[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Clothes

Re: random fashion thoughts

Postby bels » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:32 am

Can YOU identify these two disparate influences on Bela's life??? See below for the answer!!

bels
Yung Winona

Postby meatjacket » Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:22 pm

just got my ears pierced! time to go full force w the feminine for everyone look

so excited!

meatjacket

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:18 pm

i can't tell if LA-based streetwear brands just have the world's worst ad copy or if the brands themselves are trash
lmao

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby ASTROCHIMP » Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:50 pm

I'll stop wearing black when they invent a darker color.

Check out my shit tumblr.

Also consider checking out my music.

Follow me.
ASTROCHIMP

Postby ramseames » Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:44 am

[vimeo]http://www.vimeo.com/155773126[/vimeo]

ramseames

Postby oucho » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:17 am

All clothing is for dads and derivative of Miuccia.

oucho

Postby kindofyoung » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:59 am

Lol whose work is this
I really REALLY like chocolate cake

Edit: oh ffs is nothing sacred to you mods lmao

Last edited by kindofyoung on Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kindofyoung

Postby beeftips » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:02 pm

I picked up a hill-side shirt today and am really enjoying the fit--debating picking up some more before the sale ends

beeftips

Postby trasparenti » Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:55 am

After three years of constant searching (read: near-daily) I found THE pants with THE perfect drape and they're blood orange

I can deal with colors when they're simple - black, white, grey - or related tonally - tan, brown, olive - but this is ridiculous. I can't see colors very well so getting it 'right' in the past has been a strug. this is a different level of strug. Don't get me wrong, the color is really cool, it's just not easy to wear and doesn't slot nicely into my wardrobe. I've been working on it but it's slow going finding stuff that works. I've finally had an excuse to get into longer, looser layers/outerwear though.

they remind me of Damir Doma SS '10, maybe my favorite of his collections and I like a lot of his stuff from that era

one day I'll dress like one of the guys on the right. til then I guess I'm still pluggin away until something works

RE: dying - I have a friend who is an expert on dying fabrics so I was thinking about talking to him and seeing if he can help me darken them. They're poly-cotton so it shouldn't be too bad but he's pretty busy and might not be able to help for a while. In the meantime I figured I could just try to make them work and look for stuff that works with them. Plus, dying may change the hand/feel of the pants a bit, if not just make them splotchy. I will go looking for dyes tomorrow tho.

I also considered Luxire but I don't have the money for shipping/etc. I've been wondering, how accurate are their replications? I believe they open up the garment and attempt to copy the pattern exactly, but that's pretty difficult. If I sent them the pants I'd certainly expect the same drape and shape. Has anyone had any experience with them?

EDIT: they're by Issey Miyake, whose pants are generally cut exceptionally well.

Last edited by trasparenti on Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
trasparenti
Japanese Correspondent

Postby harmsalmon » Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:12 pm

I always lose clothes when i go out = no more going out

harmsalmon

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:16 pm

1. tom ford seems like the chillest person ever, i don't even like his clothes much and i'm a fan of his

2. a surprising amount of "fashion girls" i've met in college so far are really into moschino/jeremy scott/vfiles-type stuff – is there anything i can learn/parse from that about them

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby trasparenti » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:14 am

I shipped the first Trasparenti Mystery Package (tm) last week out to and despite a little hiccup with shipping costs it all worked out pretty well. I'm super excited for him to get it! In the meantime, I'm proxying him this North Face Purple Label daypack that I found secondhand for a great price.

This lil guy is surprisingly tuff and really nice. It's the perfect size for what it's meant to do, but it could be an everyday pack too. I kinda want one of my own now. Anyways, this one's gettin sent out this week. I'm gonna set up a thread for the Trasparenti Mystery Package And Fun Proxy Service sooner or later.

trasparenti
Japanese Correspondent

Postby bels » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:45 am

bels
Yung Winona

Postby mc-lunar » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:07 pm

mc-lunar

Postby ASTROCHIMP » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:14 pm

Follow me.
ASTROCHIMP

Postby JonjoShelvey » Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:41 pm

new wtaps preview

JonjoShelvey

Postby rjbman » Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:21 pm

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby ASTROCHIMP » Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:01 pm

Follow me.
ASTROCHIMP

Postby oucho » Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:06 pm

It's true that clothing is a very limited form of communication, but so is talking or having a personality.

oucho

Postby bels » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:28 pm

Those two are at least cheap though.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby JewTurk » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:24 pm

I can't wear white shoes anymore.

daaaaam daniel

JewTurk

Postby vgtbls » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:58 pm

vgtbls

Postby teck » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:10 pm

can someone explain to me what the damn daniel thing is. i mean i saw it and i thought it was funny but like someone take a stab at the sociology behind it.

i have an email i need to write to my boss about it.

teck

Postby JewTurk » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:20 pm

JewTurk

Postby teck » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:38 pm

i noticed the voice is also funny. is there something about the voice btw? Was that kid trying to be like cartman or am i being terribly un-PC?

teck

Postby hirokinakamura » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:06 pm

i think he's just a kid with a funny voice.

the internet is a strange and wondrous place with very little rhyme or reason. :woop:

The Loopwheel Lord, King of Sweatshirts, and consummate Watch Snob
hirokinakamura

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:52 pm

kid sounds exactly like beast boy from teen titans

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby fun_yunchables » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:04 pm

coolest lame guy u'll ever meet
fun_yunchables

Postby Copeland » Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:15 am