[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - We don't run on this high street; we run this high street

We don't run on this high street; we run this high street

Clothes

Re: We don't run on this high street; we run this high stree

Postby bobo77 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:48 pm

On MFA there's a bit of a backlash to CDBs and the CDB support circle, as far as I've seen. Even when they're recommended, it's with a lot of qualms and how they shouldn't be the last shoe you buy and whatever.

bobo77

Postby jrisk » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:50 pm

suede desert boots are still pretty cool

jrisk

Postby zayg » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:15 am

my best friend has a pair of suede desert boots and i must say, they're a billion times cooler and much more relevant and just age so much better as well

zayg

Postby RomanEmpire » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:31 am

Suede is always best

RomanEmpire

Postby bels » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:19 am

Uniqlo's new Indigo collection is in.

Wonder what the fit is like on those "loose taper fit" jeans. Could be very cool... maybe? Cheapo pocket tees too.

http://www.uniqlo.com/uk/store/clothing ... -blue/men/

bels
Yung Winona

Postby vgtbls » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:46 am

Wow, so they changed the name from Pure Blue Japan to Indigo Blue. At least they realized they fucked that up. Someone here bought those loose taper fits... show yourself!

vgtbls

Postby harmsalmon » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:57 pm

highly recommend these Uniqlo "Light Comfort Jackets" on sale for $50 in-store and online.

just picked one up at the store on 5th ave and it's really great. construction actually is surprisingly solid unlike some other qlo outerwear I've handled, and the outer shell is this badass poly/nylon blend that gives it that coveted snow-pants-swishiness factor and also makes it water resistant. was wearing it on college tours today in Boston and stayed remarkably dry despite the brief downpours. I love it to death already.

harmsalmon

Postby rublev » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:03 pm

just copped the loose taper and a couple of the sweats... will report back on tuesday

rublev
Political Editor

Postby Ques » Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:53 pm

part of me really wants this from uniqlo:

the intense over-exposure i receive to fleece on a daily basis is leading me down a rabbit hole

Ques

Postby harmsalmon » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:50 pm

I sized tts, it's not very slim and the sleeves run a tad long so if you're into that "trendy" slim-cropped-blazer look you could probably size down. ofc recommend checking uniqlo's thorough-as-always sizing charts before any decision making though.

harmsalmon

Postby tomsfood » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:08 pm

why would you size down to look like a slimntrendy when you could size up and look like a yeti?

really though that fleece material is quite unattractive in person in my opinion, other uniqlo fleeces seemed much nicer (though had less character obviously).

tomsfood
Look Arena Champion

Postby ynnrz » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:22 am

ynnrz

Postby maj » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:24 am

Bald fade

Jd Wind breaker

Skinny light wash pinrolled

Airmax/ roshe/ adidas football

maj

Postby bels » Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:06 pm

Did some Haloween related shopping today.

Has someone else noticed these Primark x Common Projects?

This sweat makes identification easy:

I thought this guy at the check out was pretty inspo. Shorts, white socks pulled up, grey vans, tourquise polo shirt buttoned to the top, burgu harrington, talking shit with his mate in full sports direct regalia.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby popcorn » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:01 pm

I'm kinda just amazed at how easily they copied nearly every visual detail of Common Projects. The weird part is the rift between people who frequent Primark and people who might know what Common Projects are. Do they have anything in place to avoid being sued for selling Cheap Primarks Ajax Lows?

popcorn

Postby mc-lunar » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:34 pm

not gonna pretend i know shit about common projects legal strategies but my guess is that CP figures that the people who will purchase £15 leather trainers are not the people who will buy £300 leather trainers and the cost of suing/hiring lawyers/all that shit is more hassle than it'd be worth since it's not like they're losing any purchases.

mc-lunar

Postby yourdad » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:07 pm

pretty sure they wouldn't be able to do anything anyways. i don't believe there are trademarks or copyrights for clothing outside of brand logos and maybe proprietary fabrics. as long as they change at least one thing, you can't really do anything about it.

yourdad

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:57 am

Also CP didn't invent that design.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby Bryan » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:17 pm

Decided to take a look at the A.Wang + H&M stuff on the H&M Website today and the product shots make the pieces look like absolute rubbish compared to the promo shots or whatever.

http://www.hm.com/us/wangxhm#men

originally planned to cop the leather jacket, print sweater (not the WANG one) and windbreaker but they look awful now (go into quick look)

what be ye thoughts fellow care-tagians?

