[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Clothes

Re: random fashion jersey bibs

Postby Copeland » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:38 am

Do you guys think Adidas talks to Rick and Yohji and is like, yo make sure your stuffs go with each other.

Also, what is this thing for exactly? Y-3 Compression Knit. How do you put it on? What are its advantages over wearing shoes and high socks?

Copeland

Postby ramseames » Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:34 pm

K yea this was a shitty post

ramseames

Postby can- » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:29 pm

humility God find me in the edit window

can-

Postby Julio » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:57 am

i'm bothered by short zips on the fronts of trousers. low rises tend to feel odd to me too.

Julio

Postby ramseames » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:36 pm

they gave him his own ad campaign wtf

ramseames

Postby adiabatic » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:59 pm

I’ve seen plenty of cos stuff referred to as “cos”, but are there other designers, etc. that can be reasonably abbreviated to “sin” and “tan”?

“clothing for attractive rich people in their 20s to go to weddings in” — Zack Johnson on Vineyard Vines
adiabatic

Postby Copeland » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:18 pm

Copeland

Postby Naka_ » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:46 am

Asics x Kanda Keisuke x Anrealage

Naka_

Postby jujumaster » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:42 am

jujumaster

Postby teck » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:33 am

teck

Postby bels » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:38 am

He doesn't reallly deserve your scorn because obviously aesthetic taste would be a ridiculous thing to scorn someone for but he runs https://www.instagram.com/onmyeames/ so if you were looking for a reason to scorn him I think that would be it.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby teck » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:43 am

teck

Postby posh_somme » Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:47 pm

posh_somme

Postby fun_yunchables » Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:14 pm

Damn what's with all this hating

Dude has a style that he likes and subscribes to, and that's cool

Might be more productive to take the energy invested in tearing him down into something that'll prove more fruitful no?

coolest lame guy u'll ever meet
fun_yunchables

Postby maj » Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:30 pm

^^^^ bougie minimilists stick together :twisted:

maj

Postby jrisk » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:52 pm

idk, people like that are annoying because they pretend that they put so much time and care into "curating" every aspect of their lifestyle when really they're just buying whatever the internet tells them to. they're taste regurgitators who pretend to be influencers.

jrisk

Postby ptozzi » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:15 pm

Don't follow him, block him, do whatever you need to do, but I don't see how nice comment about the guy is accomplishing anything. Live and let live

ptozzi

Postby fun_yunchables » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:33 pm

my 2c on these kind of people in general:

1. people are not their social media profile, nor are their social media profile them. what this guy appears to be on the internet likely is not the whole picture--don't let stereotypes infringe upon your judgement (better yet, don't judge (smiling))
2. no matter whatever appearance of "curation" (i too believe that he's just regurgitating "old" trends), in the end it has no affect on me or my tastes, and so i don't think that needs any sort of scorning. if he wants to pretend, then let him pretend, it has no effect on your life unless you actually subscribe to that look, which in case i don't think you'd be nice comment about him anyway.
3. even if he is pretending, remember that everyone starts somewhere. i'm sure every one of us has gone through this phase at some point, or still going through it. maybe he just has more media attention than us during it. people aren't innately born with "taste" (quite subjective as it's a result of our experiences); it's something that's learned, more often through imitation than not.
4. if it's really so frustrating, rather than complaining, i think a more productive use of time would be to do something about the issue or annoyance, like starting your own "taste" instagram in response. in some sense, complaining about it accomplishes nothing but making you feel negatively.

coolest lame guy u'll ever meet
fun_yunchables

Postby oucho » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:13 am

I feel like social media users often hide behind the defence that it's not fair to criticise a person for who they are, live and let live etc. But that's based on the idea that your social media account is an extension of you, which is what social media was originally made for I guess? Today that's not so clear, and a lot of social media pages which are very popular are more like publications, under the guise of a lifestyle. This is true to a certain extent of every social media page, and I think you could argue that it's impossible to interact with Instagram in any other way. Fredrik Risvik's Instagram page is like a magazine, it has adverts, editorial, it sells an idea, it earns money and has a very managed brand image. It's a work with a message.

His Instagram page is the ultimate fulfilment of the brand's desire to fulfil a potentially meaningful motive within a person with something facile. The fact that he has a page that he updates every day and all he uploads is fitpics and pics of folded clothes has a message in itself. I feel very strongly that the message of a lot of brands and publications is don't look deeper, you can lead a fulfilling life by engaging with the inane world of products. This Instagram page is an extreme example of this and I think it's fair to criticise that. I feel like we almost take for granted the way that brands advertise towards us and we shouldn't.

I think criticising him is being substituted for criticising his publication. It would be stupid to criticise him for wearing comme play, because that is also subscribing to the idea that our lives are defined by which brands and how we interact with them. I mean to a certain extent this is is true unless you were to completely avoid all brands, but that is also giving too much importance to how we interact with brands, just in a different way. The only solution is to develop a vague apathy towards all brands and their messages, and also to subvert brands to your own cause.

oucho

Postby jujumaster » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:10 pm

I dont like him because hes always got too much of his ankles out.

jujumaster

Postby adiabatic » Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:43 am

make skate shoes puffy again

“clothing for attractive rich people in their 20s to go to weddings in” — Zack Johnson on Vineyard Vines
adiabatic

Postby Copeland » Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:09 am

I've never heard of that dude until now and sorry for being fashion racist but he's what I imagine the stereotypical Scandinavian bro who shops at Norse Projects to be like.

Also https://www.instagram.com/socalitybarbie/?hl=en

I shop at Norse Projects, they have an extensive webstore.

Copeland

Postby freddy » Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:10 am

For skinny people do you not ask care or ask for pit to pit measurements anymore? My main concern is shoulder to shoulder. If it don't fit on the shoulders it don't fit at all IMO

Anyone follow this practice and/or adhere to this philosophy?

freddy

Postby maj » Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:56 am

i've found clothes i've bought on "exact measurements" always feel a bit weird to me and are never as accurate as they seem due to pieces differing on linings/cuts/type of garment/brand/measuring inaccuracies. i have clothes from a 25" p2p to a 21" p2p, the shoulder measurements are probably a bit more constant but i have a range from "on the shoulder" to "dropped shoulder", even with this i feel all my clothes fit me in a way i enjoy. with this in mind i just go on tag size, brand knowledge/ ask people who own it and a rough pit to pit measurement for 90% of casual clothes, however i am not one to care for exact fit just as long as it "feels right".

maj

Postby teck » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:40 am

yo im not a dad yet but i've been slowly hanging out less downtown and more in the suburbs and imma try to somehow make wearing only underarmour sweat wicking tees, tevas i bought not from opening ceremony, and driving a suburu, cool.

teck

Postby bels » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:45 am

Dads aren't cool.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby ramdomthought » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:06 am

dada are cool

ramdomthought

Postby ramseames » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:59 pm

ramseames

Postby Julio » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:34 am

i need to learn how to reconcile my wants for:
junya
ganryu
and kolor (???)
among other such things

feels easy and sensible enough to mix junya & ganryu but kolor seems odd one out

Julio

Postby ramseames » Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:19 am

"why do you want to fit in"

ramseames

PreviousNext

Return to Tags