[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - dad pediatrician

dad pediatrician

Clothes

dad pediatrician

Postby hamburgerlady » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:26 am

hamburgerlady

Re: dad pediatrician

Postby can- » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:07 am

gerogerigegege do you like lad musician?

can-

Postby insect » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:12 am

Why'd you have to remind I wasted my money on an alpha industries ma-1 instead of the asymmetrical lad ma-1? :'(

insect

Postby kyung » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:20 am

LASS MUSICIAN (needs more updates)

KIMCHI SLAP

_( :⁍ 」 )_
kyung

Postby une_impasse » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:23 am

i work at a consignment store and we got a lad musician shirt in one day (priced at $9 <_<) and no one acknowledged it until i stumbled on it. i honestly have no idea how it ended up in our store or who got rid of it, but it's pretty spectacular. it's a boxy faux leather t-shirt that fits me perfectly because i am a tall lanky doofus. i will share it with you all some day.

une_impasse

Postby Vaeltaja » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:00 am

What would you say are the staple/signature pieces of Lad, if there are any?

Wanna redneck? I'll do him an egg. NO SYMPY!
<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
Vaeltaja

Postby hamburgerlady » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:10 am

every season, lad tries to focus on tweaking various portions of the "staple" pieces. (such as button-ups, sweaters, etc...)
for example, this season the focus was on the "high-collar/loose collar" shirts, as opposed to last season which was straight up "collarless shirts".
each season brings out a staple/signature silhouette that sets the tone for the entire collection.

if you mean in GENERAL, the standard shirts, suiting, leather jackets, ma-1 jackets, "success rocker" t-shirts, and trousers/denim are always a constant.
fit/fabric also changes season to season, but standard things are usually getting the same run of fabrics.
(with maybe slight variations of fit, and with exception of the success rocker t-shirts, which are ALWAYS there)

this thread needs more pictures but it's fairly late over here.
tomorrow afternoon i shall flood in images.

hamburgerlady

Postby hamburgerlady » Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:52 pm

okay guys, long overdue; but i have gone through and compiled essentially every image of the Lad Musician shop staff that has been uploaded.
i always feel as though the Lad Musician staff/editorials are better styled than the runway looks are (more often than not).
my next plans are to upload all the editorials they have been in as well as my own collection (probably in curatorial thread rather than here).

also, here is one of my favorite editorials ever, modeled by Valter Torsleff for HUGE magazine :

hamburgerlady

Postby bels » Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:54 pm

George please give us a brief synopsis of who you see as The Lad Man.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby hamburgerlady » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:07 pm

well I don't particularly see a specific "lad man".
but, i do believe being "tall", regardless of looks are a true fit for the clothing.

of course however, what i like about Lad Musician is that the pieces really are fit for all types of people.
usually on wear.jp, instagram or various blogs, lad musician pieces are put together with other designers/brands.
definitely there are also people that do the whole lad set-up, but the ability to mesh with other types of clothing is a strong point.

also even if you aren't tall, the sizing still works out where the fit is desired. so i'd think that various body shapes also work well.
of course like dior homme, and various japanese brands, the sizing is a little small/lanky/closer to the body (due to japanese general sizing).
also women that wear lad also style it very well and make it look good, so a+ to that as well.

hamburgerlady

Postby insect » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:18 pm

purchased my first lad pieces yesterday hoping they look good on me

insect

Postby PrimePrime » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:31 pm

@insect Whadya get whadya get!?!?

PrimePrime

Postby hamburgerlady » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:18 am

released this morning/last night in Japan and was hosted at The Garden Hall/Yebisu Garden Place.
this year celebrates lad musician's 20th anniversary (hence the minimal art rock "20").
main theme seems to be "spacemen 3" once again (previously was in F/W'13), only built upon and expanded with prints.
the beginning of the show places a lot of emphasis on the prints regarding spacemen 3.
culottes pants make a resurgence and we're presented with a lot of interesting cuts in terms of outerwear pieces/knits/sweaters.

here are a few stand-out pieces/coordinations i really liked:

my first reaction and thoughts on this collection :

initially i was very surprised to see the beginning of the show full of printed sweaters/t-shirts depicting various spacemen 3 arrangements.
i didn't dislike it, since i like the band personally. i was afraid that this show was going to be nothing but printed pieces; but i was mistaken near the end.
the use of colour in this collection is very boldly highlighted and creates interesting colour palettes.
for example, i really really enjoy the red/blue combo shadow plaid.
it goes from HEAVY PRINTS to minimal white at the end of the show.
which to me is brilliant in going all-out flashy in the beginning and ending with clean, full white compositions.
i particularly really liked the printed parkas and the white ma-1 blouson.
those two pieces really did it for me, and will be a for-sure purchase i will make upon release.

overall, i really really enjoyed this collection.
it isn't overly strong to me, which is fine. the stark contrast from beginning to end, and the interesting cuts on the parkas made it.
i feel as though F/W'14 and F/W'13 were so strong to me initially which is why i'm not overwhelmed, but i think S/S'15 held it down in my opinion.

any other inputs/thoughts are encouraged!

