[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Bags

Bags

Clothes

Re: Bags Backpacks Slings etc.

Postby Prince of Scandinavia » Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:42 am

Posting my favorite backpack that I one day wish to own and enjoy. IISE Daypack in Ash Black, and on a related note, I got Terrance from IISE to join us on c-t (smiling) So if you read this Terrance, welcome!

Prince of Scandinavia

Postby can- » Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:51 am

raeburn

can-

Postby bhajz » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:09 pm

Just picked up this Haerfest backpack I've been looking for for a long time, super excited about it.

bhajz

Postby schiaparelli » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:51 pm

so i backed a project on kickstarter some time back to produce . i know kickstarter fashion products often get a lot of flak (also all those buzzwords: "sustainable"! "classic"!) but i thought their marketing was slick (found them through this promo site where they photographed EDCs of different creatives) and the design was pretty much what i wanted for an unfussy unbranded backpack. + it wasn't $$$

i'm getting black (asked my dad for advice). sorry for obnoxious captioned images

schiaparelli

Postby greggy » Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:31 pm

I've been wanting a Cote et Ciel for a long while now but can't justify it so far

greggy

Postby thug » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:50 pm

Picked a Muji Backpack on grailed for pretty cheap

thug

Postby tttigre » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:21 pm

Haerfest recently released a new line, following up their Light and Space collection.

Personally, I'm a fan of the more minimal styling used on these in contrast to the Light and Space's gold leather, and also the larger use of leather on the lower half. Draws an interesting line of design between sleekly unadorned, modern packs that have become extremely prevalent recently and the more classic retro designs of backpacks as favored by Herschel, etc.

Excited to see where this brand continues to go, as they've been picked up by more stockists (notably Barney's and Unis) and seem to be settling into a niche.

若者文化
tttigre

Postby schiaparelli » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:59 am

tttigre, i really love those. the monochrome duotexture setup is really nice…i remember one of the first "fashion items" i was obsessed with was this black tee with a printed black square on the front, so you had this combination of dense knitty black (tee fabric) and a shinier reflective black (the printed square). those backpacks pretty much hit on just that and i think it's really lovely. zipper shape is also nice. i enjoy generously sized zippers (more practical! they look cool!)

schiaparelli

Postby rublev » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:06 am

I've been using a Kanken for about 3 or 4 years now. It was the 50 year anniversary one and is kinda a dark brown / olive waxy finish with a nice leather patch and clasp (instead of the fabric ones on the normal bags).

I really like it but it doesn't feel very grown up... and i can only really wear it with certain types of clothing or it looks a bit incongruent. Still can't find another bag with shoulder straps i really like though...or i have and it's been too expensive.

rublev
Political Editor

Postby kyung » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:46 pm

macromauro

KIMCHI SLAP

_( :⁍ 」 )_
kyung

Postby thomaspaine » Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:46 am

Been looking for a bag to bike with from home -> work -> gym. Every backpack that I like aesthetically is too tiny to carry all my shit.

I love Kill Spencer but this thing is tiny

I like the simplicity and leather trims on this Saint Laurent bag, although I could live without the branding and $900 price tag. Also still probably too small.

KVA convertible duffle/backpack would be great but it's too small

So right now I'm contemplating this mission workshop bag but I'm not crazy about it.

thomaspaine

Postby bels » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:41 am

Since I took my saddle bag off I also sort of need a bag like that. Was thinking of a messenger though so I could use it for general excursions. I like the look of a bagjack.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby starfox64 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:14 am

t-pain have you looked at any lexdray stuff? i have one of their bags that i am not in love with but it might be worth a shot.

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby thomaspaine » Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:46 pm

Thanks starfox, contemplating this lexdray duffle now.

