[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Clothes

Re: random fashion jersey tucks

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:51 am

i feel like a womenswear brand that does for the contemporary sorority girl style what thom browne did for the trad/schoolboy jizz would be insanely popular

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:18 am

that buzz bissinger article about his deranged gucci addiction is the single greatest piece of writing on fashion. nothing else even comes close

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby vice » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:37 am

i wear navy blue like it’s black and the year is 2014

vice

Postby swampblood » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:17 am

Selling Supreme on any website is literally just an excericse in having users named HypeJohn98 messaging you and asking if you can hold said item until Friday.

swampblood

Postby e0d9n0b5 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:05 pm

e0d9n0b5

Postby Eddie » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:21 pm

Eddie

Postby Julio » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:02 am

i *finally* found a comme shirt blazer in a nice blue for a really good price. lovely piece. some echoes of ~*d e c o n s t r u c t i o n*~ as it's been cut across the midpoints of approximately the clavicles, moved inward a bit, and then reattached with some excess fabric past the new seams that's fraying in a nice way. also means the hem has this quietly staggered effect and all of the pockets have gotten narrower and divided into twos. did i mention it has the absolutely necessary lapel button to close at the neckline? so good.

except my shoulders are too wide for it
and thus i will have to sell.

R I P

update: passed it to a friend and it looks much better on him. is a nice feeling in its own right

Last edited by Julio on Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Julio

Postby _Organism » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:10 pm

is noah nyc better or worse if your name is noah, or is it neither?

_Organism

Postby ramdomthought » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:13 pm

ramdomthought

Postby fun_yunchables » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:12 pm

i thought i was being snarky and sarcastic when i posted but look where we are now...

coolest lame guy u'll ever meet
fun_yunchables

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:20 am

i want vachement to make a pepe the frog tshirt just to see how people would react

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby kickingthefly » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:56 pm

hedi to celine :cry: . i always found his exclusive fetishization of skinny white youth creepy ( this from someone who wore all DH in 2003). how come there's no backlash against that whole fucking 'boy safari' thing?? spose he's such a reliable earner for all these conglomerate brandz.

kickingthefly

Postby khayandhi » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:44 am

I just sold a bunch of Margaret Howell on Ebay and got a buyer message with "could you just drop it all off at the [CAMBRIDGE COLLEGE] porters' lodge instead of posting it?" and if that doesn't perfectly encapsulate the target market for Margaret Howell I honestly don't know what does

khayandhi

Postby can- » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:58 am

best internet jean of all time?

max cash?

70s jean with blue stitching?

19 centimeter?

can-

Postby jrisk » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:57 am

what is an internet jean?

jrisk

Postby mahi-mahi » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:48 am

mahi-mahi

Postby bels » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:05 pm

APC Petit Standard

bels
Yung Winona

Postby hharrissonn » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:55 am

Neutral Uniforms for Olympic Athletes of Russia kind of go hard lmao

ig: hharrissonn
tumblr: dyetransfer.tumblr.com
hharrissonn
Look Arena Champion

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:18 am

is it bad that i just realized that the guy that makes apc jeans' name is also jean

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:04 am

i want a designer to do an ultra-luxe upmarket version of the kaepernick jersey

if jerry lorenzo did that i would actually have to give him props

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby WussWayne » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:51 am

Matching undies to sneaks is next level

Nightclub on a Friday
Get my Gucci on
F-f-f-firestarter
Yes, I'm in the zone
You coming on me like a player (WOOF!)
But your game's all wrong
You get your words all twisted
It's the same old song
WussWayne

Postby posh_somme » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:28 pm

is diet_prada fair to be calling out rip-off artists or do people with less disposable income deserve a chance at wearing high fashion? are the REAL rip-off artists the ones charging $$$$$$ for a bag? do you mostly agree with diet_prada but find the sassy elitist tone to be unbearable, dahling?

i personally am not a fan of when a small independent designer gets ripped off by some instagram celeb with a label/zara but could care less if gucci ss12/13 gets copied by someone else

i used to work with someone who hated topshop and zara for bringing high fashion to the high street purely from the perspective that it made her feel like fashion has become more democratised and less elite which i personally think is a good thing. i don’t personally really like a lot of what’s on most of the high street right now but i love that it seems to be a bit more experimental and less bad than it was even a few years ago

posh_somme

Postby kickingthefly » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:26 am

sorry to the trousers-named-after-philosophers crew but gucci has beaten you at your own game here, donna haraway is way hotter rn than plato/schopenhauer

https://www.theguardian.com/fashion/201 ... shion-week

kickingthefly

Postby WussWayne » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:51 am

I dunno why the tendency to homogenize among fashion people bothers me. Or I guess herd behavior is just the natural way of things. Not that I'm immune just a drunk wanker

Nightclub on a Friday
Get my Gucci on
F-f-f-firestarter
Yes, I'm in the zone
You coming on me like a player (WOOF!)
But your game's all wrong
You get your words all twisted
It's the same old song
WussWayne

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:43 pm

i was actually thinking about the same thing a little while ago – specifically in looking at SLP/FoG/off-white instragram streetwear dudes – and my current theory is that if everyone likes the same brands, it gives them a standardized baseline upon which they can evaluate the quality of people's fits

if i'm wearing like brioni and canali, a guy who's into FoG probably doesn't have a reference point on which he can base an evaluation of my fit, but if everyone's wearing the same five brands it becomes really easy to judge people's tastes and individual fits

trying to evaluate the "quality" of someone's style is a fucking stupid waste of time, but obviously people do it – especially now that instagram can quantify other people's enjoyment of your style through likes and follower counts.

or maybe people just want to belong to something larger than themselves, but that's a topic i'm unprepared to address

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby popcorn » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:30 pm

i stop being a teen in 1 hour, which is lame because i never even got to wear any supreme

popcorn

Postby rjbman » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:48 pm

found tha mother fucking gold mine right here

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby rjbman » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:53 am

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:46 pm

the representational distance between jerry lorenzo's clothes and his christian faith is really funny to me because it sort of reframes fear of god from being a boilerplate "high-end streetwear" brand to like the clothing equivalent of the "cool" sunday school teacher who sits backwards in his chair to "rap" with the kids about Jesus

honestly if FoG amped up the evangelical element and introduced more overt christian themes into the clothing i would actually think the brand is something interesting, instead of just ripping off other streetwear "references"

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:53 pm

way more brands need to make blankets/duvet covers! it's like the simplest pattern possible and it's the one piece of fabric that you use for like 1/3rd of your life. bless really had the right idea with their bedding stuff and it's mind-boggling to me that other brands aren't doing similar stuff

brands that should be doing blankets/duvets:
- kapital (if they don't already have a quilt out that's a major oversight, doesn't a lot of their stuff already incorporate quilt-inspired patchwork elements)
- uc (esp the ss10 water camo or a big borremans print)
- sisp big loom jacquard
- cav empt, preferably with some goofy baudrillard quote relating to sleep

who else should be doing bedding? lmk

CheerUpBrokeBoy

PreviousNext

Return to Tags