't care' when really you're not fooling anyone" reminds me that this magnificent half-tucked trend can be applied to footwear as well, with predictably excellent results.

One can only pray that the other trouser leg remains insouciantly unrolled.

nope

Postby bels » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:24 pm

I agree with all the above but I think I'm in the weakest possible position to accuse other people's clothes of being contrived.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Bonobonobo » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:58 pm

The way to pull off a half-tuck is to half tuck but as soon as you see someone glance at your half-tuck take a look down and then fully tuck in your half-tuck with feigned embarrassment. Fashion is part performance after all.

Bonobonobo

Postby mooncorp » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:12 pm

i always saw those as quarter tucks when it's one half of the front of shirt (or coat lol) tucked in.. how do you all feel about half tucks where the entire front is tucked and back is untucked to create a high-low effect? what are your thoughts about high-low cut things in general?

anytime i saw them, i always thought they looked really strange and awkward, but i feel like there has to be examples of a shirt/shirtdress cut that way that doesn't look weird. i'm thinking it should be something pretty structured, split hem, back needs something more interesting than just the same as the front.. maybe sacai has stuff like this? i think asymmetry is easier pulled off when it's visible from all directions, rather than looking like you're wearing a dress from the back but it turns out to be a shirt from the front.

i've done the fronttuckbackuntucked thing out of laziness a few times. and tucked all of an unbuttoned shirt because it was too long, which probably looked weird so i untucked and stuffed some parts into my pockets, also probably weird. not sure how to deal with stuff like that

(tuck tuck tuck tuck tuck)

mooncorp

Postby tomsfood » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:58 am

I like half tucks, they're contrived of course but I like contrived styling (see my suto posts lol). I like the idea of doing a half tuck and then not really giving a hoot if your half tuck becomes untucked. Maybe even better, a full tuck that degrades to a half tuck and then an untuck over the course of a long stressful day.

I've done the "only front tuck" thing a few times, with billowy shirts and skinnier/high waisted pants, I felt cute.

oh i found a pic, not a very billowy shirt but i am certainly cute

tomsfood
Look Arena Champion

Postby WussWayne » Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:15 pm

Is this what wearing ties

is like

Nightclub on a Friday
Get my Gucci on
F-f-f-firestarter
Yes, I'm in the zone
You coming on me like a player (WOOF!)
But your game's all wrong
You get your words all twisted
It's the same old song
WussWayne

Postby odradek » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:47 pm

symmetry is fucked up. nobody actually wants symmetry because it looks bad.

odradek

Postby adiabatic » Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:22 pm

adiabatic

Postby mellow » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:49 pm

okay guys i dunno why but i'm obsessing over bathrobes right now, i mean this one right here looks amazing
and this nightwear outfit from john lewis looks like it came straight out of a japanese lookbook
i know it sounds crazy but do you guys think it's acceptable to incorporate a bathrobe into an outfit, nothing as outrageous as the first robe, maybe just something made from plain cotton as opposed to terry cloth but worn with loose fitting trousers?

Last edited by mellow on Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mellow

Postby ramdomthought » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:59 pm

i wear a non-terry bathrobe all over the place all the time

highly recommend

ramdomthought

Postby une_impasse » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:31 pm

kenzo + H&M wasn't that bad in person

but i am a bad person

Last edited by une_impasse on Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
une_impasse

Postby Bonobonobo » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:52 am

saw this on mf, had to post it here

Bonobonobo

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:28 pm

my friend spent 20 minutes trying to convince me vlone was a good brand because "their stuff is cheap to produce but it resells for a lot"

hype is a disease

LA-based brands must be purged

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby jujumaster » Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:29 pm

"Ya look like a right plum, m8"

jujumaster

PreviousNext

Return to Tags