[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Clothes

Re: random fashion jersey bibs

Postby Copeland » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:16 pm

I wonder how Grailed cracks down on outside sales now that they charge the same as ebay. Ebay has some NSA level script that catches almost everything. I doubt Grailed has the manpower to read every pm.

Copeland

Postby ramdomthought » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:52 pm

grailed now charges as much as ebay??????

absurd

ramdomthought

Postby ramseames » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:03 pm

To my knowledge:

Grailed is 6% + 3% for PayPal at the time of sale

eBay is 10% + 3% and it's all in an invoice the following month

ramseames

Postby Copeland » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:24 pm

While walking around campus today I saw: mainline sock ramones, SupremexUC coaches jacket, about ten or so off-white logos, pair of milk geobaskets, four-striped sweatpants that I'm assuming is TB, Rick springblades. That's only the stuff I recognized. Meanwhile I thought my beat up white achilles were too ostentatious for a classroom setting. Either the people (fellow asians) around me are way more into fashion than I realized, or there are way more asians on campus than I realized.

I don't know how many can attest but, I always feel awkward wearing anything remotely fashionable to class. I recognize this is heavily major, school, and location dependent. But in my non-humanities classes, pretty much everyone wears either sweatpants, full workout gear, "basic ameriwhite who loves starbucks" clothes (quoting Fuuma), or some MFA level denim/desert boots fit. I imagine this wouldn't be a problem if I lived in a real city. But dressing differently is often off-putting, which I don't want, or don't want to appear as at least. I know this is some weak shit but I can't help but be shaped by how those around me dress. It's also a reason I like Schneider cuz it's normal but chill. So partly due to the above, I've the goal of moving into a city asap cuz I can't imagine dealing with this for the next however many years, whereas whenever I visit New York from the lowly countryside and walk around the jawnz shops, no one gives a shit about what I wear. (Drunk post)

Last edited by Copeland on Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Copeland

Postby BobbyZamora » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:26 pm

B)
BobbyZamora

Postby Copeland » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:35 pm

For both grailed and ebay I send a PM along the lines of "take out the 2s, g2ra2i2l2e2d"

Hasn't failed me so far

Last edited by Syeknom on Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Removed ableist slur
Copeland

Postby jujumaster » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:43 pm

Dont know if anyone else is into Umit Benan but I think he is one of the more under appreciated menswear designers going at the moment. Shame to see when his Tokyo store shuts, has fuck all stockists and stops doing Paris shows.

His AW16 collection, Tokyo Diaries

jujumaster

Postby posh_somme » Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:46 am

here's an image from the dior show yesterday. i can't help but feel that any kind of message is strongly diluted when it's just written there in black and white. i don't doubt that Chiuri wanted feminism to be a theme of this collection (or even her tenure) but is this expensive slogan t-shirt the right way to do it? the only way? maybe i'm being an old man here but i felt this when i saw those Acne "gender equality" sweaters, that just appeared to be Acne pandering to a market of people who want to wear their twitter bio. it just reminds me of all the male journalists who have "feminist" in their bio as if it's a bold statement

posh_somme

Postby oucho » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:11 am

This is exactly why I don't like magazines like Dazed, the objective of which seems to be to convince us that mega huge fashion houses and celebrities are totally right on and are leading the way in terms of feminism, diversity, etc. Even though these are exactly the people who have been some of the worst perpetrators of sexism and racism. It's an insidious perpetuation of a corrupt and immoral system under the guise of a new wave of faces who, trust me, are totally good folk this time. I don't think you can criticise Dior for having a t-shirt about feminism, or Diesel for their fucking ridiculous ad campaigns, (we need mega companies to bring new ideas into popular culture) but I would like to see more acknowledgement that these mega brands, and most celebs, are followers in these matters, experts at pandering to popular opinion and reading the current climate, rather than true leaders. And that they are not guided by a sense of what's right and that they are doing a lot of things right now which are not good.

I also think the issue that you may have, which seems true of a lot of political art is the complete lack of ambiguity and depth to the statement. Not many people will disagree with 'Feminism is good' but it's an easy, facile statement that doesn't capture any of the nuances of the current situation or offer an intelligent commentary. It's like taking MDMA, going to a festival, and telling everyone that if all the bankers in the world tried MDMA then we would all be living in a beautiful utopia now. It's a facile, easy statement which feels bad to disagree with because it's positive but it's not founded in the reality of the situation or the ambiguity of the world.

oucho

Postby oucho » Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:09 pm

Although I feel like should add that Dazed is a mainstream publication that promotes feminism and diversity and that has value. We aren't going to see the end of celebs and big business anytime soon so it's good that within that context someone is spreading that message.

oucho

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:40 pm

acne x dior ss18

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby HexKeySet » Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:38 am

does anyone have any archive muji styles on hand?

