[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Clothes

Re: random fashion jersey bibs

Postby dieworkwear » Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:31 am

dieworkwear

Postby bels » Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:51 am

So you just want a list with no notifications whatsoever?

I'm not sure if you can do that (within the forum)

I think the closest thing would be to favourite the threads you like in your browser.

(Welcome btw, we're big on anachronistic software and deliberately obfuscated interfaces here)

bels
Yung Winona

Postby dieworkwear » Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:00 am

dieworkwear

Postby jrisk » Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:44 am

Bookmarking topics (link at bottom of thread next to Subscribe Topic) will add them to the bookmark list under your Control Panel. Doesn't send out email notifications.

jrisk

Postby Northwest » Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:30 pm

Acronym releases can be brutal. P24A-S and P24A-DS are just gone everywhere except in size XL. There's a second drop in October but having those in either cotton or dryskin...that was the hope. RIP

Northwest

Postby vgtbls » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:58 pm

"I should get more pants" - Me, buying more outerwear

vgtbls

Postby adiabatic » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:29 pm

“clothing for attractive rich people in their 20s to go to weddings in” — Zack Johnson on Vineyard Vines
adiabatic

Postby adiabatic » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:39 pm

Nice to see erlsn upgrade to a 6(s?) — pockets that exactly fit an iPhone are cute 'n all, but only weirdoes like me like the 5s/SE form factor these days…

“clothing for attractive rich people in their 20s to go to weddings in” — Zack Johnson on Vineyard Vines
adiabatic

Postby adiabatic » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:14 am

Elsewhere on the Internet, I am referring to acr as "Adam Jensen clothing".

I was about to say "My hobbies are converging!", but that seemed a bit optimistic. Maybe "My hobbies are becoming mutually intelligble!"?

adiabatic

Postby Copeland » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:46 am

Copeland

Postby Bonobonobo » Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:52 am

So over the past few months I've come to the realization that my wardrobe is in no way cohesive or unified. Most of the stuff in it I've bought over the past year in a sequential way - nearly every purchase was made with the intent to go with the thing I last bought, or with the other few things I'd bundled in the proxy package. As a result my wardrobe hasn't really evolved but sort of linearly acquired disparate items that I thought were cool. Here's an example: these two completely unrelated items came in the same box.

And the weird thing is that I like most of the stuff I've bought and all of the stuff currently in my wardrobe, it's just that it's all so disconnected. There's no common theme that lasts for more than a few items (except Japanese lol), maybe I could organize it into several very small "tribes" of clothes, but eh.

Most of the time I bought the stuff with the aim of trying out a bunch of different brands and styles, sort of sampling all the stuff I thought was cool. The problem is I think everything is cool and am exposed to like 10 dope fits and flintstone pics a day. So I just end up buying from a brand that I'm currently obsessed with, learning a little about what I do and don't like, and then moving on to something else. I guess I was also hoping that I could create dope and unexpected outfits with a really eclectic wardrobe, but be real that's the domain of WAYWT legends with tons of money.

I guess the point of my post is: has anyone else gone through this? How did you people with an actual cohesive wardrobe find out that you like the kind of clothes you like? Is it already time to quit the game? I hope not, I'm not old yet

Bonobonobo

Postby nope » Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:05 am

Talking of Style Zeitgeist collabs, is it just me or is this

one of the worst pieces of graphic design going? Moving the tiny f over to the big O in the middle of "A Diciannoveventitre" to make a weird "Of" that doesn't line up with the rest of the text is the kind of cute move I'd expect from a church bake sale poster. Is this deliberate? Is is an artisanal flyer and all imperfections are intended? Does it get your motor running to spend $2k+ on a pair of boots?

nope

Postby pirxthepilot » Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:37 am

pirxthepilot

Postby maj » Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:19 am

Don't you just wear a long coat a tshirt every day tho?

maj

Postby BIGBEE » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:32 pm

Wearing mostly one brand is an easy way to a unified wardrobe. Problem is a lot of people find it boring. You can wear more than one but the brands have to go together in terms of looks, philosophy etc. No wearing veilance and visvim. Supreme and yohji etc.

