[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Clothes

Re: random fashion thoughts

Postby Julio » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:26 pm

Julio

Postby TheDutchWonder » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:31 pm

I don't think that fashion itself is capitalist propaganda or consumerist thinking, but I think the popularization of clothing brands and brand elitism is. It's something I fall into as well, but if I had to choose between two identical shoes, but one was made by John Madden and one by Red Wing, there wouldn't be a second of hesitation. I can say it's because of superior quality, but imagine that somehow I had guarantee that they were the exact same quality. Even then, I would choose Red Wing because I have been pushed to believe that their name and label is more elite and admirable. Fashion has been around since the first loincloth was made, but the idea that buying the best or most expensive version of something will make you happier or better arose along with consumerism.

TheDutchWonder

Postby beach » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:26 pm

If all models are at least 5'9" and seem to be wearing sufficiently long pants in magazines/webstores/shows, why is it so hard to find long women's pants?

edit: ok, I mean I technically know why, but what is with this phenom? is every single pants pic heavily photoshopped? are there special model pants for every sort of pants? are all models always sagging, with the crotch 'shopped? where can i buy special model pants (but for people fatter than models)??

@teck ...example of what?

Last edited by beach on Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
beach

Postby ramseames » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:45 pm

ramseames

Postby Julio » Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:14 am

Julio

Postby evilfriends » Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:40 am

Would anyone be willing to proxy a Supreme t-shirt from Grailed for me? The seller is based in the US and doesn't want to ship to Germany.

I would of course cover all costs for the product and international shipping. Please PM me if you can help me out (smiling)

evilfriends

Postby gustavobradley » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:22 pm

https://instagram.com/deadlvng // haelegen.tumblr.com
gustavobradley

Postby teck » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:08 pm

its been a minute since i read up on a lot of marx but i think that isn't exactly what marx was trying to explain when he said we fetishize things (although this is related and he would probably have a heart attack at Supreme's market practices). marx was saying that we, the workers, are alienated from the labor it takes to produce goods, and thus believe that goods have an intrinsic value that's set by market forces, as if the things produced had real value outside of the labor it took to make them. for marx, labor was paramount. he wasn't so much concerned with fetishizing brands of tee shirts (no such thing existed really in a scope that we would recognize) so much as the fact that t-shirts were perceived to have a value outside of the labor time it took to produce the t-shirts.

i think he would argue that in a precapitalist world, we would value tshirts exactly at the "cost" of how much labor it is, and then use this to begin a truer process of exchange/barter. its a romantic view on preindustrial times but he had a point that.

again he would probably jump all over the supreme example, and it says something that he realized fetishism before we fetished the fetish.

teck

Postby trichomatic » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:19 pm

wearing a ski mask
cons: ppl think youre a criminal
pros: ppl think youre a criminal, face stays warm

trichomatic

Postby bels » Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:10 am

bels
Yung Winona

Postby BIGBEE » Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:50 am

Get an acronym bag bela

BIGBEE

Postby bels » Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:58 am

I want a cooler bag I can strap to my bagjack so that I can transport take away food without it making the bag smell like takeaway food (also, would keep it warmer)

bels
Yung Winona

Postby BIGBEE » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:25 pm

BIGBEE

Postby bels » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:06 pm

bels
Yung Winona

Postby bleeker » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:33 pm

bleeker

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:21 am

i want a brand that's basically undercover but replace the punk/new wave references with 90s west coast rap

what nate dogg lyrics do you wanna see on a leather jacket

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby cdghomoplus » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:23 am

cdghomoplus

Postby ramseames » Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:02 am

palm angels is literally the expensive version of HUF plantlife socks

ramseames

Postby cdghomoplus » Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:58 am

cdghomoplus

Postby bels » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:47 am

To all interested RE: Muji Scent Diffuser, yes I do. Send me scented oils please.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby deadkitty » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:13 pm

new Susan Cianciolo RUN collection

what incredible quilting!!

deadkitty

Postby ramseames » Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:00 pm

ramseames

Postby eufemism » Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:44 pm

Yoooooo

Astro boy X bape looks fucking awesome

show me the hoe fax
eufemism

Postby stappard_ » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:03 pm

I only like to buy clothes that have been worn twice

luckily there's a suspiciously healthy market for clothes that have been worn twice

stappard_

Postby trasparenti » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:13 am

When it comes to finding sneakers that fit size 11 feet in japan the struggle is real.

First tried some stussy x moonstars

too small

then some Spalwarts on sale

No size 44

then some Cons MIJ

no size bigger than 9.5

same for One Stars

then went looking for Manhunts

too dang expensive!!

then Vans Lampins (not the Supleme collab, there are plain colorways made for the Japanese market)

nothing above size 9

then I tried some Anatomica x Wakouwa deck shoes

toebox is crazy long and kinda pricey

Then MHL x Cons

but they're just basically regular Converse (not as nice as 70's or MIJ) and pricey too!

then Diadora n9000s

but not stoked on them.

Ended up getting a pair of One Stars on sale, turns out they're huge so a 9.5 actually fits alright. Can't really complain, it was a lot of walkin around but it was just so I could waste money on sneakers so at least I got some exercise. Never bought new sneakers in Japan before but it's very similar to buying clothes; over-the-top helpful service. Staff follows you around the store and attempt to preemptively help you if they see you hover in front of any item for more than a few seconds. Employees at clothing stores will hold jackets and sweaters open so you can just slide your arms in and try to tell you everything about anything. It's the exact opposite of window shopping in America. When I tried on the Anatomica shoes the staff took out a Brannock and measured my foot before getting the shoe and tying it on my foot for me. At the MHL store they grabbed a stool so I could sit down. At the store I bought the Converse at they sprayed the sneakers with leather protector and of course, laced them for me. It's a kinda weird feeling of being pampered that I'm not quite used to yet. I feel more at home at the stores where the employees barely acknowledge your existence. Still neat tho

trasparenti
Japanese Correspondent

Postby djwildchina » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:30 pm

djwildchina

Postby ASTROCHIMP » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:59 pm

I'll stop wearing black when they invent a darker color.

Check out my shit tumblr.

Also consider checking out my music.

Follow me.
ASTROCHIMP

Postby donut_milk » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:20 pm

Vintage Sears catalogs are amazing to peruse through. Definitely recommend looking;

donut_milk

Postby meatjacket » Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:19 am

p much any button up/down looks better w white buttons. I swap them all the time.

only exception so far is the OL six dot buttons, theyre so pretty

meatjacket

Postby Vaeltaja » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:20 pm

I guess hats aren't clothes.

Wanna redneck? I'll do him an egg. NO SYMPY!
<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
Vaeltaja

PreviousNext

Return to Tags