[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Clothes

Re: random fashion jersey tucks

Postby jujumaster » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:04 pm

Them Grailed flips, this sold on Too Hot Limited last week for $340. Sly bugger. :roll:

http://www.grailed.com/listings/1252221 ... Montgomery

jujumaster

Postby bels » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:04 am

can you make cash buying old stoney on ebay.it and flipping it on groiled?

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Lorcan » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:50 pm

they have these at Idea Books. Bels needs one surely?

Most of their tees are so bad (like the 'Etonian' and "I am a DJ' ones) I assume they are trying to be deliberately, ironically awful.

Lorcan

Postby jujumaster » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:53 pm

jujumaster

Postby e0d9n0b5 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:28 pm

i sure hope so otherwise my kids are NOT going to college

e0d9n0b5

Postby adiabatic » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:08 am

I was watching a guy play the new final fantasy and he went AFK while his characters were standing knee-deep in the water at the beach. I couldn't help wondering how salt water could ruin leather boots.

“clothing for attractive rich people in their 20s to go to weddings in” — Zack Johnson on Vineyard Vines
adiabatic

Postby pirxthepilot » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:40 am

marg howell moleskin chinos sold out so i've ordered M&S; pleasingly, of the 17 reviewers on their site all give their age as 65+. is this the fabled end point of fashion. or just the end

pirxthepilot

Postby posh_somme » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:23 am

today i learned about people saying their second hand items are in "supreme condition" for ultimate SEO

posh_somme

Postby pirxthepilot » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:04 pm

tried to order from m&s online, the site couldnt take my payment. ive had similar issues at boots online in the past. like i said about the media sector these companies are run by old people who have absolutely no clue about the internet. it just seems incredible in 2016 that things can be like this

pirxthepilot

Postby teck » Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:23 pm

went to Barneys for some sales and saw some vachement clothes up close for the very first time. It reinforced my belief in the elephant in the room with regards to fashion and the internet: you really have to see clothes first-hand in order to appreciate them. vachement was no different. in photos, no matter how stylized or painstakingly arranged, doesn't really capture the hand-feel, the gravity, texture, drape of the clothes. the vachement pieces were almost psychedelic, even and in particular the DHL t-shirt, which has a very strange neck that I've only seen in mushroom-fueled visuals. some of the pieces are kind of meh (sweat pants, for example) but most of them were very bizarre, almost frightening.

the point of this isn't to say that vachement is the shit but rather a) im surprised how little i really understood the clothes before i handled them and b) the brand really does seem to be striking into some original territory (which I think is actually diluted a little given the choices in graphics).

teck

Postby oucho » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:46 pm

I completely agree (about the seeing clothes in real life thing). One of the things that I think is bad about so much shopping moving online is that it makes quality slightly redundant. Every time I look on the COS website I'm like: 'Hey, COS is pretty good!', every time I go in the store I leave after 2 minutes. COS clothes don't look that different online compared to the stuff on LN-CC (compared to how different they actually are).

It massively benefits huge fast fashion chains who can put large amounts of money into shooting and retouching e-commerce photography. I have been inside COS e-commerce HQ: pristine shirts painstakingly pinned onto white polystyrene boards, it's probably a very artisanal process.

oucho

Postby jujumaster » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:11 pm

Winter goals to look like a massive toasted baguette

jujumaster

Postby alby » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:43 pm

idk why i keep buying gap t shirts. they are so thin and everytime i buy one I go "dang, this fits nice but its so thing i can see my nipples" and then i keep going back

i'd walk a mile for a camel
alby

Postby ramdomthought » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:23 pm

Embrace your nipples alby

ramdomthought

Postby ramdomthought » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:54 pm

normalize nipples by letting yours free alby

ramdomthought

Postby une_impasse » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:34 am

une_impasse

Postby ramseames » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:45 am

we thought we had lost you there for a hot minute

ramseames

Postby freddy » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:01 am

My Moncler junya down jacket is so comfy and stylish that I often fall asleep with it on

So I b steezinwhile I bsleepin which I call steezsleepin

it's not sweaty BC down is body temperature regulating even if your place has heat on blast

Last edited by freddy on Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
freddy

Postby freddy » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:19 am

Is the game over once you are grailed thefuck out? Like, what happens next?

