[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Clothes

Re: random fashion jersey bibs

Postby pirxthepilot » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:12 am

someone talk me out of buying this coat because its 12490 SKr which is like a million post-brexit pounds plus i have absolutely no room in my luggage

http://www.vogue.com/fashion-shows/fall ... llection#2

pirxthepilot

Postby Northwest » Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:40 pm

Friendly reminder of the perils of bleeding edge fashion all you cool Jarvis teens (with your second season eytys that don't fall apart).

Northwest

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:40 am

it feels like gucci's entire creative direction is "put a snake on it!" but without any irony

does allessandro michele watch portlandia

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby BIGBEE » Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:23 pm

anyone got pics of docs with wideish pooling pants

if not I already bought a pair so we're gonna find out 8)

BIGBEE

Postby ramseames » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:01 pm

This Tim c for UA vest is so good

Model looks like a skinnier version of gronk though, which is unfortunate for him

ramseames

Postby bataille » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:13 am

that down is great but the rest of the collection is really boring or is that just me? idk i was really looking forward this when it was announced cos I grew up with under armour. The brand is like the ultimate symbol of american high school sports and coppens had an opportunity to channel that in a more adolescent, competitive, football camp sort of way. but the jizz from those preview shots just another total phone-in lux-casual future utopia designer sportswear collaboration ugh.

edit: ya coppens isn't the most creative designer but his last collection had some serious high school drama/sitcom vibes to it that i hoped he'd channel. He seemed to be developing his own voice and this collab would have been a chance to cement that but its just a big step back into anonymity.

bataille

Postby oucho » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:00 pm

UA make tottenham's kits right now and they suck, sports brands should have to make football kits for 50 years before they're allowed to go near a heritage brand like Tottenham Hotspur Football Club

oucho

Postby bels » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:04 pm

I saw a hip youth wearing UA baggy shorts as a fashion item today. First time ever.

Look forward to being 80 years old when wearing Adidas will be considered an authentic vintage look.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Copeland » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:18 pm

Are there any other blogs like this one? http://www.thefashionlaw.com/ Mix of news and editorials, lots of content, up to date, well-written.

Copeland

Postby schiaparelli » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:33 pm

schiaparelli

Postby nevergreen » Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:48 pm

Most of the gis for Taekwondo this year are just white, they get so boring. I've only seen China and Cote D'Ivoire have different colored pants but they look so so good. Cote D'Ivoire's especially is on point.

oh wow the Iranian pants are awesome, the brush stroke with their colors looks fantastic

nevergreen

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:57 am

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby adiabatic » Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:22 pm

The Valve Store has been reopened recently and they have way more Dota 2 clothing than I’ve ever seen before. Normally, when I think of gaming clothing, I tend to think of T-shirts and maybe long-sleeve shirts and maybe hoodies.

I never considered the possibility that anyone would make anything like .

“clothing for attractive rich people in their 20s to go to weddings in” — Zack Johnson on Vineyard Vines
adiabatic

Postby ramseames » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:46 am

http://boingboing.net/2015/10/27/surpri ... he-ca.html

The origin of the phrase "Canadian tuxedo"

ramseames

Postby pirxthepilot » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:03 pm

consuela castiglione..secret west ham supporter!
def buying that marni coat now

pirxthepilot

Postby fun_yunchables » Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:56 am

curry shop and model i'm following
lol...

haha while i also do think that is trendy (staple of skaters tho), she's actually wearing a apron

Last edited by fun_yunchables on Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
coolest lame guy u'll ever meet
fun_yunchables

Postby bels » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:13 am

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/1f16e116-6535 ... z4IG4H6BhA

pirx has warned me about the dangers of british nostalgia so I read this entire article in a window whilst footage of the 1981 Brixton riots played fullscreen behind it.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby bels » Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:11 pm

bels
Yung Winona

Postby kyung » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:30 pm

mr robot s02e08

KIMCHI SLAP

_( :⁍ 」 )_
kyung

Postby Bonobonobo » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:54 pm

Browsing through Japanese webstores it seems like the vast majority of clothes, especially trousers, they sell tend to fit slouchy and oversized. Can anyone weigh in if this is actually a mainstream trend in Japan (recent or longstanding?) as these stores make it seem? I might be just looking at a niche that I've gotten into because c-t, especially since it's generally priced fairly high.

yeah I guess, but I'd still say that in mainstream fashion slim predominates. just looking at stores, in most of the western ones slim-ish pants dominate where it almost seems the opposite in Japanese stores.

Last edited by Bonobonobo on Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bonobonobo

Postby Morlin » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:08 am

visvim remains the only brand I've seen whose japanese sellers will list in roman letters, BUT they're weird kanji characters meaning if you search stuff with a western keyboard it won't come up. are sellers intentionally keeping western buyers out? or has the brand put such a pedestal under americana & western sport that sellers think it's cool to not even associate japanese with the item. (although kanji is such a made-for-market alphabet maybe it's moot.) I swear you could write academic papers about what this brand is doing to the internet/japanese media

re:kanji I mean the actual digital character/digital hex codes that make up the characters vs what's common in more formal writing. Isn't marketplace writing distinct? regardless i just think it's interesting that all j-"heritage" brands like 45rpm, kapital, etc, visvim is the only one where sellers seem to proudly use roman characters?

Last edited by Morlin on Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
I think that it is not. Cowichan, etc., If you prefer a thick knit, how about you? It is cool there is atmosphere!
Morlin

Postby adiabatic » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:53 am

(Yankee Doodle style)

“clothing for attractive rich people in their 20s to go to weddings in” — Zack Johnson on Vineyard Vines
adiabatic

Postby bels » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:57 am

has anyone spent too long looking at discount luxury clearing house photos and begun to feel like they have great styling?

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Julio » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:42 am

ngl been lowkey fond of keen for a few years now; almost copped older version of these circa 2011-12 but store didn't have my size (which in retrospect i am glad about).
these feel like they'll push me over the cliff

help me
i really don't think i should

Julio

Postby trasparenti » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:55 pm

http://hypebeast.com/2016/8/story-mfg-2 ... k-lookbook

how nice. dont think much about hb but i was surprised to see story pop up

trasparenti
Japanese Correspondent

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:02 pm

how much of fashion forum people complaining about "uniqlo's decline in quality" is founded on real evidence and how much of it is expecting too much from an $8 tshirt

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby Bonobonobo » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:43 pm

If a store is selling a longish shirt and the model has their hands in their pockets causing it to bunch up at waist level it makes me much more inclined to buy it.

EDIT now this is the shit I like

Last edited by Bonobonobo on Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bonobonobo

Postby adiabatic » Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:51 am

Other peoples' squabbles:

adiabatic

Postby trasparenti » Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:12 pm

need to bump some of the cool threads that got buried in past pages. also can someone plz link me to the thread where people send each other clothes temporarily/free whatever

trasparenti
Japanese Correspondent

Postby yourdad » Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:25 pm

yourdad

PreviousNext

Return to Tags