[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - NO LIKEY, NO LIGHTY!

NO LIKEY, NO LIGHTY!

Clothes

Re: NO LIKEY, NO LIGHTY!

Postby bels » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:30 pm

first date outfits should signify you belong to a higher socio-economic class than you actually do.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby silvaeri » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:56 pm

Well shit I've been doing wrong I guess. Bike punk is not a good date aesthetic?

professional idiot.
silvaeri

Postby oucho » Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:00 pm

oucho

Postby lyysander » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:33 pm

lyysander

Postby aliencomingin » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:22 pm

i want to get a pair of cdg cons to wear exclusively on first dates so they know im a slave to internet fashion

also hearts are romantic right,

Last edited by aliencomingin on Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
aliencomingin

Postby eufemism » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:38 pm

show me the hoe fax
eufemism

Postby CPV1 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:05 am

Depends where you're going and what your date partner is into, to be honest.

CPV1

Postby WussWayne » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:49 am

Nightclub on a Friday
Get my Gucci on
F-f-f-firestarter
Yes, I'm in the zone
You coming on me like a player (WOOF!)
But your game's all wrong
You get your words all twisted
It's the same old song
WussWayne

Postby Syeknom » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:47 am

For my first date with I wore a white point collar shirt (sleeved rolled up, collar buttoned, no tuck) under a blue-green half sleeve Aberdeen cazblaz with blue-green Aberdeen trousers rolled up, exposed ankle and navy derbies with orange commando sole.

Syeknom

Postby bels » Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:05 pm

Doesn't really count if you're meeting someone you met on a fashion forum does it.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Syeknom » Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:11 pm

For my first date with bela I wore a navy flannel pinstripe suit over a white point collar double cuff shirt with an unlined Japanese wool/silk tie in a mix of grey/blue and black oxfords, topped off by a black wool overcoat. To my chargrin I forgot my white linen pocket square and suffered anxiety over this all day.

Syeknom

Postby bels » Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:13 pm

I spent the whole evening wondering if syeknom even liked me and if he did, why couldn't he put the effort in to wear a pocket square???

bels
Yung Winona

Postby vgtbls » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:44 pm

My first date with syeknom (and germ and sknss {how progressive}) I wore Sauconys, Gap fatigues, a pink "Alaska" t shirt and an MA-1. I had to give myself a pep talk in the shower. I was a fool to bring that jacket. Immediately noticed syeknom's metal marjello derbies and felt so small, so lowly.

vgtbls

Postby Julio » Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:15 am

last time i went on a first date (if it was even a first date) i was in one of those uniqlo crazy pattered broadcloth button downs, my junya cdg carpenter/work pants (super dope 14 pocket ones), and my pump furys

oh and a fanny pack, bandolier style

everything worked out perfectly fine to say the least

Julio

Postby bels » Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:07 pm

No hoods. If you're wearing something with a hood it isn't a date because you aren't sufficiently demonstrating a vulnerability to the elements which is essential to the performance of status/wealth.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Julio » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:35 am

note to self: if i go on a date in my junya cdg carpenter/work pants and take her to this certain puerto rican place i frequent because the food is boss and prices are good
i will definitely catch feelings

on that note: living in the tropics means you can roll into your afternoon date in a tee and it's perfectly alright
take your date to a place you know is good and are comfortable in (+ rep if your clothes reflect this)

Julio

Postby birdman caw » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:05 pm

at what date it is appropriate to wear weird-shaped pants? knee-length leather coats? multiple scarves?

she's more of a white tee blue jeans CPs girl and i don't think she knows what she's gotten herself into

birdman caw

Postby bels » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:10 pm

All first date except the trousers, which needs further analysis

bels
Yung Winona

Postby chilljin » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:15 pm

essential first date wear for autumn/winter date in the north of england is a long coat, just something with a tail.

picture it, you're walking down the dock with a bird on your arm and the tail of your coat is blowing up and down, gliding gracefully through the course of the inevitable wind. now what else moves with the wind? capes. who wears capes? superheroes.

big long coat says you're ready to protect her from the world

at any point on the stroll you can also retrieve either a handy sandwich if you're feeling peckish, a book to spark conversation, or a passport to show off your global excursions. dare you try fit all them in a denim jacket.

plus the added bonus of wearing a long coat is that if the girl needs to borrow it and is wearing a short dress, you can have a quick laff about how she suddenly looks like a flasher

chilljin

Postby bels » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:22 pm

What if you're not dating a girl?

bels
Yung Winona

Postby can- » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:55 pm

what does the title of this thread mean??

can-

Postby chilljin » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:30 pm

Lad 2 years above me in school went on Take Me Out. I've met him at a few friend's birthdays ages ago but not really spoke to him since before this.

This intro of him should explain the premise of the show...

chilljin

Postby Julio » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:29 am

as long as your jacket game is strong you can lend her yours and feel warm in the chest at the sight of her in it
(lost count of how many times now)

also caps can be used to be vaguely cute about things?
unintentionally combo'd with long hair for interesting results: was going to tie my hair so i took my cap off and put it on her head and went about tying my hair
she ended up wearing it for the rest of the night (and she was v cute in it sigh)

tl;dr if she's totally down to wear your clothes the odds are in your favor, at least based on my experience

Julio

Postby ramseames » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:33 am

man highschool was the time

ramseames

Postby posh_somme » Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:32 pm

because im thin and tall-ish i just go for black denim jacket, hawaiian shirt, skinny jeans and chelseas. my gf says it's the fav thing of hers i've worn since she's known me which makes me sad because that's not really how i dress lol. but it probably is for a night out

i know some people hate skinny guys, so i want to be upfront. if you can't handle me at my skinniest, you don't deserve me at my straight leg

posh_somme

Postby Iliam » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:08 pm

Date Night Shirts

2nd date shirts

Break up shirts
(looking for more to fill out this category)

Iliam

Postby rjbman » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:45 pm

oh wait sorry there already is one, and you've posted in it

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby popcorn » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:24 am

I like Iliam's post because it finally reacts to the rampant power-posturing that Bela has characterized this thread with.

Of course it is good to be powerful. (Edit: see footnote) An ideal first date projection would be that of a regal warlord commanding a large military that is not answerable to any state. However, some people cannot present themselves as a wealthy, broad-shouldered protectorate.

The alternative approach should be the polar opposite. Instead of a doting patron, you must become the romantic refugee. You are a hole, the uncanny absence of love. Because of this character, you will attract affection like a vacuum. You wear clothing that is soft and disproportionately large in the scale of your frame. As a matter of fact, your frame does not matter. Representative of your character, your coat should provide enough room for another person. Your frame is hidden so completely that you do not display as much of a human being (your physical reality will be discovered much later), but as something innocent and pure beyond the system of competition that you have effectively shrugged off and subverted. You are not competing for or with your (prospective) romantic partner, but offering them a chance at a partnership that is mutually felt and abstract in practice. The date, as well, is anti-formalist and takes place in a home. Preferably the home is neither yours nor your partner's. Consider wearing a blanket. Consider speaking a language your partner does not. Speak in plain language or free verse. Do not attempt humor.

----
EDIT: I accidentally said that it is good to be powerful. It is good for oneself to be powerful. It is not good to be powerful.

popcorn

Postby INNIT » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:52 am

now that we're vegetarian the only thing i can get bae at mcdonalds is the apple pie. date wear for mcdonalds is supreme jeans, llbean tee (bought be4 the trump thing), black vans authentics and a toque to "tame the main" (TM)

edit: i also cop the fries

the fries use veggie oil now, no more beef tallow

INNIT

Previous

Return to Tags