[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Trainers

Trainers

Clothes

Re: Trainers

Postby hharrissonn » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:10 am

Aprix APR002

Has anyone handled these/any of Aprix/Noah's footwear in general? I've been looking for a stitched sole alternative to old skools for a minute now (because glue constantly failing has become totally fucking infuriating) and these seem pretty solid. Really like the leather heel tab and the obvious Stan styling will be easy to work into pretty much everything I wear. I like that they stuck with a canvas upper instead of going full leather, still looks super clean and wouldn't make me anxious the way leather shoes sometimes do. Price point is, however, higher than I'd like. Would be much more approachable at about $60 less imo but I probably don't understand what making sneakers in Italy costs or whatever.

ig: hharrissonn
tumblr: dyetransfer.tumblr.com
hharrissonn
Look Arena Champion

Postby Northwest » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:22 am

Nike Air Max 2 Uptempo. Other colorways/OG colorways are underwhelming, but this one works for me.

Northwest

Postby costanza » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:29 pm

costanza

Postby Julio » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:24 am

these are a standout from the upcoming vans x taka hayashi drop. honestly making me feel lots feelings but i could just get GR all white prison issues for cheaper at vans
but honestly will probably just get CT 70 deck shoe/slip ons to change things up

but yes, v nice these ones

Julio

Postby ASTROCHIMP » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:59 am

Vans is rereleasing the first Salman Agah pro model. I really like them but probably won't pick a pair up.

Also if you're at all interested in old school Vans(not the shoe) check out this site.

Lot of cool stuff and history of different shoes in their blog.
Personal Favorites

I'll stop wearing black when they invent a darker color.

Check out my shit tumblr.

Also consider checking out my music.

Follow me.
ASTROCHIMP

Postby ramseames » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:12 pm

yung lean x eytys

ramseames

Postby sunblam » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:33 am

This is from some cheap fast fashion site, but I like them so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hello hello
I love you I love you
(maybe)
sunblam

Postby Noah » Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:51 pm

Could never pull these off.

Noah

Postby pirxthepilot » Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:00 am

marni x vans

pirxthepilot

Postby Northwest » Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:51 am

Minotaur Urban Gear x Moonstar

White and Blue colorways as well:

Northwest

Postby Northwest » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:25 am

Giving these a separate post because I feel like this trend has been going on for awhile. Alternate/additional closures on classic silhouettes have been popping up on plenty of big brand shoes but its strange how much more the iterations of the everyday enthusiast appeal to me.

Grailed just did one of their In Medias Res profiles (reminiscent of the Third Looks style profiles but more vanilla in editorial presentation) on Vell Beck who decided to put straps and a buckle on vans old skool pro lows. Most appealing iteration for me is the micro-checked straps as they pay homage to vans heritage and add to the idea of remaining within the spirit of the silhouette.

Thoughts?

Northwest

Postby costanza » Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:04 pm

Gram 430g:

costanza

Postby ramseames » Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:28 pm

Those are vile

ramseames

Postby adiabatic » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:11 pm

Errolson Hugh said he did his Nike collab sneakers with the zippers on the side so you could get your laces juuuuust right and then leave them there, encased in amber, while you get your feet in and out through the side zippers. I thought it was weird, but the addition had a purpose.

This buckle doesn't add anything to the shoe except…itself. Oh, and the extra hassle of dealing with both a buckle and laces.

“clothing for attractive rich people in their 20s to go to weddings in” — Zack Johnson on Vineyard Vines
adiabatic

Postby ramseames » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:36 pm

Can't remember if anyone posted these jawns but they're the proper way to do clip buckle sneaks

ramseames

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:03 am

really wanna be friends with the kind of people that would drop a rack on these tbh

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby e0d9n0b5 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:12 am

i dont rly get hender scheme

e0d9n0b5

Postby jujumaster » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:08 pm

Been liking these Pierre Hardy 'Comets' lately, but 400 on a pair? must be mad.

jujumaster

Postby fun_yunchables » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:01 pm

clearweather donnys. $65 price point to boot -- seems like a good deal depending on how they hold up

coolest lame guy u'll ever meet
fun_yunchables

Postby rjbman » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:51 pm

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby bleeker » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:08 am

Retro adidas trainers that all kind of look the same are slightly hyped right now (which I can dig) but because I grew up with them, Adidas handball Spezials forever hold a special place in my heart.

I love the slight curve up of the toe panel on the inside of the foot & the vents on the toe of the sole.
The suede is also so fuzzy
You can change the color of the shoe based on how you rub the suede :0

Finally, they are a tank of a shoe and can probably take what you throw at them for years on end (mine have).
They're sadly difficult to find in the US though

bleeker

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:16 am

hooooo boy

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:58 am

been seeing techwear dudes pulling these off: hoka tor ultra hi
can't resist a hyper-aggro silhouette

edit: some on-feet pix for

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby ramseames » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:48 am

been thinking about HIs for a while, should probably just do it this summer

ramseames

Postby bleeker » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:10 pm

Eytys made a skate shoe
they call it the Wave, it technically has the specs for skating with "optimal flexibility and board feel" in the description but I don't think very many people will skate a $310 shoe made of premium roughout suede. Who knows. Clearly influenced by 90s cupsole vans.

bleeker

Postby saveed_samir » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:32 pm

wat are those....

saveed_samir

Postby Julio » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:29 pm

huh. i really like those, but then that might be my frustration at missing out on all the wonky 90s airwalks; pre-payless era things.

chances are that my fondness for them will be a flash in the pan, though. that's how i've found myself feeling about all eytys footwear thus far. something about the pricing i just can't get behind? the kibo slip ons are still v nice tho

Julio

Postby BIGBEE » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:36 pm

northwave espressos are kind of like those eytys but a lot a lot better.

BIGBEE

Postby trasparenti » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:00 pm

Yeah those eytys look like Northwaves/90s Vans/Etnies/etc which is cool but for $310 meh

Mizuno is doing some rly cool things, Wave GV got noticed by some Western blogs

also Wave Sirius is vgood but vpricey
http://www.mizunoshop.net/f/dsg-605657
http://www.mizunoshop.net/f/dsg-605647

trasparenti
Japanese Correspondent

Postby popcorn » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:10 pm

I had no idea Mizuno did anything short of technical running shoes. Feels really weird seeing my favorite running shoes I've ever worn (the wave racer) as a leather lifestyle shoe. I guess this is my old guy "those are tennis shoes!" moment

popcorn

PreviousNext

Return to Tags