[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - We don't run on this high street; we run this high street

We don't run on this high street; we run this high street

Clothes

Re: We don't run on this high street; we run this high stree

Postby vgtbls » Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:10 pm

@kyung do you think they'd fit someone slightly taller than you? I'm about 6'2" and want something like AA's billionaire pants.

vgtbls

Postby kyung » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:40 pm

i'm talking about the "loose fit suit pants". these aren't really like the billionaire pant as there is no elastic cuff at the bottom, sorry!

KIMCHI SLAP

_( :⁍ 」 )_
kyung

Postby rublev » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:54 pm

I tried on the elasticated cuffed h&m pants and they were actually not bad. I've tried those AA ones and the h&m pair are probably just as good. Still didn't like the fit thought... but for £14.99 it could work for you. Cotton is nicely washed and will probably crinkle quite well.

I thought about keeping the loose fit suit pants but backed them. I think they'd probably work in a relaxed Our Legacy kind of way... or at least that's how i'd imagine wearing them. Pair of sandals and a loose linen shirt or whatever. But they still didn't sit right for me.

rublev
Political Editor

Postby vgtbls » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:47 pm

It looks like the elastic cuffs are sold out online. Mono bummer. I don't live near a store.

vgtbls

Postby bels » Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:38 pm

Hit up the high street today. Learned the following:

COS chinos fit me in a 46 which is weird because in almost all their other trousers only a 48 fits me but the 48 in those chinos is huge
COS has some cool cotton linen trousers with a button fly coming in
I'm going to buy that COS lightweight wool suit in a 48 as soon as it hits sales
Common Cosjects fit true I'm a 41 in them
COS has a black square of cotton linen material with frayed edges for £20.

MUJI long sleeve tshirts feel a lot more substantial than uniqlo's for the same price. Sized true they fit OK but what if they shrink in the wash???? Size up one just in case. (M for me) Noone else except me buys long sleeve tshirts though so i dunno.
MUJI size S trousers are a bit tight for me but maybe they'll stretch? Their slim fits look alright but their regular fit aren't particularly large either. They're 100% cotton and for my personal use seem a lot better than uniqlo.
MUJI has linen shirts that look and fit identical to uniqlo's but they cost £20 more. The linen looks a bit more irregular. Size down if you want but why do you want to?

bels
Yung Winona

Postby rublev » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:10 am

The sizing on their trousers can be all over the place. COS spring stuff has been pretty poor so far, disappointing. Last year lost it a bit with the whole sport jizz but they had some very cool pieces like that oversized linen shirt and thick cotton pants with the elasticated waist band. Wish i'd picked up that orange parka though, urgh.

Also, news just in:

Drops November 6th.

rublev
Political Editor

Postby bels » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:59 am

Could have some cool tshirts. Maybe a cool tracksuit or something?

I guess it'll just be like t by wang but cheaper quality.

That orange parka was badass. I think they have more trousers with elasticated waists this season though.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby bels » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:02 am

your favourite high street brand has linen shirts in for £7 more than uniqlo ones.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby hirokinakamura » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:03 am

I'm down for some AWang at H&M prices

Will scoop up the scoop necks

The Loopwheel Lord, King of Sweatshirts, and consummate Watch Snob
hirokinakamura

Postby rublev » Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:45 pm

rublev
Political Editor

Postby bels » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:42 pm

common cosjects are up:

size true my son.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby CleanThug » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:49 pm

My Gap jacket came. It seems like a great jacket especially at the ~$60~ price point (on sale). I won't do a review on first impressions, so expect one later one.

I figured that i'd post a fit check just to make sure it's good. I think it fits pretty well, but I often convince myself that everything does(sending something back to an e-store sucks).

(sorry in advance for the shitty lighting, turned the exposure down a bit on my camera, not the best desicion)

CleanThug

Postby rublev » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:05 pm

Tried the COS cuffed cotton trousers today and to my surprise they're a great fit. I went for a 46 and they're slimmer than the online photos suggest. Still relaxed, but they're more fitted and a more recognisable taper. Reminds me a of a pair of Dries pants from a few summers ago. The best thing though, is the fabric. Some of the nicest feeling cotton i've felt in a while. Really light and crispy... with an almost 'slick' finish. Made in Portugal. Will cop soon for relaxed wear.

rublev
Political Editor

Postby nick » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:15 pm

I wonder how much COS US pricing will reflect the prices at Opening Ceremony : https://www.openingceremony.us/products ... 2&view=all
All of the prices basically match the UK prices converted from pounds to USD. Typically everything is cheaper in the US, but who knows.

nick
Eminent Eminem

Postby maj » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:34 am

I've been into town like twice recently and both times I've seen some dude with a Cpcompany jacket (no mirror) usually surrounded by a group of fellow banter boys dressed in the latest offerings from size? Usually sporting a joey Essex cut and pin rolling everything down to their boxers. Banter lads are leaving topman for new trend grazing fields.

The term "what is every chief wearing aka what we wore 6 months ago and now dislike" is growing ever more relevant.

Also found out why every guy seems to have the same pair of nbs, it's the only pair jd sells in store here.

maj

Postby can- » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:40 am

muji ss14 is coming in and looks really good, muji summer stuff is always better than the winter gear IMO.

-charming buttonless polo shirts in pique

-97 cotton 3 stretch pressed trousers, these wear really well for the 50$ price.

-no pics but muji is also making really nice modal/silk blend scarves, they are more Levi's/45rpm than ann but super for the price tag and probably wouldn't look bad if you snuck a gray or white one into a #gothic wardrobe.

