[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Uniform Challenge v.1

Uniform Challenge v.1

Clothes

Re: Uniform Challenge v.1

Postby bels » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:35 am

Uniform is killing me. Wore trainers today because I just DIDN'T FEEL LIKE wearing derbies.

wonder if this is one of those things where you have to do it for a month and then it becomes second nature but before then it's a pain.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby sknss » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:58 am

I find it hilarious that you're the one suffering in this challenge

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby smiles » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:44 pm

hmm.

Personally I've been having no problem with my uniform for the past week and a bit. I'm not tired of what I'm wearing, and everything has remained clean and stain free (with some washing of course). Having done this challenge in conjunction with the Marie Kondo tidying up method, i've really cleaned up my wardrobe and my room. Still I feel like I could let more stuff go (some more pants, and a bunch of books). I don't think I'd want to only wear this uniform for the rest of the year but if I were able to add some variety without making it stressful to get dressed I think i would be quite content. full disclosure, those layer-0 derbs arrived in the mail last week, i got a sweet tender sweater from jrisk, and i bought a pair of pants, so it hasn't been that helpful in curbing purchases.

I guess for me, at the final level it comes down to my desire to become mythical, if that's the right word. Not grounded but not extra-terrestrial. and not some kind of tumblr lifestyle superficiality. I want my internal architecture to meet my external reality and to fit so completely that I can not be understood as anything less or more than myself. It's probably impossible but I think one of the main points of Kondo's book is working to achieve this coherence.

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby bels » Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:08 pm

Why'd you need to wear one set of clothes for that to happen though.

Unrelated belaform pics that I only just remembered to upload under the cut

bels
Yung Winona

Postby smiles » Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:24 pm

I don't need only one set, but ideally a small number. Because I feel that's how I would be happiest. I would only have to wear things that 'spark joy' and also in reducing the number, the items I do keep would become signs for me rather than just clothes that anyone wears.

This doesn't have to be what you want to gain from this challenge. But hopefully the challenge be can promote thoughtfulness wrt your own happiness and or wardrobe

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby vgtbls » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:27 pm

http://www.theage.com.au/entertainment/ ... 1ncdz.html

If Karl Stefanovic can do it so can you.

Granted he has a very consistent job. Regardless, he is a flintstone to us all

vgtbls

Postby bels » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:43 pm

I'm back with my moms and have taken up civilian wear until I get back to my primary wardrobe.

Doing terribly at this. Can't believe it.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby BIGBEE » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:41 pm

hello!
I ended up changing my uniform a little ways in so I'll be doing the challenge for a bit longer than the deadline
I've broken uniform twice, it really is harder than I thought. I get so bored wearing the same thing every day.
anyhow changed the uniform to wtaps jeans, north face shell, sweatshirt I made, af1. Mostly wanted to try out this "fades" thing :P

BIGBEE

Postby CleanThug » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:36 pm

Those jeans are once washed, gonna have to wear the fuck out of them to fade

CleanThug

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:07 pm

I do think this is interesting, but it's a little bit different for me.

I don't set out to wear a uniform, but most of the time I wear Story. We don't make jersey or shirts so I usually wear a striped T or an overhead shirt daily and a jumper. They're all really similar and just different colours. As we make more I'll no doubt wear 100% Story. Essentially I wear a time jacket, shirt, 0 jeans and eytys every day.

It's very, very freeing. I can get ready in 10 mins in the morning and I like the way I look.

That said I wouldn't limit myself. When I'm not trying to maximise sleep I'll wear something different and I think it's important (to me) to have a wide wardbrobe because at the end of the day clothing is an interest.

A lot has been said recently about tech ceo's (and some fashion) who commit to one ensemble because they don't want to divide their attention between their work and what they wear. Each to their own, and it might make for a great leadership, but I think I need that playfulness in my life.

My round about point is that I actually have a uniform, in the sense that I have an outfit I wear for around 40 hours a week (usually much more, but I mean a working weeks worth) even though my workplace doesn't call for one.

But I think we should remember that a uniform isn't something you wear every waking moment. That's called something else, and it's a tool of oppression when enforced. That might seem really over the top, but it's an important distinction for me.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby bels » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:14 pm

I dunno bobbin, I thought the same about myself. When I started this challenge I was exclusively wearing: One of two black jeans, a white tshirt or shirt, two identical cos linen knits in different colours, a cardigan, and either white trainers or dark derbies. It felt like I was in a uniform because of how fast I could get dressed but switching from that to (almost) literally the same thing every day has felt kind of different.

