[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Clothes

Re: random fashion jersey tucks

Postby smiles » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:05 pm

True. The kylie line was almost exclusively twelve year old girls and their moms. Everyone was wearing dusty pink.

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby ramdomthought » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:12 pm

muji labo for the internet clothing nerds [it released today on 5th ave go get stuff]

Last edited by ramdomthought on Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ramdomthought

Postby ramdomthought » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:38 pm

We Had This Specific Image Of What The Man Who Wears Craftsman Looks Like. He Must Be Well-Travelled, A Stylish Gentlemen Who Appreciates The Finer Things In Life, Decadent Food, Fine Wine And Art Et Cetera. While Some Of Our Customers Do Fall Into This Spectrum, We Are Also Seeing Many Customers Who Have Different Traits And Attributes. You Do Not Need To Be The Guy Who Wears An Italian Tailored Suit To Be Our Customer, Because We Serve One Specific Purpose For Everyone; Its That At The Core Of Craftsman, Our Mission Stays Relevant And That Is To Craft You Guys Great Quality Clothes At An Accessible Luxury Price. We Have Something For Everyone, So Let Us Know What You Want Made.

ramdomthought

Postby freddy » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:29 am

Fuck yea w my preppy outfit I can look like a technocratic republican!

https://store.btcc.com/products/officia ... -again-hat

freddy

Postby uames » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:55 pm

uames

Postby adiabatic » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:02 pm

“clothing for attractive rich people in their 20s to go to weddings in” — Zack Johnson on Vineyard Vines
adiabatic

Postby sonofjacob » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:11 pm

what are your opinions on the importance of a person's face/complexion with regard to their style? as in, should a person consider their their face when dressing themselves?

sometimes i feel i have too much of a soft/baby face to pull off the somewhat rugged style i lean toward

sonofjacob

Postby BIGBEE » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:35 pm

The more 15 year old wtaps I buy the more I appreciate how simple and well made all the recent stuff is. Dunno why I irrationally hated it all this time.

BIGBEE

Postby rublev » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:19 pm

rublev
Political Editor

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:03 pm

hot take: "artful pool" is just bourgeois, gentrified "stacking"

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby ramseames » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:17 pm

https://twitter.com/bycycle/status/836264091585032199

http://fashionista.com/2017/02/grailed- ... arketplace

3 years later they've finally decided to do the thing where they literally just duplicate the site and add a 'select gender' button at the top

ramseames

Postby freddy » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:07 am

i don't wear athletic stuff anymore but i found the NBA x Elderstatesman collab at barneys this weekend which is hydrating as fuck

the sweat-knit is def wearable to the office, and i can def see myself stylin it with various shit

http://www.barneys.com/search?q=celtics

i'm surprised the streetwear mofos haven't hyped the shit out of it already lol

def considered paying retail to lock in a size S, already had 2/3th of the cash upfront the prior day. ( of course i can def get more value w the money in other shit) but we'll see if it can make the markdowns, which i think the beanie and scarf will. if i can do some spring cleaning and spring the cash soon for full retail, i may pull the trigger

wrt hypebeasts, they can stick to flipping supreme and make their weasy few hundo. i'm playing the long-term swag game here. i already told a bos buddy that the sweat prob fetch $20k in 10 years time. and suffice to say the least, i'd rather cop this $$$$ sweeat than a thom browne one - as discussed the the sales associate, the celtics version is one of, if not, the more versatile colors out of the nba knits out there imo.

freddy

Postby freddy » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:43 am

anybody fuck with vestiaire collective? if so, explain your experiences pls!

freddy

Postby adiabatic » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:32 am

I feel like I'm working at cross-purposes when I'm buying long pants while I'm on a regimen to increase my cold tolerance.

“clothing for attractive rich people in their 20s to go to weddings in” — Zack Johnson on Vineyard Vines
adiabatic

Postby midvh » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:04 am

Does anybody know what this type of waistband is called?

Edit: I just realized this isn't the best example. I'm not talking about the buttoning on the side, but rather the "hidden" waistband often featured on workwear and fatigues.

midvh

Postby rublev » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:49 pm

first drop from the new season looks decent. been a bit hit/miss before but i like this

rublev
Political Editor

Postby wolflarsen » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:53 am

I have a lot to say about (black velvet cocktail dresses>everything; men's is uninspired/still on-brand; Women's waxed parka is dope; daytime wear brown leathers are super "mom" ish), but its such a big collection and I have been so lazy about putting specific photos together and forming complete-sentence critiques.

Then again, that actually sums up my feelings about SLP/SL/YSL since I first started paying attention to classic fashion houses.

wolflarsen

Postby ramseames » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:40 pm

ramseames

Postby BIGBEE » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:50 pm

BIGBEE

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:37 pm

it's kind of amazing how it's 2017 and fashion media still gives so much attention to kids who can talk for half an hour straight on "mixing streetwear and high fashion"

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby freddy » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:28 am

DAE not browse threads about fashion or follow fashion media/trends anymore? don't think i've followed anything other than reading the occasional BoF piece on technicalities of a brand's business operations and manufacturing processes. sometimes i feel like following the latest shit and whatnot self-appointed fashion opinion-makers will obfuscate my discovery of pieces to work with my style.

i take this self blinded approach when browsing ebay (which accounts for like probably 80% of my cops), and it forces me to scrutinize the minutia of details and whatnot to determine if I can incorporate such piece with my curated wardrobe. that itself requires a lot of imaginative prowess imo where i feel being bombarded with the congestion of noise in fashion only serves to detract me from scouring ebay for grails.

i also don't like how 99% of shit is styled on the runway, lookbooks or through fit-pics... and fwiw i don't mess with instagram. i dunno for me, i just blindly stare a piece (or a photo that was non-professionally taken) and think about it for an extended amount of time.

sometimes window shopping in person is mentally taxing too, because i do take the time to decontextualize the piece in its presented fashion, and analyze the shit out of it.

has anyone gotten to the point where they've cultivated an intuition for picking out stuff? or do y'all just like to nerd-out with fashion media and am able to shift through the noise while curating your wardrobe?

freddy

Postby oucho » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:58 am

why would you read fashion media when you can go on care-tags?

oucho

Postby adiabatic » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:27 pm

adiabatic

Postby Naka_ » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:14 pm

Naka_

Postby ASTROCHIMP » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:44 am

I'll stop wearing black when they invent a darker color.

Check out my shit tumblr.

Also consider checking out my music.

Follow me.
ASTROCHIMP

Postby nope » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:24 pm

nope

Postby adiabatic » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:35 pm

adiabatic

Postby nope » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:02 pm

Can't actually find any quotes on it now but I think it was lack of ambition / immiseration of working-class culture / fashion is great so why should only rich people get to appreciate it? I suspect he would also argue something along the lines of working-class people being the drivers of culture in general (which then gets appropriated by all the bourgeoisie pricks), so if they aren't pushing things forward then everything will become stagnant. That seemed to be roughly his take on music anyway, I'm not sure about fashion.

nope

Postby bataille » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:11 pm

bataille

Postby popcorn » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:45 am

is the grailed userbase just 50% supreme resellers or has supreme hit critical mass

also: woooooow the hype for FLYKNITS HATCH ONLY IN CLEAN SWIFTLY RUNNING WATER is like negative now, even the old multicolor lunars that used to sell out immediately are all over grailed for <$100.

popcorn

PreviousNext

Return to Tags