HexKeySet

Postby weqe » Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:34 pm

why did i buy hm sweatpants they literally shed fleece my floor looks like a fucking black sheep

[{[*#~&< /BLEH |BLEH| BLEH\ >&~#*]}]
weqe

Postby JonjoShelvey » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:08 pm

I got some skrill how do I purchase ethically made

clothing is acrnm ethically produced is maharishi

Nike ain't right?

JonjoShelvey

Postby bels » Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:19 am

Nike probably has a lot of effort put into being ethical (worker standards/environmental) but it'll be hard/impossible to say how much of that is actual and how much of that is greenwashing.

Maha is mostly made in India but they own the factory there so I assume it's held to reasonable worker standards. I recall seeing footage from inside it in some promo stuff and it looked OK. They do use leather on random, irritating things though.

Obviously you can't buy yourself out of the ethical issues created by capitalism and we need a global worker's revolution (LMAO), but failing that:

Don't buy anything > Buy something second hand > Buy something "ethical"

bels
Yung Winona

Postby JonjoShelvey » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:21 am

Thanks you beelo

JonjoShelvey

Postby jujumaster » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:56 pm

Trousers with this waist need to become more of a thing

jujumaster

Postby adiabatic » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:34 am

Bought a back in July; finally got a chance to wear it today for the first time. Weather cold enough for layers are almost upon us!

“clothing for attractive rich people in their 20s to go to weddings in” — Zack Johnson on Vineyard Vines
adiabatic

Postby ramseames » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:29 am

Saw a girl outside the movie theatre today in a bomber with the tommy lee Jones boss coffee logo on the back

Jawnnn

ramseames

Postby ramseames » Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:20 am

ramseames

Postby teck » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:46 pm

"Given infinite street style pics open in infinite web browser taps, a hypebeast will almost surely find a given item hypeworthy."

This happens to me all the time. Most recently with some NMDs. They're comfy at least.

teck

Postby stappard_ » Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:00 pm

sometimes i wonder if me and the palace model would have anything in common

stappard_

Postby Bonobonobo » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:46 pm

wow look at this a kind of guise "bug parka"

the towelly fabric is apparently made by a German premium toys company, Steiff

and it's REMOVABLE

and REVERSIBLE

I sound like I'm advertising

Bonobonobo

Postby une_impasse » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:37 pm

i went to the Fenty x Puma showroom yesterday and it's truly not that bad! there's very little in terms of actual, innovative design but the men's stuff is super super femme, i'm extremely curious to see how it sells

une_impasse

Postby maj » Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:52 pm

timeless fashion

maj

Postby pirxthepilot » Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:27 am

dropped into local fashun store they were debating whether they could put a yeezy sweatshirt on their archival rail ("it's season 1"). pls advise

pirxthepilot

Postby JonjoShelvey » Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:57 pm

got the DPM: AN ENCYCLOPEDIA OF CAMOUFLAGE by hardy blechman today here are some pics

JonjoShelvey

Postby JonjoShelvey » Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:38 pm

Re: military fetishism and anti war sentiments

I love military clothing, weaponry, and camouflage but am anti imperialist and whatnot. I dont know how to blend these beliefs in a coherent manner.

I think I've talked about this before but I'm not sure I got any closure. How can you separate the horrific atrocities committed by these institutions while still wearing and appreciating their innovations?

JonjoShelvey

Postby qalandar » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:12 pm

A few weekends ago I was up in NYC for a top secret assignment with No Man Walks Alone. We were shooting a photo editorial for the new Frank Leder FW16 collection that just dropped. I've gone on about Leder elsewhere, but this collection is bananas. Fabrics are extraordinary as usual, the color schemes are really great and the store picked really fantastic pieces.

Anyway if you guys are interested in seeing the results and nerdy write-up you can have a look
http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/index.ph ... -editorial

qalandar

Postby Bonobonobo » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:16 pm

What do you say when people ask teasingly you "haha what are you carrying around in all those pockets" and only 5/17 of your pockets on your EG jacket and WM cargoes are being used?

Or alternatively, what do you carry around so that you can fill up more than half of your pockets?

Bonobonobo

PreviousNext

Return to Tags