[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - I don't know what I want (Buyer's guide)

I don't know what I want (Buyer's guide)

Clothes

Re: I don't know what I want (Buyer's guide)

Postby Stolsdos » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:10 pm

So I'm stuck between these and these price is the same. I know they're quite a bit different but it's either or for me, unless I magically gained another 120 in my pocket(I still wouldn't buy both but w/e).
Edit: actually does anyone know if those eytys come with the waxed black laces?

Stolsdos

Postby Stolsdos » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:45 pm

Stolsdos

Postby bataille » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:07 pm

I ordered this jacket (https://akindofguise.com/product/bagsh- ... dark-navy/) and they sent me this one (https://akindofguise.com/product/burged ... dark-navy/) instead!! And now the first one is sold out! Should I ask for a refund or accept this as a happy accident?

bataille

Postby Morlin » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:11 pm

which parkas have "stealth pockets" (is there a name for them)--little slanted openings under the bottom pockets you can stick your hands in sideways? like

edit they're called handwarmer pockets in case anyone was wondering

i love them so much

Last edited by Morlin on Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I think that it is not. Cowichan, etc., If you prefer a thick knit, how about you? It is cool there is atmosphere!
Morlin

Postby trichomatic » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:18 am

Considering between the following:

trichomatic

Postby soz » Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:32 pm

Mid-heavyweight shirts with pockets like this?

This one is from Tender but is pretty far out of my price range, thanks.

soz

Postby MxmHrpr » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:07 pm

Looking for some classic running sneaks, though I'm a little fussy. Essentially the Nike Deconstruct's with:

- Light-Mid Grey Suede all over, no mesh.
- No or very minimal branding
- Tread on sole for winter
- Not too chunky

Any where I should be looking?

MxmHrpr

Postby trichomatic » Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:41 pm

Update re: shoes
After actually trying on all these I've decided to go with the superstars and slips.
FTC is really cool too but for the same price I could get both of the above and I feel like my cons fill a similar role to the ftc
Pics coming soon

trichomatic

Postby Copeland » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:45 pm

I'm looking for a pair of black derbies and I have wide feet. I tried on Rafs and they were half a size too long. I found a used pair one size down that have purportedly been "worn once" for a decent price. Meanwhile there's a pair of new Dries I bookmarked that just went to 60% off and cheaper than the Rafs. The Rafs look a bit better, I like the shape more. The Dries are okay, I was told they fit narrow, but leather will stretch. They also come in the half size that's my true size. The third option is a pair of Solovairs. They would be the best value and would also save me the topy cost. I have a pair of MHLxSolovair boots and the construction seem solid. They're not as hip, but have a wider last.

Pics:

Copeland

Postby nick » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:15 pm

Why not DM 1461s? You can get them without the yellow contrast stitching. If not, then the Solovairs, but I've never had any problem with Dr Martens + they're cut wide!

nick
Eminent Eminem

Postby pirxthepilot » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:00 am

my feet are pretty wide and rafs sized down one fit me quite well. (i have a slight problem with the vamp (?) pressing on my forefoot, but think this should loosen up with wear). might be worth trying the pair you're looking at, definitely my favourite shoe

pirxthepilot

Postby Francks » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:46 am

Should I keep these? Got a pair of beige track shoes already.

And the other one I have

Convergentalternatives.tumblr.com
Francks

Postby Francks » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:01 am

do you say to get rid of them because I have another pair in beige, or it wouldn't matter if I had only these black ones?

Francks

Postby bels » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:44 am

Because you have two pairs. The black ones are pretty cromulent on their own.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby djwildchina » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:29 pm

Can't decide between -

A.

or

B.

help me out!

djwildchina

Postby RomanEmpire » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:07 pm

Similarly, how do eytys fit, tts?

RomanEmpire

Postby Copeland » Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:42 am

COS jogging trousers? Not usually a fan of sweatpant trousers nor ribbed elastic cuffs but they seem comfortable and go with a bunch of stuff.

or Schneider trousers, elastic waistband but regular hem

Copeland

Postby Julio » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:17 am

i've been wanting af1s or any such chunky sneaker option lately; this exact model would be easiest to get but those stars on the heel kind of throw me off. iunno overall. think it's alright but also????

Julio

Postby swampblood » Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:19 pm

Looking for options similar to this sandro T shirt that's sold out, I have turtlenecks but ideally looking for something to lay under a button down so a little bit lighter.

swampblood

Postby thecanadiancook » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:04 am

yay or nay? Number (n) bondage trousers

edit: nvm, just going to pass on them

Victim to the Diderot effect // //
thecanadiancook

Postby michaelmao » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:59 pm

what are some white shoes i could buy besides stans, vans, eytys, converse, superstars, and the like?

all for some nice cap toe shoes that aren't converse! been on the hunt for some white cap toe doeks but they seem to be sold out everywhere and completely absent from the secondhand market.

michaelmao

Postby BIGBEE » Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:38 pm

want some sneakers that are approximately the same chunkiness as my story shoes
2 options...
look like i'm living in 2006
or become full supreme

BIGBEE

Postby bels » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:48 pm

The second a thousand times. The first shoes are a wack ass re release and therefore conceptually weak.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby lyysander » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:11 pm

I've been on the hunt for a pair of heavily-tapered non-denim trousers for a while. I'm thinking along the lines of many of the SISP SS16 and And Wander SS16 pieces. Fokken's cargo joggers also come to mind, as do Snowman's… well, pretty much all of his pants.

My problem is I really can't drop more than $100 with my budget as tight as it is. Any suggestions?

lyysander

Postby RomanEmpire » Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:38 pm

Ok so I actually want pink vans and I have a $25 coupon to Zappos. Maybe it's just the "palewave" hype getting to me but that's ok. So someone please help me pick between these two.

RomanEmpire

Postby mahi-mahi » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:23 pm

http://www.endclothing.com/us/brands/a- ... 03-wh.html I want this kind of very badly but it's stupid expensive.

mahi-mahi

Postby pirxthepilot » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:20 am

peir shirt on SF looks really good! is that from AW 16?

pirxthepilot

Postby Francks » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:31 am

Thanks!
Yes I didn't update my message but I did find what I was looking for from Peir. It is from ss16 (she has some left in the studio and the collection will be avail at HN beginning of April)

I don't think aw16 is available yet. Preorders just went live so delivery will take at least 3 months

Francks

Postby lotion » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:57 am

anntian velvet 'fake jeans'
i try to own different textures but have intentionally skipped velvet. this would give me an excuse :razz:

lotion

Postby pirxthepilot » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:01 am

yeah i saw the HN thing on her instagram, that's good for her. i rarely visit HN but the mix of brands is always quite odd- i get the feeling the buyers try to smuggle in things they like (MMM, dries, rick, now peir) amidst what sells to their clientele- wealthy young bankers and ashley cole types.
so the shirt is dark navy? i want something that will go with black trou.

Last edited by pirxthepilot on Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
pirxthepilot

PreviousNext

Return to Tags