[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Clothes

Re: random fashion jersey bibs

Postby ramseames » Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:49 pm

ramseames

Postby une_impasse » Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:40 am

une_impasse

Postby Copeland » Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:34 pm

Is this present Margiela's status? I'm late to the game, and would like to think this is against everything the label stands for. I thought the elbow patches of last season was a nice touch. Their clothes fit me and I like wearing it. How do I reconcile their artistic spirit with this music video?

[youtube]watch?v=-rO7_UAxBqk[/youtube]

Hook:
We all in Margiela
I'm the new Tony Montana nigga
These niggas is jealous
They just can't understand a nigga no

Copeland

Postby earthonator » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:34 pm

haven't seen anybody post about this? what does this mean for the brand? in what direction is YSL going to go?

earthonator

Postby ramseames » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:09 pm

They don't need to pay Hedi a few million a year to reproduce Kurt Cobain clothes from the thrift store on la brea and make "the best" skinny denim pants

He's set them up well to continue doing what they're doing until it's unpopular, at which point they'll hire someone new to change directions and he'll still be remaking his mid 00s Dior homme collections for whoever wants to fund his habit(s)

ramseames

Postby Blastoise » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:46 am

serious question

why is this forum against kurt cobain clothes from the thrift store

while purposefully ugly supreme running shoes are considered cool

do they not share a common ground in forced apathy

Blastoise

Postby une_impasse » Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:04 am

une_impasse

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:24 am

supreme hasn't """""sold out"""" in the way that in-n-out burger hasn't """sold out""""

maybe they don't have any desire to expand in any momentous way, but they're still doing serious numbers

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby Blastoise » Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:32 am

I absolutely agree with the degradation of a cultural/political figure into shallow imagery, but at the same time I don't think the intent is to necessarily strip them of any other connotation or their personality -- it's simply the act of being inspired by a particular side of the figure. I think a large number of brands/designers are totally guilty of this, not only speaking of SLP here. While it would be nice if more of the reference were fleshed out and incorporated for relatability and "honesty" I don't think that presenting a reference to the image side of a figure is that harsh of a crime in a primarily aesthetic/visual work (ignoring Slimane's views, I agree with everyone else on that). High fashion obviously can and should be used for more than a visual statement.

But with that said I'm in the minority for liking SS16, it's one of my personal favorite collections. I can understand why some would be against it but I love the juxtaposition of "Kurt Cobain clothes" with deliberate construction and highly polished presentation.

I guess the closest thing that I can relate it to is the idea of post-skate. Skating/snowboarding fashion to me was whatever was cheap and my parents were willing to buy me from Zumiez in middle school, and now I'm still wearing $65 Vans but with $200 jeans and UC jackets (insert expensive Supreme collabs and whatever niche Japanese designers you're into here).

Blastoise

Postby fun_yunchables » Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:49 am

coolest lame guy u'll ever meet
fun_yunchables

Postby Blastoise » Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:51 am

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited by Blastoise on Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blastoise

Postby une_impasse » Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:05 am

une_impasse

Postby thecanadiancook » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:41 pm

Gucci to Combine Women’s and Men’s Shows
http://www.businessoffashion.com/articl ... -immediacy

Victim to the Diderot effect // //
thecanadiancook

Postby thecanadiancook » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:50 pm

Victim to the Diderot effect // //
thecanadiancook

Postby ramdomthought » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:14 pm

They should stop making such flammable shirts!

My shirt caught fire once, I'm just thankful I wasn't wearing givenchy at that moment

ramdomthought

Postby jrisk » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:25 am

How flammable is standard 100% polyester? Should I be very afraid when wearing vintage 100% polyester sweaters?

jrisk

Postby tomsfood » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:02 am

gap outlet kids pajamas are usually sold with a big tag that says "WARNING THIS IS HIGHLY FLAMMABLE" or something to that effect. great warning to see on your toddler clothes.

tomsfood
Look Arena Champion

Postby teck » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:00 pm

the problem with fashion is that i have only one body to wear clothes on

teck

Postby alby » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:16 pm

yo I saw you on that meetup thread and was wondering what bag you were wearing it looks sick

i'd walk a mile for a camel
alby

Postby trasparenti » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:00 pm

trasparenti
Japanese Correspondent

Postby ASTROCHIMP » Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:04 pm

Wikipedia is really lacking when it comes to fashion brands and designers. I'd consider starting to edit/create them myself but I don't know where to start with Wikipedia and I'd need sources. I might start trying to find sources and see what I can do from there.

I'll stop wearing black when they invent a darker color.

Check out my shit tumblr.

Also consider checking out my music.

Follow me.
ASTROCHIMP

Postby Blastoise » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:37 pm

Blastoise

Postby freddy » Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:53 pm

I just got a pair of drop crotch tapered jogger/sweat pants any they're AMAZINGLY comfy af! Wow. I might have to expand my steez to incorporate more of wearing this.

freddy

Postby une_impasse » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:50 pm

speaking of leaving high profile jobs, is there a topic here for people working in clothes/fashion, from independent designers/student, to retail on upwards? is there any interest? i only ask because i need help with my resume (now that i've realized my dream job is a NiGhTmArE)

une_impasse

Postby Copeland » Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:12 pm

Every time I browsw a WAYWT thread I feel like there should be a WAYAWT (what are you actually wearing today), thread.

Copeland

Postby jrisk » Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:31 pm

That's a weird thing to say because:

1. How do you know everyone's not going out in what they post?
2. Pedantry aside, why does it matter? If it looks good, it looks good.

jrisk

Postby Copeland » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:47 pm

Sorry, didn't mean to be presumptive. Just meant that in my case, when during bad weather/rushed for time/feeling braindead, I wear almost the same thing every time (parka, sweats, sneakers). Would like to see what others wear in similar situations, as in what they look like if they threw on the most worn pieces in their closet. Was also addressing other waywt threads where they it's not as casual as this one and stuff, not that the folks in this one don't look great. I understand this depends on culture, what people do for work/school, where they live, etc. Didn't mean anything negative by it.

Copeland

Postby ramdomthought » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:02 pm

every time i browse a what are you wearing today thread i think

i wonder what that person wishes they could be wearing today

who would they be

i would be a gangster of love

wearing bernhard willhelm

somewhere in montana where i own a bar that serves three cocktails and homemade cider and is bring your own food

people will bring in lots of slow cooked food

most of that food will be terrible

ramdomthought

Postby pirxthepilot » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:09 am

this made me sad, it's a pretty good rule of thumb that anyone who references ayn rand unironically is a fucking idiot

http://tankmagazine.com/live/tank/peir-wu

pirxthepilot

Postby teck » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:11 am

teck

PreviousNext

Return to Tags