I think what I'm learning is that although I want to have a uniform (there's a reason I have so many long sleeve white tshirts) I absolutely want to be able to randomly switch it up when I feel like it. I don't know if I could literally wear the same thing with no variation a la Jobs or whoever. Maybe just in terms of practicality. Like some days I feel like I'll do a lot of walking and want to wear trainers, some days it's raining and I want to wear boots, some days I want to feel aggro, some days cozy. I don't yet have an outfit that can hit every point on the plot of formal/practical/whatever. Then again, maybe having a uniform means coming to terms with that kind of thing and just having wet socks some days and overheating on your bike other days and wearing a t-shirt to meet the queen other days.

This thread really brings out the navel gazer within me. Not that that is hard to do.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby bels » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:36 am

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:30 pm

Unless I'm being completely dense you're agreeing with me aren't you?

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby bels » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:12 pm

I disagreed about some semantics as to what constitutes a uniform. But with hindsight, they're pretty pointless things to disagree about.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby hot coffee » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:33 pm

Can I have multiple jumpers that just differ in color?

Can I have two styles of pant (same brand) ????

(pls)

hot coffee

Postby bels » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:58 am

You can do what you want, but I always think of my Project Lead who wears the same high rise too short inseam black jeans and the same pair of 1461 docs and the same black belt and the same oversized grey jumper with a rotation of what I assume are different black tshirts.

I've seen him on the weekend and he was wearing it then too.

After a while the jeans fade to that deep blue that washed black jeans will fade to, then he eventually buys a new pair.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby smiles » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:22 am

^ That sounds depressing bela.

Three weeks in for me. I haven't been posting much about the uniform challenge because I haven't been thinking about it much honestly. It's just what I wear. It's pretty convenient because now I only take about 30 seconds to get dressed. Over the last few days or so, I've begun to get a bit tired of wearing the same jeans everyday, and also I'm starting to feel sorry for my other clothing laying in the dresser not being worn. Guess I'm channeling Marie Kondo again. Ideal wardrobe would therefore be small enough for me to appreciate each item but not so large as to make me anxious, and fill up no more than a medium size suitcase.

how are other people doing?

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby bels » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:32 pm

Climbing up the walls.

I sort of don't like my outfit that much which isn't helping. Also it isn't warm enough as the weather has been getting colder. Also I want to bring out all my winter stuff from the archive but I can't.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby INNIT » Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:52 am

as i look at my recent waywt pics i realize ive developed something resembling a uniform. my "uniform" isnt to the same extent as et al, but everyday im wearing the same basic shit: one of my CE tee (theyre all graphic tees so i never look like im wearing the same shirt), same jeans and shoes, same coat (with or w/o hoodie underneath), same preme messenger.

it's kind of nice. i feel cool in my clothes w/o feeling uncomfortable. i used to look at all the cool fits i saw on the internet and try to dress like them. this often led to me feeling uncomfortable in my surroundings because a) the city i live in, although large, is still not very cosmopolitan and b) i just didnt have the steez/confidence to pull that shit off. also im not very good at styling clothes to begin with so sticking to stuff i felt comfortable in (read: jeans and tshirt) was an easy transition. i sold off all of the pieces i owned that required large amounts of effort to style or were just impractical for canadian weather (sorry CE outerwear).

i def dont look as dope in day-to-day life as the many talented individuals on this forum who are very good at styling clothes, but i also get dressed every morning in 5 seconds flat without having to put any thought into the process. not sure what my next purchases will b. i think im going to keep buying CE tees periodically and mb grab a cool flannel or something. might grab RC sweats. scary to buy stuff

INNIT

Postby dzogchen » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:24 am

what's CE?

edit: nvm its cav empt isn't it?

dzogchen

Postby bels » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:53 am

Hope you're all ready for CASUAL SUIT UNIFORM CHALLENGE 2k15

Start date APRIL 1ST (no foolin)

THE RULES

I don't care, there are no rules, do whatever you want. Wear one casual suit the whole time, swap between two, wear the same shirt wear different shirts wear the same spezzato wear different spezzato WHATEVER.

APRIL 1ST

bels
Yung Winona

Postby bels » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:07 am

buy that denim suit that I have off eBay and wear that. You're an artist so it'll look cool.

Here is some flintstone:

http://oldtownnews.tumblr.com/post/1074 ... t-as-model

bels
Yung Winona

Postby bels » Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:16 am

No fooling

bels
Yung Winona

Postby sknss » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:10 pm

sknss

Postby bels » Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:22 pm

Different casual suit for poetry performance

bels
Yung Winona

Postby can- » Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:20 pm

bela wearing 5-9 suits is hardly a uniform

can-

Postby bels » Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:53 pm

Parlez merde envoyez une photo de vetements

bels
Yung Winona

Postby stappard_ » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:00 am

how did the summer suit perform on the first summer suit weather day of the year yesterday

stappard_

Postby bels » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:07 am

I didn't leave the house.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby sknss » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:19 am

week 1

sknss

PreviousNext