hamburgerlady

Postby hamburgerlady » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:06 pm

thank you everyone for the comments, i appreciate it.
since this brand/designer is a big interest of mine, i try my best to convey how i feel about it and hope that others can understand what i mean.
i like to at least share my knowledge here since lad musician isn't covered much in western fashion editorials/features, but is slowly getting there i think.
although i dislike how ssense is carrying them with such a high mark-up. but of course, it's to be profitable.
seriously wonder how they did with the previous collection in terms of sales.
i would like to see others post as well with their thoughts and some images, so please feel free to put out some content here!
_______

also, i thought this look was so great, despite my aversion to the denim/denim-cut :

hamburgerlady

Postby bels » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:53 pm

I like the white looks at the end

bels
Yung Winona

Postby hamburgerlady » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:49 pm

it seems that the A/W'14 releases are slowly coming to a close.
which means that it will go from sale seasons to the transition to the S/S'15 fairly soon.
i still have a fairly long list of things i want to purchase before this season is over, so hopefully some of them end up in sale when the time comes.
whenever i'm not busy, i will try my best to at least photograph a few of my stand-out pieces that i own and give some insight on those as well.
anyway, here are some recent editorials on lad musician a/w'14:

MEN'S NON-NO NOVEMBER ISSUE
"ラッドミュージシャン、黒の衝撃” :

GINZA NOVEMBER ISSUE
"TOKYO BRANDS" :

hamburgerlady

Postby BobbyZamora » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:53 pm

(or anyone else who owns this) how do you wash your Lad Musician rayon/cotton flannel?

The care-tags on mine suggest that it shouldn't be washed in water or in the washing machine. Are you supposed to dry-clean it?... How often do you wash yours (if ever)?

It doesn't smell terrible or anything but I haven't washed it at all because I have no idea how.

B)
BobbyZamora

Postby Vaeltaja » Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:11 am

For a shoesize of 8.5D should I go with Lad 42 or Lad 44? How's LM footwear in general? Worth it at MSRP? Worth only on sale? Worth only if you're part of the #ladlyfe?

Vaeltaja

Postby hamburgerlady » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:51 pm

hamburgerlady

Postby troy » Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:39 am

just visited the store in shinjuku reaaaaaaallly cheap sale prices too bad the prices arent translating online

also the sizing is almost negligible from 42 - 46

maybe i have a fucked up body

troy

Postby hamburgerlady » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:06 pm

: pants are really great, fit is spot on and the adjustable waist is really useful to getting a perfect waist-fit.
the bottoms are actually cut so that you can finish-stitch them to the length you want, so i'm going to crop them as opposed to rolling them up.
thankfully the wool is fairly thin, so it's warm enough for winter and thin enough to wear for the warmer seasons.

: they do have womens sizes actually! only for a few shoe styles, but for the shoes i have and the low version they have sizes 38-40.
the sizing is on the website in terms of the sizes they cover, just convert it to japanese -> american sizing.

: i heard the sale seasons started awhile ago in-stores actually, shame that they didn't come to the webshop as quickly/heavily.
sizing is variable, i think you just have a versatile build that can fit all the sizes (which is great).
since i'm fairly mid-range height (5'8) and skinny/lanky, taking anything other than a 42 is pretty baggy on me.

hamburgerlady

Postby hamburgerlady » Thu May 14, 2015 12:50 am

hamburgerlady

Postby bels » Thu May 14, 2015 2:27 am

Not the kind of stuff I normally associate with DAD but quite fun. Looks like a ss collection in some places. Bare ankles in winter is for the hard man.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby aporea » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:40 pm

i see the gender ambiguity, seems more skewed toward the "feminine" which is not really my thing but i like a few pieces. i haven't really delved outside of the staples (lad trousers (love)). hopefully i can catch some of the ss15 spacemen 3 and rayon shirts on sale somewhere, totally missed during the ssense sale.

the trousers here look super interesting though, along with the bball-esque sneakers.

aporea

Postby hamburgerlady » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:52 pm

hamburgerlady

Postby aporea » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:00 pm

^ yeah this collection is definitely a break from the tight features and mode style, seems like he's been slowly putting out pieces like this too once in a while (i'm thinking aw10) but this is full out. i doubt it will continue for ss16 but we'll see! definitely interested in reading others reactions like you said.

looking over it again my favorites are:

aporea

Postby Vaeltaja » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:18 pm

Anyone own the "sneakers" like these: https://www.ladmusician.com/webshop/pro ... 2&color=25 ? Pretty much a derby with a wedge sole, it seems. Blake stitched sole or something? Can't tell. Taking a gander and saying no because I don't see any visible stitches though?

Vaeltaja

Postby hamburgerlady » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:36 am

hamburgerlady

Postby aporea » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:57 am

has a few season clear out lad pieces on sale, prices are great.

aporea

Postby tttigre » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:58 am

Semi-accidentally won a Lad tee for $9 on yahoo auctions, excited to try them out. My lanky body might be too big, but considering they're somewhat difficult to get in the west (only real stockists are ssense and oc, both pretty limited?) I'm excited to at least give it a shot.

Also have a flannel coming from Grailed.

若者文化
tttigre

Next

Return to Tags