I dunno but I'ma get there someday and report my feels back on here. !remindmegrailedthefuckoutstatus

if Grails r dumb, what do we live for then?

Last edited by freddy on Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
freddy

Postby mc-lunar » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:18 am

burglyfe update

mc-lunar

Postby ramdomthought » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:59 am

what shirts aren't easy to use

ramdomthought

Postby Bonobonobo » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:04 pm

I have a soloist shirt that took me like 10 minutes to figure out how to button because it's got three plackets and the buttons are all on different plackets and there are hidden extra buttons and fake buttonholes and one of the buttons you have to button the reverse way oh god

Bonobonobo

Postby adiabatic » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:56 pm

“clothing for attractive rich people in their 20s to go to weddings in” — Zack Johnson on Vineyard Vines
adiabatic

Postby jujumaster » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:57 pm

jujumaster

Postby ramseames » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:34 pm

Apres ski is a universally used term for anything you do in the afternoon/evening after a day of skiing in a resort town

Having nylon in them is probably a durability/stretch thing, vicuna wool has very fine fibers. It's also really $$$, even in raw form:

https://www.pascuali.de/en/vicuna-100-v ... n/a-60816/

they're expensive but so is real estate in telluride/st Moritz/Whistler

I don't find these nearly as egregious as like, $600 cotton tees say

ramseames

Postby jujumaster » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:11 pm

flaxsisters for 5 grand I want to hear the thoughts of them 6 Vicuna shaved for my sweatpants like when Homer gets Snake's hair transplanted.

jujumaster

Postby bels » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:15 pm

Apres ski is the social component to ski holidays where you like drink schnapps with other people in your rarified social sphere

bels
Yung Winona

Postby costanza » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:28 pm

I've come to what I believe is a nice realization over the last couple of days. It's probably something some of you have thought about before but the ideas connecting it got me to worked up not to share it.

I assembled this belt a couple of weeks back that can be found in the . And then a few weeks later I made a cross body strap which I've been using as a belt since. They both share the attribute of not securing the belt in the orthodox hole meets pin fashion, and these 'new' ways were pretty nice in my mind. Then a few days ago I remembered a bunch of stuff Don Norman speaks on in his 'The Design of Everyday Things', at least I think it's from there but I can't find the passage right now. He talks about how when something is designed really well it becomes so natural that it's solution becomes the standard execution of that type of object.

A good example is a spoon, it has a handle and a small bowl. All spoons look like this, it's what makes a spoon a spoon. But the same goal could be achieved with a very small bowl, but this is impractical and a spoon is very practical so that's why it looks the way it looks (actually now that I think about it this might come from Louis Kahn).

Anyway getting to my point is that a belt is also a good example of this.A belt will generally be a punch holed strap and a buckle with the classical pin in it. But this is not the only way to make a belt. And when I say make a belt I mean the essence of the belt, the tightening-and-securing-of-pants-function of the belt. Most belts look like this because it's a very practical way to secure a belt. But you can secure belts in as many ways as we can collectively conceive of. Some of them are bound to be extremly bad but I refuse to believe that he only good belt has a hole and a pin. This limits what a belt can be.

This is starting to sound like a belt is the best thing in the world, but the point I want to make is that this goes for all garments. If we identify the essences of a garment or whatever really and think about how it can be executed differently there are bound to exist interesting solutions. I believe some good design challenges those automated concepts we have of how something should function and look. There is a Swiss contemporary architect named Pascal Flammer whose lecture I attended when he was in Sweden. In his lecture he explained how he wants to avoid the automatisms that we have in the building industry. He wants to question every decision he makes and see if the conclusion he comes to is interesting due to approaching the problem in a previously glossed over way.

This goes for clothes too, be it how a belt is secured, how a dress is cut or even how something is worn we should think about how it can be done in new ways to push ourselves forward culturally, functionally, whateverly. I don't believe the belts I've made are revolutionary, the one in the DIY thread isn't even working properly, but I think this idea of actively questioning our own automatisms about clothes is something really essential to get forward.

Thoughts?

costanza

Postby rublev » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:33 pm

rublev
Political Editor

Postby adiabatic » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:49 pm

adiabatic

PreviousNext

Return to Tags