[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Clothes

Re: random fashion thoughts

Postby twins » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:11 pm

i've really been digging more mainstream fashion.

i dont know, i havent been as into internet fashion as i used to be and i'm really digging the kind of shit "normal" people who care about fashion, if that makes sense

sstn // fmm
twins

Postby jujumaster » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:26 am

Whats normal people fashion though? A Bart Simpson wardrobe of Zara overcoats and Common Projects?

That shit boring.

jujumaster

Postby maj » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:11 am

I thought normal fashion people only wore dickies and tucked in suprubchinsky tees now days

maj

Postby odradek » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:45 am

odradek

Postby twins » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:06 am

"normal people" as in people who don't browse fashion forums, not sure whats weird about saying that

sstn // fmm
twins

Postby dbcooper » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:29 pm

Last edited by dbcooper on Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dbcooper

Postby WussWayne » Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:44 pm

Forget about the steak comrades, there is no going back.

Nightclub on a Friday
Get my Gucci on
F-f-f-firestarter
Yes, I'm in the zone
You coming on me like a player (WOOF!)
But your game's all wrong
You get your words all twisted
It's the same old song
WussWayne

Postby khayandhi » Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:49 pm

not the first ebay thought I've had recently but I love when someone's selling some impossibly expensive cool thing and the location is like barnsley or swindon or oldham orrrrrr some other wasteland of defeated hope and foiled aspiration and the wreck of the human spirit *

just makes me feel pretty warm inside thinking about the misunderstood junya fans of barnsley. I salute them

* I grew up in luton

khayandhi

Postby Suquida » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:40 pm

Suquida

Postby weqe » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:40 pm

when you're a size big and mos people arent +++

[{[*#~&< /BLEH |BLEH| BLEH\ >&~#*]}]
weqe

Postby Vaeltaja » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:59 pm

Apparently Uniqlo was selling the exact shirt I wanted (black shirt with small white dots) a bit ago. Damn. Can't ever forget trawling through Qlo.

Wanna redneck? I'll do him an egg. NO SYMPY!
<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
Vaeltaja

Postby harmsalmon » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:02 pm

seriously why are all nonnative pants so big

harmsalmon

Postby bels » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:29 pm

Is he going to focus on the Fred Perry collab full time?

bels
Yung Winona

Postby oucho » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:56 pm

Raf at Dior was excellent imo

oucho

Postby une_impasse » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:05 pm

Hopefully the world will get it's act together and give Oliver Theyskins the job. These giant houses seem to need someone who isn't doing their own label full time, otherwise I don't see how you can produce truly inspired work that many times a year unless you're burnt out and crazy like Galliano was or an immortal vampire like Karl.

une_impasse

Postby SisterRayVU » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:07 pm

I feel like Tisci's name comes up whenever someone leaves a house and I don't get it. He stopped couture at Givenchy and fwiw I think has a done a great job with the brand. Why would he go to Gucci only to have to subvert his inclinations? He seems to have a pretty good degree of freedom and despite the shirts/jumpers, his designs aren't stagnant.

But so cut up :( Raf at Dior was so good and such a great fit. But maybe he'll have big things in store for the next couple seasons of Raf since he can relax and do his thing with full commitment.

SisterRayVU

Postby can- » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:35 pm

i bet he continues to make parkas with a bunch of patches on them and band lyrics on the back.

can-

Postby bels » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:03 pm

Some of my personal favourites from Raf's time at the house of Dior:

bels
Yung Winona

Postby gustavobradley » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:45 pm

why do people buy like, really bad fakes of stuff? I saw someone today with awful yeezy 350s and can't understand it

https://instagram.com/deadlvng // haelegen.tumblr.com
gustavobradley

Postby popcorn » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:13 pm

popcorn

Postby yoyobeat » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:00 pm

yoyobeat

Postby eufemism » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:08 pm

show me the hoe fax
eufemism

Postby une_impasse » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:27 am

une_impasse

Postby khayandhi » Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:51 am

my mum has this hilariously unconvincing fake LV bag she bought on the street in Thailand, she's so ignorant of ~~~fashion~~~ that she had 0 idea what LV was but she thought it was a cool color and the right size. It's made of the worst pleather in the entire world I swear

so I think there are plenty of people (esp in countries where fakes are less regulated and even more widely available, but also like everywhere) who are buying fakes not even to buy in2 an ethos but just because "hey that's a cool pair of trainers they're my size and they're blue I wanted blue trainers" and these are probably the people who are wearing the shittest fakes – I'd guess the ones buying fake yeezys because they don't have $$ are going for the slightly more convincing ones

khayandhi

Postby oucho » Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:47 am

I heard a story (not a story, it's true) about a factory in Asia that was producing an item for a company. The company started to notice that there were a lot of fakes of this item on the market, they managed to trace them back to their own factory, who were supplying them with their order, and also producing fakes that were exactly the same.

oucho

Postby maj » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:23 am

think they call these grey models? happens a fair whack with some of the super hype nikes as people will pay bare p (relative for replicas) for a really good replica as it's still cheaper than the original and looks identical

maj

Postby bels » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:38 am

I want a knock off t-shirt that says Margaret Howell in Gil Sans but I just can't get round to making it

lmao the fucking filter. Would accept the filter version EVEN MORE

bels
Yung Winona

Postby bels » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:48 am

tshirt line idea: Logo prints of various fashion houses but instead of the fashion house name you print the name of the controlling corporate interest.

Maison Margiela logo saying OTB GROUP SpA would be great.

VANS OFF THE WALL saying VF CORPORATION would be good even tho I know vans is not really a fashion house

can't think of any other good ones. maybe loeowe but it says LVMH instead? Not sure that would be funny unless you were v insidery. TSI Holdings probably the best one.

Dior as Groupe Arnault SAS?

Gucci Kering? dunno if gucci logo is recognisable enough.

Must be some good Italian ones I'm not thinking of.

Help me out here fellow teens.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby station » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:47 am

Heard you like hats. ..

station

Postby bels » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:50 am

bels
Yung Winona

PreviousNext