I'm torn because the mission workshop bag looks more functional (separate compartments for laptop and dirty gym clothes) and half the price but the black duffle is more my style.

thomaspaine

Postby can- » Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:49 pm

those mission rolltop bags are egregious

can-

Postby thomaspaine » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:14 am

Decided to go with this crafted goods bag

This tan one is beautiful but I wussed out and went with black

thomaspaine

Postby nick » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:47 pm

any ideas for gym bag? needs to store either business or gym outfit. maybe there's one with anti smell stuff so I can not feel bad putting work clothes where sweaty gym clothes had touched?

nick
Eminent Eminem

Postby thomaspaine » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:58 am

Lot of jiu jitsu guys swear by bags. They're made from hemp which is fairly strong and breathable, and supposed to be naturally anti-microbial. I couldn't get into the design though.

thomaspaine

Postby ramseames » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:16 am

Realized I wanted a little shoulder bag for my camera/gloves/juicebox so I picked this up. Porter is so cheap here its nuts, I looked at briefings too but it was like 1.5-2x as much for the same kinda thing just more military looking.

Also modded out the dsptch pack with a little pouch for my camera and one of those moulded plastic carabiners that acr likes to give you for free with some of their messengers. Found them both in one of the many milsurp stores here.

ramseames

Postby WussWayne » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:47 pm

Found this visvim backpack really captivating. Definitely going to look into vis bags a bit more

Nightclub on a Friday
Get my Gucci on
F-f-f-firestarter
Yes, I'm in the zone
You coming on me like a player (WOOF!)
But your game's all wrong
You get your words all twisted
It's the same old song
WussWayne

Postby teck » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:23 pm

i got knee deep into military packs a few months back and came across kifaru stuff. looks crazy tactical, with lots of modulation.

http://store.kifaru.net/escape-and-evad ... s-p56.aspx

teck

Postby teck » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:20 pm

just adding to the above, looking up kifaru leads you to all these EDC/survival/combat/hunting forums, where people like us but non-ironic beards and 60 day supplies of spam endlessly debate the features and culture of packs. its like the prepper version of care-tags.

its interesting but the above pack (as most kifaru packs) is meant to act as a frame within which smaller "pockets" can be installed, allowing for a large range of options. ive loaded up shopping carts but have never pulled the trigger, and im a bit nervous about asking the above forums "do you think this would look good with Raf stuff? can it hold a macbook pro and some mineral water? is the Claymore pocket big enough to hold my iPod and HUGE magazine?"

teck

Postby ptozzi » Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:28 pm

Eastpak x Wood Wood

ptozzi

Postby yourdad » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:18 am

i've been looking around for a cheap, black backpack just to get through the rest of school since the straps on my current pack never stayed put. i took a look at timbuk2, patagonia, and tnf but walked by the nike store today and saw this pack here: Image

ended up buying it because it was pretty cheap and it looks like it'll get me through the weather here in vancouver (my current one is made of a wool blend). the only real padding is on the straps and the back but it's really lightweight. it's 26L so it carries just about everything i'll need which only consists of couple notebooks, textbook or two, laptop and charger, and some stationary.

yourdad

Postby swatfishy » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:40 am

swatfishy

Postby bels » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:39 am

I really want

but it costs like 500 euros so I'll probably end up with

Both bagjack.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Mippipopolous » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:58 pm

I really really want a Mismo backpack you guys...

Mippipopolous

Postby bels » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:20 pm

In a sudden change of direction, I now feel like I want a sort of tote bag with a shoulder strap. Something like

Even though that's not a tote neither does it have a shoulder strap

bels
Yung Winona

Postby ramseames » Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:53 am

bela porter makes every configuration of tote/duffle/weekender/weekdayer you can imagine as well as some you can't, would be worth looking through their stuff.

New DSPTCH ss14 is here:

20l daypack, briefcase, weekender, packing cube, and some new colours for the camera straps/keychains.

probably will grab the weekender and a packing cube some time in the near future. very willing to drink the koolaid with these guys, they do basically everything right in terms of taking influence from the tacticool stuff but adding the features civilians require. price point is unbeatable I think.

[vimeo]http://www.vimeo.com/88859112[/vimeo]

ramseames

Postby CleanThug » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:55 pm

wish this stuff was easily accessible where I am

CleanThug

PreviousNext

Return to Tags