[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - NO LIKEY, NO LIGHTY!

NO LIKEY, NO LIGHTY!

Clothes

NO LIKEY, NO LIGHTY!

Postby maj » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:30 pm

Thread for discussing the perfect date outfits, so much thought goes into them.

how do you approach it?

maj

Re: NO LIKEY, NO LIGHTY!

Postby ramseames » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:37 pm

mac coat is crucial. gotta have a mac coat for 1st dates.

coincidentally i had a really fantastic time this week with a new girl and she said she liked the mac. so there's an anecdote

ramseames

Postby alby » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:40 pm

I always get compliments for just wearing a whtie ocbd, raws, and cps. like every time. a mac would be a good edition to this i bet

i'd walk a mile for a camel
alby

Postby BIGBEE » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:43 pm

I always wear things that are completely out of character for me on first dates, like slim fit ocbd's and 513s. I don't understand my thought processes sometimes

BIGBEE

Postby maj » Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:01 pm

I've thought about date outfits for years now and my rules follow

- no less than one set of lapels, like the airport this is romantic

- has to look like you not some generic cookie cutter lets "look good", they already think you look good as they're dating you need 2 show them who u r

- gotta be SMART CASUAL, put some effort in lad/ladette

- have a piece of outwear for your significant other to wear if they choose, if you're out on late night strolls and it suddenly starts snowing lightly under the moonlight it could come in handy

Last edited by maj on Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
maj

Postby sensodyne » Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:05 pm

I wear white athletic socks on dates.

sensodyne

Postby UnwashedMolasses » Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:07 pm

Friendly tip: if you're going on a date with a black girl, don't wear a white shirt.

UnwashedMolasses

Postby sknss » Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:16 pm

Why not? ..

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby ramseames » Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:26 pm

also what the fuck does this title mean man, idgi Jam explain yourself

ramseames

Postby popcorn » Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:29 pm

popcorn

Postby Yoder » Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:31 pm

Mole's bae doesn't want her foundation to rub off on his shirt if they're macking. dark colors show easier on white shirts.

Yoder

Postby UnwashedMolasses » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:02 pm

Ding ding ding! Sorry, been busy with the UGA game. If you want a hug from a black person wearing makeup, best to choose a shirt that isn't so easily going to show makeup that may get rubbed off.

UnwashedMolasses

Postby INNIT » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:59 pm

when i take my bae out to mcdonalds it is generally black jeans + tee

if im gonna class it up a little and bring her somewhere nicer (boston pizzas, etc) ill wear a toque (to tame the mane) and maybe like a jacket or something

INNIT

Postby insect » Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:25 pm

i wear yohji and my girl dresses in vintage stuff with a 90s japanese feel to it.

note: she thinks i dress like a nerd

insect

Postby hmwut » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:18 am

blazer blue jeans sneakers

hmwut

Postby schiaparelli » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:01 am

i really don't like dressing too feminine on the first date because i feel there will be attendant expectations on how girly i will be going forward. so i do pants on first date, skirt/dress on second. i think i'm also more interested in dressing up more for the second date (established rapport and ability to converse confirmed). agree with others that smart casual is optimal.

one thing i'm always terrified of (given the kinds of people i'm usually interested in) is that i will be overdressed next to them and it'll be awkward.

schiaparelli

Postby silvaeri » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:20 am

I wore bike shorts under jean short cut-offs with a basic t-shirt on my last date. I think this might be an outlier.

In all seriousness on most dates I adhere to the smart casual school of thought. Nice jeans/chinos, button up shirt, and some form of jacket.

professional idiot.
silvaeri

Postby nick » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:44 am

being the undisputed pinnacle of all apparel, I would hope that the unstructured 3 button blazer would accompany me in any rendezvous that come my way - but I don't want to look disingenuous (even though its not!) since I'm still very much college aged and chances are dates will be younger than me, and may see a blazer of any form as being too 'tryhard'. at the same time, I think it's good to establish that I wear some 'out-there' things from time to time and can't play it *too* safe.

nick
Eminent Eminem

Postby missrowan » Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:03 pm

the sluttier you dress, the less effort you have to put into the actual date.

(this rule applies in general to social situations.)

missrowan

Postby UnwashedMolasses » Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:11 pm

Hypothetical question: Is it dishonest to wear something you normally wouldn't for the sake of a date? Would a blazer and chinos be a misrepresentation if you wear sweatpants every other day? Or does the context of the date imply a certain raised level of formality/effort?

Obviously not for me, just curious as to y'all's thoughts.

UnwashedMolasses

Postby yoyobeat » Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:29 pm

yoyobeat

Postby odradek » Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:43 pm

weird emerging slowly is personality. weird coming all it once is terrifying and off-putting.

odradek

Postby pips » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:12 am

I cannot remember the last time I went on a first date with anyone but I'd avoid wearing heels for a date even if it's the perfect occasion to wear them. I'd probably be too nervous and anxious and tripping is the last thing I need to be worrying about when I'm attempting to come across as a totally normal and likable person.

I like wearing skirts on dates because I'm in pants/trousers most other times and it's a nice change even if I'm not necessarily "dressed up."

pips

Postby germinal » Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:18 am

Let the care see the tags

germinal
Garminlad

Postby Iliam » Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:32 pm

Last edited by Iliam on Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iliam

Postby yoyobeat » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:13 pm

unless i spill something all over myself, will be wearing this out on a firstdate later

yoyobeat

Postby maj » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:21 pm

Mac, blazer, jeans and casual shirt ultimate date outfit? Smart aaaand casual.

Some of the female members should chime in and tell us their rules of engagement.

maj

Postby can- » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:56 pm

there is only one answer

Navy Blazer
White Collared Shirt
Smart Dark Jeans
Shoes

take off the blazer if this is some coffee shit.

dont take someone to coffee for a first date.

can-

Postby silvaeri » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:58 pm

i'm curious why you say no to coffee as a first date ?

professional idiot.
silvaeri

Postby can- » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:03 pm

not a lot to do if the convo lulls except stare into ur empty latte. then u might kiss someone w coffee breath! yuk.

first dates should be mobile and outside if weather permits.

can-

Next

Return to Tags