[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Clothes

Re: random fashion jersey bibs

Postby mooncorp » Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:40 am

oh my GOODNESS
these are the best shoes i have ever seen

mooncorp

Postby jujumaster » Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:33 pm

I wonder how many lint rollers I'd get through daily if I owned a pair of these OL sailor pant

jujumaster

Postby Bonobonobo » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:45 am

Bonobonobo

Postby oldtrailmix » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:24 pm

so i've been thinking about this line from the Kanye song Saint Pablo: "she got the same shoes as my wife but she copped 'them at aldo."

what Ye is saying here is pivoting on a point he's been making a lot lately about fashion: he believes that people should be able to afford cool shit, and that talent in fashion should be going toward creating more egalitarian lines of clothing.

which in a way is sort of happening. a lot of big companies do collaborations with fashion talent these days. i just bought a bomber from uniqlo for $50 that's faux suede. no one in my real-life knows it's "faux-suede" they just think it's a cool jacket, and it was only $50.

the jacket isn't a knockoff. it's a lesser quality version for sure, but it will still maintain all the utility that a jacket should provide - and i still feel good wearing it.

i feel like i'm shifting into buying clothes at a much lower price point nowadays. this is partly because i'm broke as shit, but also because we have affordable options in 2016 that eclipse "fast-fashion" in a lot of ways. i'm sure some of you would argue that a $50 bomber is still fast fashion, but it doesn't seem that way to me. i can buy three wonderful button down shirts for $90. if you rewind 6 years that was a lot harder to pull off.

in summation, as a poor college kid, i feel grateful that i can afford marginally cool clothing and still have money with which to get fucked up on the weekends.

oldtrailmix

Postby Northwest » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:25 pm

Good news! Paracord is removable, so I guess they just styled the shoes with paracord bracelets in previous photos. Also, all white SFAF-1 say no more they are mine.

Northwest

Postby UnwashedMolasses » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:27 pm

Damn you

I have actual career things I should be spending money on, and then you go and make those.

Wide leg? Double pleats? Belt loops low-set just so?

If you were pushing any more of my buttons you'd be undoing them (love)

UnwashedMolasses

Postby Copeland » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:54 pm

Always wondered about this, how do Japanese people who are size 4/EU50s or bigger find clothes? Do they have to resort to Uniqlo XLs? Are they even allowed to like clothes? Is it actually profitable for Asian stockists to only carry up to 48? Really doesn't seem like it.

I wish more labels can be like Nepenthes where they keep a detailed spreadsheet of every piece their stockists carry, and share that information indiscriminately to save everyone time. Seems a pretty standard thing to do for any business.

Copeland

Postby Copeland » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:42 pm

One more random thought, I remember reading about Tavi Gevinson many years ago before Instagram existed, she was portrayed as an actual savant who had good enough instinct that Rei Kawakubo followed her blog, and she got in through old-fashioned blogging before the newer social media emerged. I haven't heard much about her since and haven't re-read that article, but, what was she? In terms of how good she actually was versus the attention she got? Seemed pretty fascinating.

Article: http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2010/09/20/tavi-says

Copeland

Postby Julio » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:18 am

got my first EG garment for a steal
it's on the way over and i can't wait

is there an EG dedicated thread where i can geek out/dedicate a wall of text to it when it gets here

edit: thanks to for linking me
+
turns out i've posted in the thread before. huh. such is forgetfulness

Julio

Postby YoungCanoeist » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:07 pm

you know that dana lee mum shirt that i wear too often? after 3+ years, a hole is emerging on each elbow. i love the shirt so i definitely don't want to give it away -- what fabric or print should i patch them with?

YoungCanoeist

Postby RycePooding » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:39 pm

Brown corduroy

RycePooding

Postby jujumaster » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:27 pm

I am starting to really like the new Gucci but also have this feeling of being duped into liking it, somehow

jujumaster

Postby teck » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:14 am

teck

Postby adiabatic » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:30 pm

I spilled a ramekin of sauce on myself when I was having dinner tonight, but Fancy Internet Fashion Shorts saved the day and cleaned up easily at the restaurant and cleaned up even better once I turned the shower on them to get the last of the oils out. I'm still wearing them now because they're not soaking through like cotton shorts would.

Thanks, Fancy Internet Fashion Shorts!

“clothing for attractive rich people in their 20s to go to weddings in” — Zack Johnson on Vineyard Vines
adiabatic

Postby mooncorp » Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:48 am

seen in my school newspaper today..

mooncorp

Postby ASTROCHIMP » Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:31 pm

Finding the perfect black pant is currently my life goal.

I'll stop wearing black when they invent a darker color.

Check out my shit tumblr.

Also consider checking out my music.

Follow me.
ASTROCHIMP

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:04 am

why is it so hard to find basic blank tees/hoodies/etc. in foliage green? such a great color

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby pirxthepilot » Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:36 pm

pirxthepilot

Postby ramdomthought » Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:45 pm

i've always liked the 874

ramdomthought

Postby pirxthepilot » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:44 am

fuck. richard nicoll died. i don't know much about his designs but used to chat to him occasionally when i saw him around. a gentle, beautiful man.

edit: if anyone cares, this new obit is quite revealing about how hard it is to be 'creative'
https://www.theguardian.com/fashion/201 ... l-obituary

Last edited by pirxthepilot on Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
pirxthepilot

Postby maj » Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:45 am

Grailed low ballers make me want to smash my head into the wall and set the piece in selling on fire instead of sell it.

No I can't give you $50 off and then fucking send it to you record and signed half way across the world for free.

It's a fair fucking price to begin with!

maj

Postby finolino » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:47 am

left my raf sweater on my bedroom floor, went off to college for a month and a half, came back home to find that a spider had laid eggs in it. tempted to sell both it and the eggs on grailed for the spook factor

finolino

Postby ramseames » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:36 pm

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016 ... .html?_r=0

Death, taxes, and NYT style on the street articles full of weirdos

ramseames

Postby tomsfood » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:58 pm

hell jeah rams
xpost to style flintstone thread *ok hand emoji* *100 emoji* *weary face emoji*

tomsfood
Look Arena Champion

Postby jujumaster » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:08 pm

Love me some Maggie but can I actually get away with walking about with my jumper tucked in as well?

jujumaster

Postby Bonobonobo » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:18 pm

I'm about to say fuck it to outerwear shopping this winter and just buy some comfy knitwear. I don't need anything weather resistant so the only reason for a real jacket is layering.

Bonobonobo

Postby bels » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:02 am

Jumper tuck is a heinous fake concept. My theory is that it was created by stylists to show off pleated/high rise trousers (big trend) and is getting adopted off the back of that. Horrid.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby bels » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:23 am

I'm not wrong.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby tomsfood » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:47 am

You're wrong.

tomsfood
Look Arena Champion

Postby adiabatic » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:01 am

“clothing for attractive rich people in their 20s to go to weddings in” — Zack Johnson on Vineyard Vines
adiabatic

PreviousNext

Return to Tags