Also the brand has to be something you can comfortably afford

BIGBEE

Postby Bonobonobo » Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:00 pm

, I don't really mean "cohesive" as in a boring wardrobe where everything will go with my minimal apartment. It's just that most of the stuff I have only really works with a few other things. The brands you listed typically are more flexible than what I typically buy: for example, I can't really imagine the Soloist patchwork desert boots working with stuff that isn't similarly distressed or patched up, and most of the time Soloist works best with other Soloist.

And while buying more patchwork or Soloist-esque brands to make good outfits that justify their place in my wardrobe sounds good, I'm equally entranced by clean minimal FFIXXED garms and Supreme streetwear. More often than not the clothes I like oppose each other (aesthetically, I'm not super concerned about brand synergy) than surprise me with how well they fit together. Maybe my outfit choices aren't imaginative enough though.

, yeah maybe I can see myself going into British/Japanese vintage-inspired clothes as a refinement of the "workwear" I liked for a time, but since that was mostly a result of influence by MFA I'm not super sure. I've been sort of hoping that in my meanderings I'll find the brand for me, but it hasn't happened so far. I don't think I could settle like that anyway. I mean trasparenti has given his heart to Edwina Horl but still wears tons of other stuff.

Bonobonobo

Postby ramseames » Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:41 pm

ramseames

Postby ramdomthought » Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:00 pm

what would it take to live in a vacuum

ramdomthought

Postby ramdomthought » Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:00 pm

(a space suit)

ramdomthought

Postby oucho » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:29 am

LN-CC have hired the niceboi version of

oucho

Postby freddy » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:11 pm

So I'm getting coffee and notice people are wearing their Patagonia fleeces now in the city. I thought to myself I can never wear Patagonia. Or Columbia for that matter. Something about the lifestyle asthestic that I'm detracted to. It screams "too white people for me" but I ironically wear other brands that can fall under that umbrella. (Barbour) And I'd happily wear Arc'teryx though I suppose it's more of a younger-fashion-y brand? I messed with TNF because it was hot shit in the inner-city as it was "reappropriated" as streetwear. I guess Patagonia/Columbia didn't get refashioned and I reckon it's more so of the suburbia-hiking cult following for those two brands that I can't connect with. Anyone got brands that they just can jive with or be caught wearing or are cognizant/self aware that they try to stay away from?

freddy

Postby Ques » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:41 pm

woman working at my favorite bagel shop and i were wearing the same model of docs today, we had a moment

Ques

Postby Bonobonobo » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:25 pm

Fell victim to the skinny skeletons that leave reviews on the Uniqlo webstore and bought some Supima tees too small. They are certainly still QUITE SLIM and not the massive pools of fabric the reviewers make them seem.

Bonobonobo

Postby ramseames » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:48 pm

#tbt

Fuck all the rest of these that got made afterwards but i genuinely love this picture

ramseames

Postby Morlin » Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:20 pm

agriculture

I think that it is not. Cowichan, etc., If you prefer a thick knit, how about you? It is cool there is atmosphere!
Morlin

Postby bels » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:48 am

Sorry I was on holiday so I couldn't get back to you. Anyway I wrote up a response but then realised that parastexis would make it into a flowchart or venn diagram or whatever and get loads of rep so I beat him to the punch.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby trasparenti » Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:55 pm

these brands are not fun to pronounce. see if you can guess what they make before you look
Cherevichkiotvichki

Milleneufcentquatrevingtquatre

aaAaa

trasparenti
Japanese Correspondent

Postby bels » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:02 am

the real would never wear cuffed trackie bottoms

bels
Yung Winona

Postby jujumaster » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:24 am

Spring/Summer is so shit.

jujumaster

Postby pirxthepilot » Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:04 pm

idk why you're all going on about my margiela, even swebay trousers now archival

https://store.storminateacuplondon.com/ ... e-trousers

pirxthepilot

PreviousNext

Return to Tags