P.S leather high tops look especially awful

wya
Bryan

Postby verilyvert » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:06 am

Visited Victoria BC twice in the last couple of months, and noticed that had a distinctly looking EG piece.

Sitka Drifter Shirt

Engineered Garments Work Shirt

Now it seems one thing to be making similar items based off of mutural workwear flintstone , but quite another to almost duplicate someone else's pocket patterns. That said if you like the EG look but can't get it, there is always this. The Sitka shirt was $40 at the promotions I saw.

This one is not as bad a copy, but Sitka also had this apron ($60 during promotion)

which is reminiscent of other EG aprons,

or these aprons,
ImageImage

Of course these are more varied than the shirt designs, and could be taking their cues from actual trades' aprons rather than each other, but somehow I doubt that is entirely the case. Curious to see how this sort of workwear aspect of Sitka fits in with the rest of their skater and surfer branding. In the meantime we can all pull up a chair, pour ourselves a drink, and watch as EG designs (aprons included) begin to hit the mainstream.

verilyvert

Postby can- » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:11 pm

the cigarette pocket combo is not an EG original.

can-

Postby can- » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:21 pm

muji ruined one of the greatest shirts of all time this season when the bio-chemois button up was iterated to have a flat / French front placket instead of good old double stitched.

can-

Postby rublev » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:09 am

rublev
Political Editor

Postby rublev » Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:18 pm

COS trousers that sold out in every size in less than a week :(

"A loose, straight shape, these wide-leg trousers have a folded pleat along the front and partially elasticated waistband. Tapering slightly towards the ankle, they have slanted front pockets, welt back pockets and a classic zip fly fastening."

pics

tried in store today but they didn't have them. the girl kept saying 'are they these' after showing me another pair of wool trousers... i think she thought i just fancied some wool trousers even though i kept saying 'they wide legged with a folded pleat... no, they don't have a drawstring.... no they don't have elasticated hems...' etc

rublev
Political Editor

Postby tomsfood » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:12 pm

As always Gap is full of gold at the moment (kinda). These are all things worth your money (during a 40 percent off code sale ofc) that I have personally tried on and verified (professionally certified gap reviewer so you can trust me).

This jacket is awesome if you size up (always gotta size up at gap smh). If you want like the big rick parka look two sizes up will be awesome but the liner will be unwearable on its own.

This jacket I actually just bought as my winter jacket, sized up one and got the "tall" version. It's dope but sleeves are wayyyyy too long so gotta get them shortened at some point. It's very warm.

These three blazers have the same cut and are have a nice casual cut. Only size up if you have wide shoulders cause the shoulders are a tiny bit wide. EG on a budget right here

The new "Standard Taper" fit is pretty much the ideal cut of jeans, unfortunately all the washes they have in it at the moment are garbage. Hopefully they come out with a black wash or something better than what they have now.

Also you will all be happy to hear that gap finally responded to givenchy's rottweiler with their own animal mascot, which I do say is more ferocious.

tomsfood
Look Arena Champion

Postby ramseames » Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:21 am

""be better than the gap"

-ryry "

-xxstevexx

ramseames

Postby maj » Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:50 am

maj

Postby bels » Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:51 am

In COS' defence, when you assert every possible permutation of the bomber jacket, your results are going to contain a couple that have already been hit upon.

COS is to bomber jackets what Nike is to trainer design.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby popcorn » Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:21 pm

popcorn

Postby tomsfood » Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:15 pm

tall stuff just has longer arms and longer overall length for tops (at least it's that way for the jacket I got idk if all items are like that)

tomsfood
Look Arena Champion

PreviousNext

Return to Tags