[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Clothes

Re: ramdom fashion thoughts

Postby bels » Fri May 16, 2014 3:35 am

bels
Yung Winona

Postby stappard_ » Fri May 16, 2014 10:18 am

watch out for the mesh trousers at 1:30

stappard_

Postby rublev » Fri May 16, 2014 11:21 am

Colin at Our Legacy has always been really nice over email (i think he's Scottish and we have similar surnames so maybe it's a tribal thing) and after i emailed him he managed to find one of those blue tunics and the paper sweat in a Swedish store and then set them up for me to buy through the site :woop:

I hope they fit. It feels good though cos i realised that the shitty stuff i bought from Zara and H&M i sent back pretty much paid for both of them. Or maybe more like 1.5 of them. But i still know what i'd rather have...

Sad news though cos i realised i slept too long on those Camper sandals :((((((( they gone

rublev
Political Editor

Postby alby » Fri May 16, 2014 11:49 am

I wore my jeans today ignoring the fact that they had a 5mm hole in the crotch. hole is now quarter size :(

i'd walk a mile for a camel
alby

Postby JonjoShelvey » Fri May 16, 2014 7:18 pm

dr serizawa looked extremely cool in the new godzilla

JonjoShelvey

Postby BobbyZamora » Fri May 16, 2014 8:40 pm

i bought an item on grailed, it arrived, and did not fit me. It's a nice designer piece, in pretty good condition- something I would definitely keep if it was the right size. I went and listed it back on Grailed for roughly same price I paid. The first offer I got was a lowball offer (less than half of what I listed it for). I knocked down my price by $15 and offered him that deal. He responded with:

"Well it is still a used item.. The more it changes hands the more the value drops."

what do you guys think? Does an item lose value just because it changes hands, even if it doesn't get any more wear? How do you define the value of a used garment?

B)
BobbyZamora

Postby CleanThug » Fri May 16, 2014 8:56 pm

definitely not, that's some manipulative bullshit.

A garment is still a garment, no matter how many times it's changed hands. especially if it wasnt even worn after being sold!

I agree with ramdom for the most part

CleanThug

Postby ramseames » Fri May 16, 2014 9:03 pm

dudes just being a cheapass

ramseames

Postby ramdomthought » Fri May 16, 2014 9:23 pm

whether or not the garment changes hands doesn't need to matter.

"the person who holds the garment sets the value. if another person comes up with criteria that causes the value to be below the seller's value, then clearly the person won't sell it"

ramdomthought

Postby exprof » Sat May 17, 2014 1:19 pm

exprof

Postby HeavenResign » Sat May 17, 2014 1:37 pm

even if you bought into/agreed with his statement knocking $15 off asking price is more than fair for whatever "wear" you put onto it. at that point he's just being cheap

HeavenResign

Postby schiaparelli » Sat May 17, 2014 1:41 pm

i've held off on pulling the trigger on 3 separate pairs of overalls
damn it exprof the temptation is even greater now

schiaparelli

Postby exprof » Sat May 17, 2014 1:42 pm

Also: my favourite bag is a 5$ made in america canvas tote my art supply store sells

exprof

Postby rjbman » Sat May 17, 2014 5:16 pm

Someone should start a suiting company called Birthday.

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby vgtbls » Sat May 17, 2014 10:11 pm

Thanks to Google+ you can see me get indecisive about shoes and turn towards the sun like a blossoming flower

vgtbls

Postby weqe » Sat May 17, 2014 11:37 pm

Damn I want some Warriors but my huge feet make it impossible, crushing.

[{[*#~&< /BLEH |BLEH| BLEH\ >&~#*]}]
weqe

Postby vgtbls » Sun May 18, 2014 12:28 am

vgtbls

Postby odradek » Sun May 18, 2014 2:04 am

"from behind, you look like a vietnamese peasant."

odradek

Postby freddy » Sun May 18, 2014 3:55 am

tonight for me, it was a slew of:

"oh my god" amazed-reaction from a girl with a date heading to the escalator (some townie suburban folks)
"you wear some crazy outfit bro"
"nice shorts!" (you know it)
"jackie chan!" -- obligatory

and the other night with the same shit

"... oOOoO i like them short shorts, you've got nice legs" (thanks!)

freddy

Postby eskdc » Sun May 18, 2014 9:58 am

Wellp, found a new avatar while browsing eBay today. This is from an auction for pony hair Geobaskets

MMM, dat ASMR doe

Large version:

eskdc

Postby greggy » Sun May 18, 2014 11:17 am

To kinda continur the topic from last page - do you guys engage in reselling things a lot? I'd imagine those with higher wardrobe turnover do but what about purely buying in order to make a profit? If you snag an item for cheap is it appropriate to resell at "real" price, etc.

greggy

Postby eskdc » Sun May 18, 2014 11:28 am

Definitely done that before. I don't think there's necessarily anything wrong with it as long as you're not shuffling things around within a community like this one. Buying from one user and reselling to another is a nono, because it's a community built on trust. I've definitely bought stuff from eBay before and resold on fashion websites because the eBay seller just did not know what they had (copped a Supreme backpack and Dogs and Ducks jacket, as well as a penfield, for something like $200 shipped total, which is fucking ridiculous. Sold the Penfield and backpack for 50% and 100% profit, so I basically got the Dogs and Ducks for free)

EDIT: Ok, bad example. I'm just saying there's nothing wrong with shuffling things that are not visible in one market to another. I've definitely proxied things for a loss before, and sold thrift store finds for a huge profit. I'm no altruist, but I'm not an asshole either. I always sell at the fair price.

Last edited by eskdc on Sun May 18, 2014 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eskdc

Postby Bootz_Rex » Sun May 18, 2014 11:38 am

I would feel awful about picking something up only to resell it for more. I would rather let someone who would wear it/like it buy it for cheap in the first place.

Bootz_Rex

Postby smiles » Sun May 18, 2014 11:44 am

I sell stuff fairly often and I think I've only made a profit two times. But I've never got something for the express purpose of reselling it.

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby RomanEmpire » Sun May 18, 2014 11:59 am

What about if you bought something for cheap, with the intention of keeping it, but it didn't fit or you didn't like it. So you decide to sell it, but you bought it for less than its actual value. Do you sell it for the price that you bought, or for what you think it's actual value is?

RomanEmpire

Postby can- » Sun May 18, 2014 12:10 pm

if you have the market acumen to resell things for profit i don't see anything wrong with that, you're being rewarded for a skill set like any other trade. I don't troll forums B+S but I've bought stuff on consignment and yoox bc I knew I could easily flip it for profit.

can-

Postby maj » Sun May 18, 2014 12:35 pm

buying stuff from thrift shops, irl consignments or tkmaxx and flipping them online for a profit that's a service, i'd even say buying stuff off yoox/rak with dodgy pictures which requires dealing with import handling and proxies, re-photographing and providing accurate measurements is a service also. but when you're selling me what i saw 2 weeks ago on another forum or western online retailer/auction site for an additional charge and asking me to pay the paypal fees you can fuck right off. the people operating in those circles and looking to buy from places like sufu or sf are the sorts already browsing every community driven marketplace, to act like your providing a service for selling it under a different username is silly.

maj

Postby eskdc » Sun May 18, 2014 12:36 pm

eskdc

Postby can- » Sun May 18, 2014 12:46 pm

whys it gotta be a service? get ur cream up

can-

Postby schiaparelli » Sun May 18, 2014 12:47 pm

and the award for most inane francophile-fetishistic fashion blog headline for the day goes to the cut:
""

red lipstick for 2014. revolutionary. ladies, take note~

schiaparelli

PreviousNext

Return to Tags