-there are also nice cutaway collar shirts for sprezzing on a budget

can-

Postby bels » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:10 pm

I went into the sports direct in the bullring yesterday and it was eye opening. Will have to go back and take pics/video.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby quad » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:10 pm

want opinions on this: the H&M "suit" in linen, as seen in pronssi's waywt, except in the lighter white/beige color still at $35, could the pants be worn casually? to me they look fine, but i have 0 knowledge on suiting and what would tell those pants apart from casual linen pants. dont want their regular white linen pants that are $20 cuz they were completely see through on me. I couldnt find them online EDIT: here http://www.hm.com/us/product/24146?arti ... le=24146-C . would be interested in either color or both

could also look at these: http://www.hm.com/us/product/21066?article=21066-A but they werent in my store.

quad

Postby Bootz_Rex » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:50 pm

I tried both of those on today, actually. The suit pants were cut a lot slimmer and were obviously more formal looking with a crease running down the legs. The other pair was too baggy for me to consider buying but if you have legs bigger than sticks they might fit. The second pair also had draw strings at the leg opening that could be fun to play with.

But yeah, the suit pants look like suit pants I don't think they'd work in casual fits very well.

Bootz_Rex

Postby bels » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:16 pm

Casual creased trousers is a tough sell.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby iamacyborg » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:41 pm

iamacyborg

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:40 am

Looks like Primark is heading stateside.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-27122815

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby RycePooding » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:49 am

What's the down low on Primark?

RycePooding

Postby bueno » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:05 pm

Never shopped much there as i didn't live in the UK until recently, but so far I have to say i really like the Primark slim fit plain tees. £2.50, so they cost less than a cup of coffee, and so far they haven't been ruined in wash/dry. They're quite thin (but not so much that you can see nipples through the white tees) but I don't mind that. I have one in burgundy that seems to be thicker than my two in white but i'd probably put that down to poor QC? I buy Medium (S in H&M plain tees if that means anything) and they tend to fit me better after one or two wash/dry cycles because they shrink a little. Granted I haven't had any experience with many 'higher-end' tees.

I have a puffer vest from there that i bought to be part of a marty mcfly costume but have only worn it twice, so can't really judge. it seems alright for the price. Also have a pair of chinos which are really thin and pretty poor quality (as expected) so won't be buying those again.

Apart from that I don't have much experience with Primark although walking through the shop i've never been drawn to much in there - basically just low quality fast fashion.

bueno

Postby rublev » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:22 am

Time for a 'Rublev looks at what's on the high street but probably won't bother buying' segment.

Still never got anything from Zara so these will probably (definitely?) be crappy quality but i commend them for trying.

Linen popover with hood... size up one roll the sleeves wait for the crinkle. Could be way cool.

Linen pants with drawstring waist and elasticated hem. I actually REALLY want these. The print is kinda wild but also subtle... reminds me of the current Kenzo wave theme but these are leaves (apparently)

Close up of print:

MORE LINEN... mao collar, hidden placket, funny tie things at the neck.

Also comes in white

Quite a cool bomber from Topman but quality will probably be even worse than Zara.

Nothing worth talking about on COS yet :(

Linen / elasticated cuffs / bomber jackets = high street summer 2k14... guess it could be worse.

rublev
Political Editor

Postby bels » Thu May 01, 2014 1:20 pm

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Thu May 01, 2014 2:52 pm

My brain processed that in the same way it processes any brand surprising me:

1. Woah! This stuff is AMAZING
2. So reasonable! I can buy so much for much less than I usually pay for this look
3. I wonder what else I've been missing out on by ignoring them all these years leading up to this AMAZING COLLECTION
4. Ah. Ugh. Why did they have to ruin it with <insert detail>
5. Wait, this stuff isn't that AMAZING. It's just AMAZING for <brand>
6. Bye

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby rublev » Thu May 01, 2014 4:54 pm

LOL i had a go and ordered some stuff from Zara. Just the linen hooded shirt and those linen pants... pretty bad (i know, i was told). The pants are meant to be 100% linen but they don't feel it... fit is really weird as well, like... they just don't fit well at all. They kinda look like women's leggings which is pretty hilarious. Sizing up one might be better but they'd still be shit. The hooded top feels a better quality but the fit is equally bad. I bought a small and medium to test the waters - small is kinda too small to feel relaxed yet the arms as really long! The medium feels more relaxed but looks bad and not in a cool way. No shape to it whatsoever. The pictures make it look great, but maybe if you're a bigger guy and wear a large you can make it work better... but really unflattering on me. All going back tomorrow.

Makes me think when COS get it right at their price it really isn't that bad. I'm just so disappointed with the season so far. Part of me was thinking oh it's just getting started..., but it's now May and everything looks very pedestrian. They tried to make a new thing more interesting in the detail section by saying the jumper had 'a round neck'. I hope with their expansion they're not watering down the weird stuff they try. I have noticed when in store some of that stuff just doesn't sell... so maybe.

Re: GAP. Yeah, some of that looks cool, but with some cash and a good looking model you could probably make a lot of things look cool. The bomber and denim shot it nice tho.

I don't think these were included in the above links but they have some white blue bleached denim which i kinda like for summer. Could look pretty cool once they're worn in a bit more:

zoom in shot of the ass on these things

...no experience with GAP denim though.

rublev
Political Editor

Postby bels » Thu May 01, 2014 6:51 pm

Gap denim is "fine" as far as I know.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby greggy » Fri May 02, 2014 4:07 am

Any opinions on cos/all saints/etc. plain white shirts? Want super slim fit to wear casually but don't want chest pockets, bd collar, etc. Just as plain as it can get.

greggy

PreviousNext

Return to Tags