[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - takahiro miyashita - number (n)ine and the soloist

takahiro miyashita - number (n)ine and the soloist

Clothes

takahiro miyashita - number (n)ine and the soloist

Postby hmwut » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:32 pm

hmwut

Re: takahiro miyashita - number (n)ine and the soloist

Postby hmwut » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:08 pm

hmwut

Postby hmwut » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:37 pm

hmwut

Postby hmwut » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:01 pm

About a month after Number (N)ine became defunct, Takahiro announced a new brand, named The Soloist. Though not as rock & roll as Number (N)ine, The Soloist approaches similar themes from a new perspective. Jeans composed of different patches of vintage Levi's, ragged edges and wrinkles, animal skins, patched together outerwear and shirting, all with the same level of detail and quality as Number (N)ine, if not more.

F/W 2010

S/S 2011

F/W 2011

S/S 2012

F/W 2012

S/S 2013

F/W 2013

Last edited by hmwut on Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
hmwut

Postby hmwut » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:09 pm

hmwut

Postby can- » Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:18 pm

interesting that he's into the americana thing, i see it now but previously i've always had him pegged pretty narrowly into the paul harnden/ann dem victorian scarecrow ethos. thanks for this

can-

Postby hmwut » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:22 am

you can find flirtations with the 19th century gentleman/dandy aesthetic well into his earlier collections, it being very apparent in his 2006 collections. however, he makes a clear shift in design choice in his last two collections for number (n)ine, they're essentially precursors to what would be fully imagined in The Soloist. i prefer the americana/rock-inspired stuff, but F/W 2009 is by far my favorite season for Miyashita. what a fucking show.

you can see somewhat of a revival of number (n)ine's earlier "look" in S/S 13 of the Soloist, but other than that miyashita is doing quite a bit of sportswear, which is not unlike some of what daiki suzuki is doing. stuff is crazy expensive though. luckily number (n)ine stuff goes for pretty cheap on rak and y!jp, and i've managed to pick up a few pieces, all of which i've been consistently impressed with. i'm not super interested in artisanal quality clothing, but the little details and fit/quality of all the pieces i've bought are far beyond practically all of the designer pieces i've bought. really have made an impression on me. when i have time i'll post a few detail shots of the pieces i have.

hmwut

Postby germinal » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:22 am

good thread hmmwhat

details of my miyashita pieces:

number (n)ine tank (ss08)

soloist shirt (aw11)

soloist tee (ss11, i think)

soloist stuff in particular is amazing wrt fabrics/patterning/construction etc
you can really see why it costs what it does (though it doesn't make the prices any more palatable)

germinal
Garminlad

Postby bels » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:26 pm

That fashion week looking pic with the bokeh and 80 layers is stupid.

Stuff looks way cooler in the look books etc

bels
Yung Winona

Postby germinal » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:17 pm

germinal
Garminlad

Postby kill-9 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:12 pm

his pieces hits a niche for me. my favorite pair of shoes are the adidas x soloists and that barely brushes upon his collections.

kill-9

Postby soundclip989 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:46 pm

Good thread.

I really like the final n(n) collections like this:

And I'm totally in love with most of The Soloist. Especially his use of grey tones.

soundclip989

Postby hmwut » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:48 pm

last three n(n) collection are basically soloist. the aesthetic shift is very apparent, makes sense that he wished to start a new brand with it's own identity while leaving the spirit of number (n)ine intact.

some seriously nice pieces this season, expecting astronomical prices as usual

and of course the jewelleryyyyyyyyyyyyy

hmwut

Postby soundclip989 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:01 pm

That first shirt is beautiful.

soundclip989

Postby hunnish » Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:55 pm

really want this shirt but that price is crazy

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/kind ... 207000337/

hunnish