[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Clothes

Re: random fashion thoughts

Postby ramseames » Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:14 pm

my WM pants have this but only slightly

don't really notice it at all when they're unrolled or cuffed 2x or more, just with one fold.

they're also tapered only on the front of the leg (the rear panel of the pant is the same width the whole way down)

ramseames

Postby bleeker » Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:22 pm

What is the general consensus on patches on jackets? Can it be well done or does it look tacky? Does it depend on the type of patch?
I have a denim jacket and some embroidered patches and I'd like to hear some opinions on whether it might clash with patterns in an outfit or anything else you guys think of

bleeker

Postby JonjoShelvey » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:12 am

as long as they're not burzum patches

JonjoShelvey

Postby evilfriends » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:56 am

And avoid edgy cliche stuff like idk Unknown Pleasures patches or something.

Last edited by evilfriends on Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
evilfriends

Postby bels » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:20 am

bels
Yung Winona

Postby dull » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:21 am

do you guys think your style ever hits a peak? or does your personal style just progress forever. i feel like my style is getting ever so slowly better, partly because im getting more money but also because of the amount of time i spent reading all these internet forums

dull

Postby Syeknom » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:39 am

Progression is a false concept. Style/dressing yourself doesn't advance from "bad" to "good" but is more complexly representative of your engagement with clothing and how you choose to present yourself to the world. Deeper engagement with the subject may well increase your enjoyment of it and maybe conform well to some people's views of "good" style but this isn't the same as progressing towards an objective Good state. What some people (e.g. THE INTERNET, your crew, a subculture, your office) find good others won't. What you enjoy might be poorly received but of immense personal satisfaction. What you enjoy in 2015 might (will) be laughable to you in 2020. How you dress and your "style" is simply your own relationship to clothing, in context, at a moment in time. Measuring it outside of this is flawed and place weight on ideas that are pretty lame ("I don't dress well enough", "laffo that guy dresses badly", "need to keep spending to dress Better and advance up the ladder of fashion").

Syeknom

Postby bels » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:08 pm

Worrying about subjective criteria is a waste of time. Far better to concentrate on practical, objective, quantifiable issues. Like who is the toughest person on care-tags?

bels
Yung Winona

Postby maj » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:29 pm

i think i'd beat u bela as when you get there you'll realize your bike doesn't match your outfit and skulk off home.

maj

Postby bels » Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:06 pm

Fit battle me you little shit. Then we'll see if fashion is subjective or objective.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby RomanEmpire » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:21 pm

I just want it to be cool enough to wear black jeans everyday again

RomanEmpire

Postby hamburgerlady » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:22 pm

i feel like raw cut-off ankle denim/cut-off bottom t-shirts are sick.
club collar shirts are also sick.

hamburgerlady

Postby thecanadiancook » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:01 pm

Victim to the Diderot effect // //
thecanadiancook

Postby hamburgerlady » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:11 pm

hamburgerlady

Postby iralanwitnuk » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:13 pm

I find it interesting that the only people in my school who are interested in fashion to some degree are immersed in the slp-esque aesthetic with their Chelsea boots and skinny jeans and loose tops

"Let's all buy Birkenstocks and go hug some trees"
iralanwitnuk

Postby JonjoShelvey » Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:33 pm

why do you find that interesting

JonjoShelvey

Postby gustavobradley » Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:05 pm

Last edited by gustavobradley on Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
https://instagram.com/deadlvng // haelegen.tumblr.com
gustavobradley

Postby Cowboy » Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:54 pm

Cowboy

Postby iralanwitnuk » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:40 pm

"Let's all buy Birkenstocks and go hug some trees"
iralanwitnuk

Postby Blastoise » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:51 pm

You could say that about any aesthetic.

Blastoise

Postby Suquida » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:01 pm

No see the ones True Fashion People Like Us like aren't mainstream and are actually nuanced and we're immune to trends and don't only like them because they're popular you see

Suquida

Postby tomsfood » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:16 pm

The real secret is to be far enough behind the trends that no one would actually suspect you are following the trends, that's my evil plan at least

(this strategy stolen directly from the gap outlet employee handbook)

tomsfood
Look Arena Champion

Postby maj » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:20 pm

openingn fashion thoughts and seeing slp talk is like finding a Gael clichy in my match attax

Where all my rare awkward trends spots at at

if you spot a shiney llb shirt I'll trade you my man of the match crocs

maj

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:02 pm

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby alby » Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:07 pm

i'd walk a mile for a camel
alby

Postby kyung » Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:18 am

- ernest hemingway

KIMCHI SLAP

_( :⁍ 」 )_
kyung

Postby RomanEmpire » Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:41 am

Most of the fashion oriented people on my campus are usually streetwear oriented. So I've seen a dude with visvim fbts and a top knot. Also saw another dude with a raf x ruby sterling t shirt. There's also this guy that wears a lot of supreme and palace, seems like a pretty cool guy actually

RomanEmpire

Postby ramseames » Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:28 pm

ramseames

Postby Stolsdos » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:20 am

Stolsdos

Postby kyung » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:35 am

@nyc'ers

KIMCHI SLAP

_( :⁍ 」 )_