[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - absolutely no interest in fashion

absolutely no interest in fashion

Clothes

absolutely no interest in fashion

Postby paislexy » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:35 am

Personally I have absolutely no interest in fashion and find it amusing/superficial/ridiculous that people spend so much time, money and effort just in an attempt to look good. So many people seem to care about it though so I'm just wondering if someone could enlighten me so I can learn a bit more.

paislexy

Re: absolutely no interest in fashion

Postby camping jazz » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:48 am

it's like being able to wear your favorite album

camping jazz

Postby Suquida » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:57 am

Why did you sign up to a fashion forum to tell people this

Suquida

Postby absurdmind » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:50 am

one day when Plato had invited to his house friends coming from Dionysius, Diogenes trampled upon his carpets and said, "I trample upon Plato's vainglory." Plato's reply was, "How much pride you expose to view, Diogenes, by seeming not to be proud." Others tell us that what Diogenes said was, "I trample upon the pride of Plato," who retorted, "Yes, Diogenes, with pride of another sort."

absurdmind

Postby DeafIdiotGod » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:42 am

DeafIdiotGod

Postby schiaparelli » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:45 am

schiaparelli

Postby can- » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:56 am

then youre in the right place!!

can-

Postby blanket » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:15 pm

blanket

Postby Syeknom » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:27 pm

Clothes can be fun

Syeknom

Postby une_impasse » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:28 pm

But seriously, not caring about fashion is still caring about fashion, you can't completely remove yourself from it without commenting on it. You do put effort in how you dress and how others perceive you even by not caring, it's a very weird paradox but everything you wear or choose not to wear says something about you to other people, and being able to control that or use it to your advantage is quite fun.

For me, self-esteem took a long time to develop, and once I felt good about myself, it became much easier and more fun to put effort into looking good, and in turn being proud and excited about what I'm wearing helps me feel good about myself.

une_impasse

Postby Morlin » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:12 pm

these bots are getting really judgemental

I think that it is not. Cowichan, etc., If you prefer a thick knit, how about you? It is cool there is atmosphere!
Morlin

Postby nick » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:14 pm

because of those days where you look at yourself in every reflective surface with your model face and say: "Damn look at that handsome fella"

nick
Eminent Eminem

Postby vgtbls » Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:42 pm

I got into fashion because one time I was super high and accidentally clicked on /fa/

vgtbls

Postby yoyobeat » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:58 pm

To add to the pretty cool responses of schiaparelli and natural log above, I want to highlight one of the most incredible things about fashion: it is dynamic. Your perspective on it may radically shift over time because of how many different (but valid) viewpoints there are. I know mine has.

Fashion encourages almost schizophrenic identities, which, while bad for the wallet and maybe the inner peace of the soul, has the benefit of opening you up to different ways of viewing things. I feel like once I wear different types of clothes I inhabit subtly different worlds - the clothes really do affect how I see the world around me as well as myself. I also think that trying out new ways of dressing doesn't betray any kind of roots. There's a reason why a lot of the #menswear people of the last decade grew up as sneakerheads. Similar overlying culture, different surface content. I studied English and it might be that part of me that appreciates that fashion has no right answer. Or you could say there are many right answers.

Clothes engage the senses. Art is food mostly for the eyes. But fabrics, and the clothes that people use them to make, are the rare objects that are DESIGNED to give you a complex experience of touch. Beyond what fabric feels like to your fingers, or a soft cashmere scarf around your neck, the weight (or lightness) of fabrics on your body is an amazing feeling. Sometimes to the point of being an almost erotic experience. :razz:

yoyobeat

Return to Tags