[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - We don't run on this high street; we run this high street

We don't run on this high street; we run this high street

Clothes

Re: We don't run on this high street; we run this high stree

Postby iamacyborg » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:28 pm

Allsaints suiting is actually quite nice too, in terms of the fabrics they use compared to other high street retailers.

iamacyborg

Postby rublev » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:42 pm

Also maybe Peir Wu could use these sandals as well?

All new from H&M. Tempted to buy it all summer 2k14 high street look

rublev
Political Editor

Postby rublev » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:50 pm

Also, lol, Topman tries a Lemaire-like coat

smh

rublev
Political Editor

Postby prawnzee » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:41 pm

h&m dipping their toes into the wedding dress business

prawnzee

Postby iamacyborg » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:17 pm

H&M always have really nice product photos that never match up to the actual product you see in stores.

iamacyborg

Postby hunnish » Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:52 pm

I went to an h&m today to check out that stuff because I feared what imacyborg said, but they didn't have any of it in stock.

hunnish

Postby can- » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:14 am

got a gift card to the gap for my birthday so i stopped in today, my shilling for the gap is well documented but i was especially impressed today by what i saw. hearing rumors here and there that gap has contracted out the COS team for some of their gear, i would believe it.

some things on offer that caught my attention:

- a slim white jean in japanese selvage, one wash, great value at $90 for people who wanna catch the wave but don't want to cash out for supreme, apc, etc

- well detailed ocbds (box pleat, locker loop, etc) in a casual and uneven weave that i probably couldn't distinguish from supreme or RRL in a blind test. no idea if they'll fade well or poorly which is the true test of oxford cloth, but out the box these are stunning.

- lightly paddded slimfit MA-1

- midweight down jackets in a textured nylon, felt and looked a lot like stone island's offerings in the last 3 years.

- as always, gap's garment dyes are top notch and their unstructured tailoring is top notch for the price.

can-

Postby bels » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:50 pm

If they have a bomber jacket then that's definitely the work of the COS team because the COS team can't make anything except bomber jackets.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby rublev » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:54 pm

Those H&M jacket and trousers are already sold out in my size goddammit :((( too slow. WHY do i wait and hold off on buying a pair of £19 trousers i don't know. Urgh! Maybe they'll hit in store as well.

and lol @ cos bombers. It was pretty ridiculous last season, every new piece of outwear was a bomber. Lightweight bomber, bomber in scuba fabric, jersey bomber, bomber in technical fabric, bomber made out of gravel, grass covered sleeve bomber etc.

rublev
Political Editor

Postby rublev » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:05 pm

ben, was this the bomber:

???

rublev
Political Editor

Postby Yoder » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:24 pm

my gap bomber was very disappointing :(

super wrinkly cotton material that feels like paper in comparison to nicer jackets I've bought since.

Gap just feels like a poor man's J Crew to me, I'd rather pay the 10-20 dollars more for the better fit and materials since their designs are pretty much identical in the basics. Part of it might be that I'm in an area that wouldn't get anything "edgy" in the gap though.

Yoder

Postby bels » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:49 pm

Never been disappointed with a GAP product tbh. Maybe a little overpriced but compared to other stuff on the high street no it isn't. Good sales too.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby maj » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:10 pm

always associated gap with those people who like to shop at out of town retail parks on their sundays and had their kids dressed in those zip GAP hoodies, was a bit like those kids who got decked out in next buy their mum because it was seen as a step up from sports world or primark with their dads driving some form of 4x4 while also owning a van. epitome of 1st generation middle class.

maj

Postby wiggly--woo » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:38 pm

has there ever been an explanation for why some people call it 'the gap' rather than just 'gap'?

wiggly--woo

Postby rublev » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:11 pm

Some new stuff on the weekday store. I might get a few things but my record so far of sending everything back doesn't give me a lot of hope...

kinda like the vest thing

....also tempted by

might be a bit shit irl though

rublev
Political Editor

Postby rublev » Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:13 pm

go back a page in this thread - i posted about Weekday about 1/3 down. Another Scandi brand owned by H&M like COS etc.

rublev
Political Editor

Postby iamacyborg » Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:43 pm

I still own a bunch of tshirts from Gap that I bought about 7 years ago, no fraying, no loose threads, no tears, and they fit really well. All for £8.

iamacyborg

Postby Whype » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:07 pm

Walked into GAP to try on a blazer today and I was pretty impressed. Unstructured, unlined, fuller cut is definitely on trend and the fabric was nice and crinkly. Not really in the market for a blazer atm but I might scoop it up on clearance at the end of the season. Nice affordable airport jacket (smiling)... And I swear everything size Small from there fits me damn near perfect.
EDIT: sorry for the linked pic, couldn't figure out how to link properly on mobile

Whype

Postby Whype » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:15 pm

Also: appreciation post for GAP lived in chinos/shorts.. I feel like they're some of the only high street garments where fabric is a huge selling point, not just passable or a stand-in for the "real thing"

Whype

Postby maj » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:17 am

cos knit game is off the chain this season, great double layer knits and good use of 3d knits all going for £30 in the sales. RICH pickings

http://www.cosstores.com/gb/Shop/Men/Knitwear

:sweg:

maj

Postby rublev » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:58 am

Every single knit is 'regular fit' or 'standard straight fit' i just wish they'd stick their toe in the water of difference for a sec and see how things go.

rublev
Political Editor

Postby tomsfood » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:27 am

tomsfood
Look Arena Champion

Postby rublev » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:19 pm

Image Image

H&M goin crazy for dat elasticated shit

...pants look like they could be cool though

rublev
Political Editor

Postby maj » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:33 pm

maj

Postby hunnish » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:14 pm

hunnish

Postby rublev » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:32 pm

That's cool. I got the sandals and trousers but they've not arrived yet. Will fit pic when they do.

rublev
Political Editor

Postby quad » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:17 pm

was in H&M today and was drawn to a shacket. it was a nice olive color and had nice big comfy hand pockets(!!!!!) insta bought

quad

Postby rublev » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:50 pm

Don't think i'm gonna hold onto those h&m trousers. Fabric is actually really quite interesting but i'm still building a good summer wardrobe so unless it offers something totally new / necessary i'm not gonna hold onto it. The sandals are kinda dumb and flimsy but i got them with 25% off and they look quite cool (even with those trousers). Will maybe try and do a fit pic tomorrow. Still want the Camper ones but these will be good beaters for when it gets hot.

Zara channel Visvim?

rublev
Political Editor

Postby CleanThug » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:58 pm

Ordered the Gap bomber higher up on this page. Will update when it comes

CleanThug

Postby kyung » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:07 pm

heavy co-sign on those h&m pants, i don't think i've ever had a pair of pants fit me so spot on straight out of the package than these do

the fabric is lightweight and stretchy and perfect for just lounging around in the warmer weather

KIMCHI SLAP

_( :⁍ 」 )_
kyung

PreviousNext

Return to Tags